TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Phantasialand Discussion Thread

^I was wondering something, are you still required to queue for Rookburgh or are you free to walk into the area whenever you want nowadays? I really haven't heard if things have changed in that aspect or not. I'm going back soon and this precaution measurement from last year popped back in my head and got curious.

33 minutes ago, RCT3Bross said:

^I was wondering something, are you still required to queue for Rookburgh or are you free to walk into the area whenever you want nowadays? I really haven't heard if things have changed in that aspect or not. I'm going back soon and this precaution measurement from last year popped back in my head and got curious.

Rookburgh is open to everyone. It was medium crowded as Northrhine Westphalia has no longer holidays. I didn't feel that it would have been necessary to queue up. But we did notice the keep-your-distance-stickers still being in position on the ground all the way back to Wuze Town.

^Well, comfort wise, I'd always opt for Matamba. I thought it is a perfect family park hotel. But I'd like to try Lindbergh for the feeling of living in the middle of a great roller coaster in the middle of a great themed area.

Charles Lindbergh was fantastic.  The room was small, but the Quick Passes for FLY, ability to walk around Rookburgh after hours, and food were excellent perks with the base rate.

Plus they let you in Rookburgh before everyone else in the morning, I was able to get 2 rides each morning on FLY without waiting more than 5 minutes.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Just watched this. So cool. (Note: I knew practically nothing about this park and not very much about this ride, and haven't followed this thread, so I was pretty impressed by this video). It was uploaded a few days ago. Knew nothing about the hotel, or apparently the transfer track that lifts through the actual bar/restaurant, if I understood that correctly? The entire area and music really is amazing.

• Like 1

Wow, what a great video. I didn't know about the restaurant/bar thing, but the way I understand it is they would only use that when taking the trains off the track, for example for annual maintenance.

Most parks would just have a roller shutter at the back of the storage building, Phantasialand move the pool table and take the train's carriages through the skylight.

God, it sounds so ridiculous when you say it like that 😂

On 8/22/2021 at 2:13 AM, Canobie Coaster said:

Charles Lindbergh was fantastic.  The room was small, but the Quick Passes for FLY, ability to walk around Rookburgh after hours, and food were excellent perks with the base rate.

Plus they let you in Rookburgh before everyone else in the morning, I was able to get 2 rides each morning on FLY without waiting more than 5 minutes.

I just got to talk to a few friends who visited and stayed and it sounds just perfect honestly! Exactly what you want when visiting a bucket list park

• 2 weeks later...

Phantasialand informed us today, that they reinstalled Quick Pass: https://www.phantasialand.de/de/themenpark/informationen-und-anreise/#quickpass

Funny, just days after Elissa and I talked about just that, isn't it?

As the text it german only, here the hard facts:
It costs 10,-- € and you can use it two times on the following rides: Talocan, Maus au Chocolat, Chiapas, Winja's Fear, Winja's Force, Colorado Adventure.
Instead of using it two times on different attractions, you can use it one time for two people.
For an additional 10,-- € Taron and Black Mamba are additionally included with the same rules.
There is no choosing of seats. Pass is only valid on the day of purchase.

It's a bummer that F.L.Y. is not included. But I'm happy that some sort of pass is back. If the price is worth it - I don't know.

Edited by Pedrinho
corrected information
  • Like 1

On 10/5/2021 at 1:38 AM, SharkTums said:

^They're listening! Haha! I'm glad this is at least an option again. 

It gets even better. I heard today that line choosing and baby swith also shall return on select attractions. Perhaps we should bicker a bit more around here!? :D

3 hours ago, Garet said:

^^ Eventually I'll get to try this park, I keep hoping Europa will eventually also get a paid fast pass option to not have to try and squeeze in more parks into an itinerary.

I'm still waiting for Europa Park to finally implement this as Cedar Point does. But their spiel was that this was not an option as they don't want to split their customers in classes.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Satchboogie3 said:

How are crowds in DE/Europe this time of year?  I'm thinking of heading back to Phantasialand maybe next weekend, but don't really want to go if it'll be packed.

