TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Phantasialand Discussion Thread

6 hours ago, anonymouscactus said:

So... I think I will be going to Germany for the first time during the middle of September, and one stop will be Phantasialand on a Wednesday or Thursday. I know this was JUST talked about, but they have shorter hours so I'm assuming the crowds will be lower, but is it absolutely a 2 day park even during what might be the slower part of the season, for a first timer? Or is it definitely 100% a two day park. Just reading in this thread I've seen waits of 45-60 min for things, and if that's the case, im definitely thinking 2 days. And if I'm thinking 2 days I'm also thinking of the Lindbergh hotel as an option.

I know it's been asked before but I'm just trying to get a feel for the park. I don't want to be spoiled by stuff so I don't want to go through this thread too much, though I did watch a documentary on FLY because I never thought I'd ever visit Germany.... but here we are. The new area looks fascinating. Outside of the new area, I know absolutely nothing. I don't want to rush in 1 day or risk missing out on anything. Just go for it? I saw there is a fast queue option but it seems to be pay per ride?

Everything Bert said is one hundred percent correct. If you see the park for the first time - and maybe the last time for some years - don't go for one day.

It is a two day park at every time of the year, in every weather.

We have been there multiple times one day (with the knowledge to be back with a three hour drive evera time we want). But our last visit with 2.5 days onsite was so different.

We will never be there for one single day again.

An idea for you, if your schedule is tight: Arrive at day one, stay onsite, leave late on day two. This is the only option.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've always been super lucky with queues on my last few visits, but I don't think it's been a one day park since they added Black Mamba. Sure, you can rush it if you just want to tick off the credits, but I don't think you'd be doing the park justice. Like you say, the area around FLY is amazing (same with Taron and Black Mamba) so you definitely give yourself the time to enjoy them.

49 minutes ago, anonymouscactus said:

Thanks so much for the (quick) feedback. We will definitely do two days. :D now to convince my friend to do the Charles Lindbergh hotel!

Have fun and let us know how your days have been.

You can't do a wrong decision with the hotels!

2 hours ago, anonymouscactus said:

Thanks so much for the (quick) feedback. We will definitely do two days. :D now to convince my friend to do the Charles Lindbergh hotel!

warning tho. .the rooms are quite small.

I'll have a trip report up starting fairly soon. . but will take me a while to get to Phantasialand. . . tho lemme know if you want me to post the hotel pics here 1st.

3 hours ago, bert425 said:

the rooms are quite small

Yes, I'm aware they are definitely tiny, but the location is the equivalent of people who like being able to walk right on the beach... but for a coaster enthusiast. 😆

The only negative in my eyes is my snoring will probably rumble the room in such a small space...

I can do a Google search for some photos so no need to go out of your way, but thanks!

• Like 1

^ the bonus is that the storytelling, and set up for the hotel guests is amazing!  Pretty fully immersive.

here is the check-in packet for guests:

IMG_4450.thumb.JPG.a5a55960fa633ac9c5bd6f2c53a5ba60.JPG

IMG_4451.thumb.JPG.93ef40a099870d28ad5a7d9f09bf1d8d.JPG

room keys go in that packet/pocket on the left

IMG_4452.thumb.JPG.e33f1ef79aa7b4827454c9d01e1fa1ca.JPG

IMG_4453.thumb.JPG.3537444542d7985d6219a23e23b804eb.JPG

logbook with hotel info, and notepad

IMG_4454.thumb.JPG.6fa2f2b41bba76cc8de8807b018e92f1.JPG

IMG_4455.thumb.JPG.59a1ddaf71037b8071d4019cc800a654.JPG

IMG_4456.thumb.JPG.f4225cddf7acb14db641a9332482c560.JPG

IMG_4457.thumb.JPG.b0ec8893317ca4a61305accbd0c7d689.JPG

IMG_4458.thumb.JPG.d04077f0ffd53cb1c8ad66860e026c57.JPG

postcards!

