TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Phantasialand Discussion Thread

^Yes, you found the right one by now. If you consider a 3 1/2 hours drive as endurable, it's not that far away from Europa Park. Germany is not that big after all.

Sadly enough, I guess there won't be any construction today at Black Mamba's since it's All Saints' Day which is an official holiday in the state of Northrhine-Westphalia. And it's probably the last day for a few weeks we will get detailed pics of the construction ground because today is the end of the summer season and the park won't open till the end of November. But this won't stop people from taking pictures from outside the park. There are still lots of tracks to be found beside the administration building and they are looking suspiciously like new inversions.

Never mind, there is a Bruhl between Mannheim and Heidlburg.

By the way, this Brühl you are referring to is not famous for any themepark, but has another attraction:

492_zoom.jpg.df4ef57ea806b6b62788b50500c99cc4.jpg

Steffi Graf, Brühl's most famous citizen. Former Tennis champion, who was the last person ever to win a Grand Slam (all four tournaments in one year) and now married to Andre Agassi

Finally we get another old school B&M. I guess the trick nowadays is to specifically tell them to build an intense coaster if you don't want to end up with something like Silver Bullet or Hydra. If any coaster is going to be the one that proves B&M hasn't completely lost their touch, Black Mamba looks to be it.

The parks decide a lot more than you think, the layout and intensity, everything. The weaker B&Ms are weaker because the parks wanted them weaker. The companies only do what the parks want them to do.

I hear what you're saying, and that's true to an extent. I'm just basing it on the fact that B&M's could consistantly be counted on to be intense throughout the 90's, but nearly all of them built since 2000 have been considerably weaker. The park may have a lot of influence over the direction of the ride, but B&M obviously had some change of direction since that time. I just find it hard to believe that parks that were previously getting intense B&M's all of a sudden asked for them to be toned down.

I just find it hard to believe that parks that were previously getting intense B&M's all of a sudden asked for them to be toned down.

Well, with a steadily increasing "sue happy" mentality of "Lieutenant General O.M.F.G. Public" (at least in the US) and therefor exploding insurance costs...

...now guess what parks did to react on that?

Trim-dead and / or over-restraint existing rides. Otherwise (anxiously?) hoping to get away with existing high forces, however ordering lower forces with new ones.

Luckily Phantasialand is not facing said issues like obviously US parks do. 8)

Luckily Phantasialand is not facing said issues like obviously US parks do. 8)

blah blah blah all I hear is someone touting their regions lack of sue happy people and its annoying!!

Ill just have to go visit...screw the people of the US who cant seem to do anything without injuring themselves then blaming the person next to them.

• 2 weeks later...