Phantasialand is crowded at almost all days of the year. Expect 30-60 minute waits for Taron, Raik, Black Mamba, F.L.Y. and the Winjas as well as other major attractions and 20-40 minutes for things like Maus au Chocolat. As autumn holidays are starting now, your weekend will be the central weekend of them, so the weekend may be even busier. As Quick Pass is active again, consider spending some money and use it. I would please aou to go for at least two days to get the best out of it.

For Europa-Park and Heide-Park I would consider the very same minus the fast lane options.

At Holiday-Park crowds will be a little less.

On 10/8/2021 at 7:29 PM, Pedrinho said:

Phantasialand is crowded at almost all days of the year. Expect 30-60 minute waits for Taron, Raik, Black Mamba, F.L.Y. and the Winjas as well as other major attractions and 20-40 minutes for things like Maus au Chocolat. As autumn holidays are starting now, your weekend will be the central weekend of them, so the weekend may be even busier. As Quick Pass is active again, consider spending some money and use it. I would please aou to go for at least two days to get the best out of it.

For Europa-Park and Heide-Park I would consider the very same minus the fast lane options.

At Holiday-Park crowds will be a little less.

I must say your post made me a little worried aha

I'll be going to the park next Monday (and I only have that day, I took a week off to go to a few parks in that area). I suppose this Quick Pass is a sort of skip the line pass, right? I couldn't find anything on their website, though.

Also, just to be sure: I'll also be going to Tripsdrill, Heide Park, Holiday Park and Movie park. None of these have any fast pass available (or at least in a visible/clear way) on their websites, do you know if they all don't have one?
I see this is a bit of a German trend.

2 hours ago, rcjp said:

I must say your post made me a little worried aha

I'll be going to the park next Monday (and I only have that day, I took a week off to go to a few parks in that area). I suppose this Quick Pass is a sort of skip the line pass, right? I couldn't find anything on their website, though.

Also, just to be sure: I'll also be going to Tripsdrill, Heide Park, Holiday Park and Movie park. None of these have any fast pass available (or at least in a visible/clear way) on their websites, do you know if they all don't have one?
I see this is a bit of a German trend.

Yes, it's definitely a German issue at the moment.

As far as I know Tripsdrill doesn't have a skip the line system. About the lastest COVID protocol, I know nothing for sure. Last time I have been to Tripsdrill, you were able to choose rows and lines were mediocre. Normally, in autum, you won't wait more that 30 minutes anywhere.
At Heide Park you will be at least able to choose your seats freely. As far as I know no skip the line system at the moment as well as no single rider lines.
At Holiday Park you may choose your seat at Expedition GeForce. Express Pass is available, but I suppose you won't need it if you go during the week. Please not that Expedition GeForce does not operate at 8°C or less. Some weeks ago we had walk-ons all day. Check my last trip report for more infos on Holiday Park. I plan on going to Holiday Park next week with my kids.
Quick Pass at Phantasialand is a skip the line system. You'll only get it at the welcome center at the main entrance. It lets you choose your seats on two coasters or for a party of two on one coaster. F.L.Y. is NOT included (see here: https://www.phantasialand.de/de/themenpark/informationen-und-anreise/#quickpass). With QP you will easily get everything done in one day. Maybe even without. Just check the crowds. Times in the app are normally pretty accurate.
About Movie Park, I know nothing, tbh.

18 hours ago, rcjp said:

Movie Park has 2 fast pass options available: Speedy Pass Single (valid for 1 ride) and Speedy Pass Gold (all rides once). More info can be found here. Since it is Halloween, the park can be really crowded, especially during the weekends. So, if it's a first-time visit, I would recommend a to buy a Speedy Pass Gold. Also, if you want to do some of the Halloween mazes, buy your maze tickets online in advance, because the capacity of the mazes is restricted due to covid measures.