IMG_4459.thumb.JPG.05bd0493bc9ac6a2c1fce8cef659a01d.JPG

IMG_4460.thumb.JPG.58499754cd3330257454cc710fd1179c.JPG

what holds the room key. . .but also folds out into:

IMG_4461.thumb.JPG.077134bd65deba1b4b7b65cf8279530c.JPG

map of hotel

IMG_4462.thumb.JPG.abda525e71df7668d1b3e7c272432040.JPG

and flipside is map of Rookburgh - the area hotel guests (and only hotel guests) have access to after park close

IMG_4463.thumb.JPG.025912cf8b3896547b0df262f77a6398.JPG

F.L.Y. passes:

IMG_4464.thumb.JPG.4d05525646d5c4dc660eaf6c1be54b2b.JPG

IMG_4465.thumb.JPG.8e93cad607171bc60bf4ffb6d9dfc5d3.JPG

and in the room?  fancy chocolates!

IMG_4449.thumb.JPG.5302761986d0b93f6d88602f445dba8e.JPG

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Pedrinho said:

Everything Bert said is one hundred percent correct. If you see the park for the first time - and maybe the last time for some years - don't go for one day.

It is a two day park at every time of the year, in every weather.

We have been there multiple times one day (with the knowledge to be back with a three hour drive evera time we want). But our last visit with 2.5 days onsite was so different.

We will never be there for one single day again.

An idea for you, if your schedule is tight: Arrive at day one, stay onsite, leave late on day two. This is the only option.

by the way. . so nice to meet you at Tripsdill. . your family is wonderful, and the kiddos adorable!  (even if he didn't want to ride the motorbikes with me) 😛

18 hours ago, bert425 said:

by the way. . so nice to meet you at Tripsdill. . your family is wonderful, and the kiddos adorable!  (even if he didn't want to ride the motorbikes with me) 😛

We have to hand back the compliment! It was a pleasure to spend the time with you! :)

• Like 1

Deep in Africa: Adventure Trail opens!

Phantasialand's new for 2022 attraction opened today. The new interactive family walkthrough attraction has been built in and through the layout of Black Mamba and the African area's jungle. Quite a remarkable feat to so seamlessly squeeze in a substantial adventure trail 16 years after Mamba first opened and the area was considered 'full'/too small for any other attraction.

The website page confirms minimum restrictions as 90cm and 3 years old when accompanied, 1,20cm alone. Also confirmation it will be open in Wintertraum as well. Seems beside the exit of the Trail (which ends with a big roller slide) a new hut as been built for Kroka (the African area dragon) meet and greets too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6QndTvsuOM

https://www.phantasialand.de/de/themenpark/einzigartige-attraktionen/adventure-trail/

There already are a few different videos online showing more of the obstacles inside the trail.

• Like 2

Now that is a cool attraction!  It really gets all up in Black Mamba's business!  When we stayed at Hotel Matamba they had a miniature ropes course for the young'ns by the restaurant.  I may have gone through it every chance I got because, c'mon, when there's a mini ropes course that's practically in the lobby it's expected.

• Like 1

That adventure Trail looks really cool, can't wait to try it out.

I also wanted to tell about my last visit around a month ago now. I stayed at the hotel for the first time for this park and it was so worth it. I don't usually sleep at the park hotels but this was something that felt like an experience and oh it was. The area looks amazing at night and to be able to watch that from close by was a treat. F.L.Y. has worked it's way as one of if not my most favorite coaster ever, I feel like each visit the ride gets better, no it's not the most intense or crazy ride but for me the whole experience counts and boy does F.L.Y. deliver on that front. I had some fears before hand, I come to the park every year at least once so a two day visit was a bit much, but at the end I really didn't care day two had only rerides because I love the park so much. I'm already thinking about doing it again next year but after seeing the plans for the rest of the year and the next one maybe 2024?

Also for people that wonder what room number I had:

20220605_174509.thumb.jpg.a2b89702f83b417f206a363654c46412.jpg

Gate C Level 4 Room 64.

Well, I am officially reserved for hotel Charles Lindbergh in September! We will be spending two full days at the park, along with 2 full days at Europa (+ waterpark twilight admission) and Tripsdrill and Holiday Park. Most excited for Phantasialand!

