TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Phantasialand Discussion Thread

I can't wait to see this in person! The theming is again, top notch. Not to mention a fun, well rounded attraction for an already epic park. It's insane to think this park contains this along with Black Mamba and Taron... Plus others.

Hoping we can make it back in 2021 for another Euro trip.

Ling Bao (and Bar) Hotel Rawks!

Dragon Bar was fantastic. There's a ton of (hazy) memories I have from that place. I was so sad in 2016 when it was closed for refurbs. Even though I don't drink anymore I'll still happily spend a few evenings in that place with everyone!

• 4 weeks later...

^ Honestly, I think back on the 2010 Europe Tour, we were all in the newer African-themed hotel (sorry, forget the name of it). And they had a bar on the main floor with service outside in a gardened area.  It was a nice spot for drinks and discussion. But the Dragon Bar was noisy, crowded... we loved that, too. 🍸

On 10/19/2020 at 4:06 PM, COASTER FREAK 11 said:

Do any of the other hotels have cool bars like Dragon Bar though?

On 10/19/2020 at 5:51 PM, Nrthwnd said:

^ Honestly, I think back on the 2010 Europe Tour, we were all in the newer African-themed hotel (sorry, forget the name of it). And they had a bar on the main floor with service outside in a gardened area.  It was a nice spot for drinks and discussion. But the Dragon Bar was noisy, crowded... we loved that, too. 🍸

Hotel Matamba is the African-themed hotel and Nrthwnd is right, it's a lobby bar with a patio available.  It's nice and the drinks are delicious but it's nothing compared to Dragon Bar.  Really, is there ever a choice between "ground floor lobby bar" or "indoor/outdoor rooftop bar overlooking the park"?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Theme Park Review! My name is Victor, I'm a game developer for a small studio named Gurashop based in Spain and the United Kingdom, but most importantly, I've always been a hardcore theme park enthusiast from as early as 2006.

Recently the team of Gurashop and I have  been developing a new game for Virtual Reality named Rinlo. The game mixes first and third person views as you guide its main character, Agatha. Through a steampunk adventure defeating enemies, solving puzzles and exploring the vast environments of the game.

- "But what does all of this have to do with Phantasialand? You Must be clearly in the wrong topic and the wrong website, mate!"

Here is the important bit: We've partnered with Phantasialand to give away Two Free Tickets for the 2021 Summer Season as well as one Free Copy of the game. I can't think of a a better group of people who would benefit from a trip to the awesome new area of Rookburgh and a chance to ride F.L.Y. so I wanted to personally let you know about it 😉

To participate please head to our Twitter or Instagram posts and follow the instructions. We wish you luck! Let me know if you have any questions and I'll be happy to answer them.

Good luck!

Victor 😀

RIN_Giveaway_Phantasialand_16x9_Still_02.jpg

• 2 months later...

Yes, it started testing recently! There is also a near-clone of Cheetah Hunt (but with new style trains) in China too. I'm surprised custom layouts like this get cloned by Intamin as you'd think the original park would have exclusivity, but I guess China is a different market so it doesn't matter too much.

On 2/2/2021 at 10:33 PM, SharkTums said:

I can imagine the percentage of people in China that will ride this version who know about the Taron original is less than .01!!!

Totally get that. But I'm also a bit.. "Annoyed".. that the "unique" status of Taron is touched. I really like it, but what I liked most about it was the fact, that the whole combination of area, coaster, theming was completely unique. Worldwide. Now, this has been scratched somehow. And to be able to see the coaster as a whole piece ist somehow odd. One of the best things about Taron is, that you are never able to see more than half of the coaster at once. So this differs from Raptor and Orochi/Monster. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Pedrinho said:

Totally get that. But I'm also a bit.. "Annoyed".. that the "unique" status of Taron is touched. I really like it, but what I liked most about it was the fact, that the whole combination of area, coaster, theming was completely unique. Worldwide. Now, this has been scratched somehow. And to be able to see the coaster as a whole piece ist somehow odd. One of the best things about Taron is, that you are never able to see more than half of the coaster at once. So this differs from Raptor and Orochi/Monster. 

