TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Phantasialand Discussion Thread

On 6/16/2021 at 8:24 PM, KarlaKoaster said:

Wow that's such a classy promotional video. Also those trains are so long, it's basically an omnimover!

The theatrical atmosphere in the station when the train dispatches is just magical - gave me goosebumps. Nice to hear the dispatch music subtly in the video.

Classy indeed - wouldn't expect anything less from Phantasialand.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Four weeks until we are at Phantasialand for three days, staying at Matamba!
I'm so excited for FLY. And to be back on Black Mamba and Colorado Adventure, eventually. I hope it's warm so we can enjoy the raft, too.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 6/16/2021 at 8:03 PM, Kleator said:

So as there has been no legal photo/video material about the station of FLY and the train, Phantasialand just uploaded a new video where you get to see the waiting que and the side tilted train:

Full video (station can be seen at 0:39):

Not sure if an Eng-Version will come up of this.

I just watched this video now, because I wanted to know as little as possible before being there by myself. This video is perfect. It really shows you what to expect once you go into the undergrond station in the Berlin street. It's perfect. Go, ride it, feel it. Now. 

We came back yesterday from a three day trip, sleeping at Matamba (because Lindbergh has no family rooms, only rooms with two single beds). I will definitely write a long trip report in the next days. But I wanted to share asap how awesome out trip was, even if weather rained us out on parts of all three days and temperatures didn't hit 20°C at not one minute.

The combination of F.L.Y. and Rookburgh is the best thing human amusement device makers made that I have seen so far (not having been to Universal or Disney yet). This experience is undescribeable. I'll share a ton of pictures soon.

The crew at hotel Matamba was definitely awesome!

• Like 3

^I was wondering something, are you still required to queue for Rookburgh or are you free to walk into the area whenever you want nowadays? I really haven't heard if things have changed in that aspect or not. I'm going back soon and this precaution measurement from last year popped back in my head and got curious.

33 minutes ago, RCT3Bross said:

^I was wondering something, are you still required to queue for Rookburgh or are you free to walk into the area whenever you want nowadays? I really haven't heard if things have changed in that aspect or not. I'm going back soon and this precaution measurement from last year popped back in my head and got curious.

Rookburgh is open to everyone. It was medium crowded as Northrhine Westphalia has no longer holidays. I didn't feel that it would have been necessary to queue up. But we did notice the keep-your-distance-stickers still being in position on the ground all the way back to Wuze Town.

^Well, comfort wise, I'd always opt for Matamba. I thought it is a perfect family park hotel. But I'd like to try Lindbergh for the feeling of living in the middle of a great roller coaster in the middle of a great themed area.

Charles Lindbergh was fantastic.  The room was small, but the Quick Passes for FLY, ability to walk around Rookburgh after hours, and food were excellent perks with the base rate.

Plus they let you in Rookburgh before everyone else in the morning, I was able to get 2 rides each morning on FLY without waiting more than 5 minutes.

• Like 1