Any recommendations on food? For dinner the first day we will be eating at the hotel since it's included, but what recommendations for during the day? I'm pretty open to anything / any type of food, so I'm curious as to what some of your favorites are.

Thanks again for all the advice.

4 minutes ago, anonymouscactus said:

Well, I am officially reserved for hotel Charles Lindbergh in September! We will be spending two full days at the park, along with 2 full days at Europa (+ waterpark twilight admission) and Tripsdrill and Holiday Park. Most excited for Phantasialand!

Any recommendations on food? For dinner the first day we will be eating at the hotel since it's included, but what recommendations for during the day? I'm pretty open to anything / any type of food, so I'm curious as to what some of your favorites are.

I've ner had particularly bad food anywhere at Phantasia. There's everything. Asian, French, Amreican, German. Full food, sweets and snacks.

Most time at parks, we are snacking through the day and have a full meal after park close. Just go for anything you like - it will most likely be good!

P.S.: If you like, we can male a meetup at Holiday Park - just contact us. We're pretty busy in September, but maybe it will work out for us!

6 hours ago, anonymouscactus said:

The food at Charles Limburgh was hit or miss I thought. Tho the pasta options were all good

in the park?  The sit down restaurant close to Taron entrance (with the metal menus) was quite good 

3370DC7B-3FEA-4830-8E2B-D8FC2EECC034.jpeg

5FCC7A5F-1747-4477-B0DC-30A36084017F.jpeg

Sorry got lots going on and not at home.  So can’t really remember 

tho I had the pork butt that was fantastic and the cheese plate looked good.  I think everyone was pleased with their choices

and everyone liked the beer options (tho I had wine)  

A20CFA0B-CA73-4181-9E3A-34486B29B7ED.jpeg

85980FA6-284B-4333-AE3F-B7CE0FD6297C.jpeg

0BB249B9-5DC2-4618-A099-CB1A7A3E8473.jpeg

• Like 2

18 hours ago, anonymouscactus said:

What specific dishes did you have that was good?

You may eat anything at Rutmor's. It's great food and nothing like normal park food. We had almost everything there over the course of the years.

• Like 1

On 7/16/2022 at 4:40 PM, anonymouscactus said:

Well, you'll want to be a little bit hungry for the three-course dinner at Uhrwerk, so maybe just do a light lunch. A warm sandwich at Kohleschipper (Rookburgh) or some tapas at Restaurante Cocorico (Mexico area), or maybe tarte flambee at Heißer Baldur (Klugheim). I've also heard good things about the new for this season food stands in the China area, but I cannot vouch for that myself. Can't visit Phantasialand as often as I used to since they're no longer selling annual passes. :(

• Like 1

On 7/9/2022 at 5:05 PM, bert425 said:

^ the bonus is that the storytelling, and set up for the hotel guests is amazing!  Pretty fully immersive.

here is the check-in packet for guests:

<snip>

That's the most progressive metal artwork I've ever seen for a theme park and I say that as a compliment.

Do most of the places around the park accept credit cards, or should I instead plan on using cash? I read that credit cards aren't as popular in Germany, but specifically at Phantasialand they have some weird policies just for booking and paying for the hotel (my friend was telling me CC was not an option and you had to do a wire transfer?? Really?). I was curious if it was the same around the park? I couldn't find a whole lot about it in my internet searches other than some info from as few years ago. I don't know if things have changed or if I should rely on cash for things around the park?

2 hours ago, anonymouscactus said:

Do most of the places around the park accept credit cards, or should I instead plan on using cash? I read that credit cards aren't as popular in Germany, but specifically at Phantasialand they have some weird policies just for booking and paying for the hotel (my friend was telling me CC was not an option and you had to do a wire transfer?? Really?). I was curious if it was the same around the park? I couldn't find a whole lot about it in my internet searches other than some info from as few years ago. I don't know if things have changed or if I should rely on cash for things around the park?

Credit cards were widely accepted at Phantasialand (at least the restaurants we visited). If you ask for a link to pay the hotel by credit card, they will send one to you.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, anonymouscactus said:

I paid our two hotel room via Mastercard at arrival and paid surely everything we bought in the park the same way. Perhaps not all food stalls accept them, but most will do.

• Like 1