I have to disagree with you here... Taron hasn't lost its uniqueness.

To all "normal" guests and 95 percent or more of enthusiasts, the Taron clone does not exist. I can't think of any other combinations of impressive theming, intricate rockwork, and two (!!) intertwined coasters (one of them being world-class) anywhere in the world - except for Phantasialand, of course!

I'm not going to go to a random Sunac park in China to ride Taron, I'm going to go to Phantasialand! Why wouldn't I?

It is missing shooting up the waterfall and feeling the mist that Taron has. 

If I found a Genie in a bottle and my first wish was for more wishes. After wishing for health and wealth, one of them would be Phantasialand opening up a US park using the basic principles they have there, integrated hotels in highly themed areas. An Epcot World  Showcase with thrill rides and in park hotels, yeah that's the ticket.

On 2/5/2021 at 3:48 PM, A.J. said:

I have to disagree with you here... Taron hasn't lost its uniqueness.

To all "normal" guests and 95 percent or more of enthusiasts, the Taron clone does not exist. I can't think of any other combinations of impressive theming, intricate rockwork, and two (!!) intertwined coasters (one of them being world-class) anywhere in the world - except for Phantasialand, of course!

I'm not going to go to a random Sunac park in China to ride Taron, I'm going to go to Phantasialand! Why wouldn't I?

I understand your point. If I'm there again (next summer, tickets purchased!), I will enjoy it as always. No question. For me, it's just odd to know that this masterpiece stands somewhere else without anything around it that makes the complete impression that Phantasialand provides.

Or perhaps I am just undercoatered and need the lockdown to be over. ;)

• 4 months later...

So as there has been no legal photo/video material about the station of FLY and the train, Phantasialand just uploaded a new video where you get to see the waiting que and the side tilted train:

90420b12617a827100b68d918d7b7f95.thumb.jpg.c56dbb1b4b31449982f553e47ed42e58.jpg

Full video (station can be seen at 0:39):

Not sure if an Eng-Version will come up of this.

• Like 1

On 6/16/2021 at 8:24 PM, KarlaKoaster said:

Wow that's such a classy promotional video. Also those trains are so long, it's basically an omnimover!

The theatrical atmosphere in the station when the train dispatches is just magical - gave me goosebumps. Nice to hear the dispatch music subtly in the video.

Classy indeed - wouldn't expect anything less from Phantasialand.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Four weeks until we are at Phantasialand for three days, staying at Matamba!
I'm so excited for FLY. And to be back on Black Mamba and Colorado Adventure, eventually. I hope it's warm so we can enjoy the raft, too.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 6/16/2021 at 8:03 PM, Kleator said:

So as there has been no legal photo/video material about the station of FLY and the train, Phantasialand just uploaded a new video where you get to see the waiting que and the side tilted train:

Full video (station can be seen at 0:39):

Not sure if an Eng-Version will come up of this.

I just watched this video now, because I wanted to know as little as possible before being there by myself. This video is perfect. It really shows you what to expect once you go into the undergrond station in the Berlin street. It's perfect. Go, ride it, feel it. Now. 

We came back yesterday from a three day trip, sleeping at Matamba (because Lindbergh has no family rooms, only rooms with two single beds). I will definitely write a long trip report in the next days. But I wanted to share asap how awesome out trip was, even if weather rained us out on parts of all three days and temperatures didn't hit 20°C at not one minute.

The combination of F.L.Y. and Rookburgh is the best thing human amusement device makers made that I have seen so far (not having been to Universal or Disney yet). This experience is undescribeable. I'll share a ton of pictures soon.

The crew at hotel Matamba was definitely awesome!

• Like 3