4 hours ago, indyv said:

Movie Park has 2 fast pass options available: Speedy Pass Single (valid for 1 ride) and Speedy Pass Gold (all rides once). More info can be found here. Since it is Halloween, the park can be really crowded, especially during the weekends. So, if it's a first-time visit, I would recommend a to buy a Speedy Pass Gold. Also, if you want to do some of the Halloween mazes, buy your maze tickets online in advance, because the capacity of the mazes is restricted due to covid measures.

Thanks for the tips :)
I guess I didn't see the pass cause it's not available in the English version of the website (these "issues" also seem to happen with other parks too)

19 hours ago, Pedrinho said:

Yes, it's definitely a German issue at the moment.

As far as I know Tripsdrill doesn't have a skip the line system. About the lastest COVID protocol, I know nothing for sure. Last time I have been to Tripsdrill, you were able to choose rows and lines were mediocre. Normally, in autum, you won't wait more that 30 minutes anywhere.
At Heide Park you will be at least able to choose your seats freely. As far as I know no skip the line system at the moment as well as no single rider lines.
At Holiday Park you may choose your seat at Expedition GeForce. Express Pass is available, but I suppose you won't need it if you go during the week. Please not that Expedition GeForce does not operate at 8°C or less. Some weeks ago we had walk-ons all day. Check my last trip report for more infos on Holiday Park. I plan on going to Holiday Park next week with my kids.
Quick Pass at Phantasialand is a skip the line system. You'll only get it at the welcome center at the main entrance. It lets you choose your seats on two coasters or for a party of two on one coaster. F.L.Y. is NOT included (see here: https://www.phantasialand.de/de/themenpark/informationen-und-anreise/#quickpass). With QP you will easily get everything done in one day. Maybe even without. Just check the crowds. Times in the app are normally pretty accurate.
About Movie Park, I know nothing, tbh.

Thanks a lot for the extensive explanation!
I'll go to all parks during the week except Tripsdrill, next Sunday.

I'll go to holiday park on Thursday, temperatures seem well above 8 but rainy. In fact, it looks like I'll get rain in most of these places. How are their "rain protocols"?

I've already downloaded the apps for all parks that have them, they seem to be in German only but I'll manage 😅

2 hours ago, rcjp said:

I'll go to holiday park on Thursday, temperatures seem well above 8 but rainy. In fact, it looks like I'll get rain in most of these places. How are their "rain protocols"?

I haven't had any ride closures in Germany except for one Europa Park trip where we had a severe thunderstorm.

I've ridden Expedition GeForce, F.L.Y., Flug der Dämonen, Karacho and Taron in heavy rain. This should not be an issue. Mammut and Karacho at Tripsdrill, I've also ridden in snowfall. Our last Phantasialand trip consisted of three rainy days. No ride had a noticeable downtime due to rain.

As far as I know, Expedition GeForce is the only coaster that closes down due to temperatures. In fact, I just learned that Taron can operate until -10°C!

We just scheduled our Holiday Park trip for monday or tuesday. I'll make sure to give a quick summary in the Holiday Park thread.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I finally made it back out to the park on Halloween!   I was excited to check out F.L.Y and the rides I had missed on my previous trip a few years ago.     The weather turned out great (mild fall temps and the rain held off until the evening).    I was impressed by F.L.Y.   Based on reviews, I was expecting a very mild ride, but it was pleasantly forceful (there were a lot of dives where you really feel pulled down and a few good pops of airtime) and a ton of fun.  The interaction with the area is really awesome.     It is a great ride.  If you are a steam-punk fan, it will blow your mind.  I will say that I'm not, so I do still prefer Taron, ride and theming wise.  I also preferred Taron at night, lit up with cool colors, where as FLY was just white-light, but I it did stay true to the theming.  

The park didn't seem too busy.  The longest I waited was ~45 minutes for Taron around 11am.   The lines completely cleared up after 12 (This seems to be a thing in Germany?   Everyone seemed to queue up for lunch while Taron went from 50 minutes to literally 10 minutes from 12:30-1:30ish!).   I took advantage of this and got a solid 7 or 8 rides on Taron between 12:30 and 2ish.    Black Mamba was practically a walk-on all day and most other rides where at most 20 minutes.  I think FLY was 30-45 minutes all day (I got 2 rides, 1 at the start of the day in the front row and another later afternoon with ~45 minute wait.  I know the advertised capacity is more than Taron, but the line felt way slower.  Taron was killing it with quick 4-train op).

After around 12 rides on Taron, I would say front left seat is where it's at.  The trims before the last airtime hill were on (I can't recall if this was the case when I was there a few years ago), it's really a shame as it completely kills that last hill (you still get floater air).  Kind of like Konda, I feel the last 10-20 seconds of Taron leave a lot to be desired, and I just wish there was more airtime.  I do other wise love the ride though.

This was my first time at the park after dark and Taron absolutely was amazing at night!   The dark and lighting really add the experience.  I also got a ride on Black Mamba on the way out and it felt completely out of control in the dark!

I tried to upload a video of FLY, but it won't load for some reason.

On to some pictures:

20211031_091744.thumb.jpg.6f77fc9f56f23b1935ff52810c797a13.jpg

FLY as you enter from the main park entrance20211031_091948.thumb.jpg.62f2c59f6f57a340bc20916cde50fed8.jpg20211031_092104.thumb.jpg.f30ed3b216ee98f41c8c6ad15bfbe31c.jpg

View from an open-air section of the queue

20211031_102419.thumb.jpg.0e5153ab97e4ccd239304d92c16d9943.jpg20211031_102729.thumb.jpg.886997d3b0e39077ff173d4ba508dda5.jpg

On to Taron, my favorite part of the park

20211031_104104.thumb.jpg.2116a9ebc6f5f2638e5f75dab7e65161.jpg20211031_104455.thumb.jpg.db5b320de2d224020d4569c9ae59720b.jpg20211031_114259.thumb.jpg.66c39b558c59833c932034cdf43b5b26.jpg20211031_122537.thumb.jpg.fa05bdc309f729a29b9855f0ad85102a.jpg20211031_122555.thumb.jpg.6026fbcb512f7d37f88866980edf6516.jpg20211031_142431.thumb.jpg.4e4504fc8afbb0c6b4c81a4d03a744be.jpg

Andech's Hell's break before heading back to FLY :)

20211031_165257.thumb.jpg.bc947770ba2e4e13af1f5e3c5d047b4d.jpg20211031_165318.thumb.jpg.ee7f4b676a1f7277b0534305e9b4102b.jpg

Back to Taron as the sun started to go down.  I LOVE the red lit second launch!

20211031_173100.thumb.jpg.aca4c02fa48882fc186c6bbc9504a0fe.jpg20211031_173458.thumb.jpg.b0db5557e2f18697a083632cc4522129.jpg20211031_175840.thumb.jpg.a45546b891d6a05d2f69e5fef56d14a0.jpg20211031_175942.thumb.jpg.bcad4857a4d462d59f5d11799ce88ec7.jpg20211031_180005.thumb.jpg.41c3afb8e337a16fdcb018c7639efb6c.jpg20211031_180136.thumb.jpg.927a91f6641f8a745b592175c6f5c758.jpg20211031_181900.thumb.jpg.94ac93f7669ff8724e260350b0be8bc8.jpg

Anyone know how to flip this image? It inverted on uploading!

20211031_182440.thumb.jpg.e2b5abe26bde64f4e0352d6a79a21258.jpg20211031_182501.thumb.jpg.97d24b5775d18c0eb8f90197a0ad8010.jpg20211031_182616.thumb.jpg.ee42c32fd073d406c10abb9496d8f8fc.jpg

• Like 4