TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Phantasialand Discussion Thread

Looks kind of like the Black Mamba of flying coasters (appropriate). Until the Stingray layout, flying coasters had always been very drawn out and graceful. Perhaps Vekoma's newer generation of flying coasters might grab some of the market share that would typically go to Zamperla Volare coasters?

This will for sure be an interesting construction to follow. I have no idea where they are going with this one...

It seems to always be the case with this park.

I never did write a TR but long story short, I absolutely love this park. Better than Europa or Holiday Park. Black Mamba is ridiculous. That Mine train (Colorado Adventure?) was by far my favorite mine train I've ever ridden, so much airtime. Taron is among the most fun coasters on the planet... and even the queue was eventful, as someone kept passing out in front of me. Had to catch her a couple times. She seemed to be doing okay after some water, and I believe she even got to ride! Winjas was a lot of fun. etc.

Everything at this park is better than you'd expect it to be. That's a good feeling.

Everything at this park is better than you'd expect it to be. That's a good feeling.

The only rides that come to mind as exceptions to this are the two rides in the Chinese area, Nighthawk, and Hollywood Tour. Based on rumors it seems the China area is up for some major TLC and I honestly would love to see what Phantasialand could do with Nighthawk's building (although I remember reading that they cannot demolish it because of the town?).

Phantasialand is honestly my favorite park in the world and I'll definitely try my best to head back every 2 years or so if the expansions keep coming. I'm already planning a return trip next year for Rookburgh.

^I agree with everything. This park blew me away, and it is my new #1 theme park.

I am glad someone agrees with me on Black Mamba. I had heard many people call it forceless. I have ridden most of the inverts in the US, and I like Black Mamba better than almost all of them. I found it to be very intense, and the combined theming makes it my #2 invert behind Afterburn.

This year was also my first at Phantasialand and also very impressed. It got to my nr.1 park too. Not big park, but bscly any ride is just gold <3. Definitely going again next year and still considering going there in winter too. Just would like to experience it in Dark.

This year was also my first at Phantasialand and also very impressed. It got to my nr.1 park too. Not big park, but bscly any ride is just gold <3. Definitely going again next year and still considering going there in winter too. Just would like to experience it in Dark.

If you can definitely go in the winter. It's wonderful. Taron in the dark is just amazing.

If you can definitely go in the winter. It's wonderful. Taron in the dark is just amazing.

Ahh, I just want to go so bad. I fish I had more friends willing to go though.

The only rides that come to mind as exceptions to this are the two rides in the Chinese area, Nighthawk, and Hollywood Tour. Based on rumors it seems the China area is up for some major TLC and I honestly would love to see what Phantasialand could do with Nighthawk's building (although I remember reading that they cannot demolish it because of the town?).

Phantasia reminds me of Europa in many ways not just because it does so many things right but there are some dated elements as well (the Chinese area and Nighthawk/Hollywood Tour like you said come to mind). I think Geister Rikscha is going to land on the chopping block sooner or later not just to refresh the area but hopefully do something about Colorado Adventure's weird queue placement - seriously, what's up with that?

^ Of course we can't say for certain. However the most recent rumours suggest Hollywood Tour and Temple of the Night Hawk are being removed at the end of this season (January 2018).

With regards to Colorado Adventure the rumours/speculation is that when Geister Rikscha is removed and they remodel that area, the China/Mexico transition, Colorado will receive a new entrance from the main path (around where the exit for Geister Rikscha is atm) along with new theming around the layout.

Be interesting to see what the next few years bring after Rookburgh.

With regards to Colorado Adventure the rumors/speculation is that when Geister Rikscha is removed and they remodel that area, the China/Mexico transition, Colorado will receive a new entrance from the main path (around where the exit for Geister Rikscha is atm) along with new theming around the layout.

This is something I hope is true. Colorado may be one of my favorite family coasters but with Chiapas and Tikal the theming feels very bad. I still like to ride it every time, but after F.L.Y. was announced I kind of stippled out the future like this:

1 or 2: Stripping or demolishing TotNH and HW building for new darkride.

2 or 1: Swimming pool (They announced one a few years ago.)

3 or 4: Silverado theater gone or asthmatic update.

4 or 3: Colorado and Geister gone for new family coaster.

5: China revamp (Because this would be the worst site left in the park by then.) including Ling Bao taken down (By then a new Hotel on the new ground would have been build)

6: Mystery revamp. (Better then China but Mystery Castle will then be about one of if not the oldest attraction)

7: Berlin Revamp (Old entrance bit.)

8: Fantasy revamp (Somewhere sometime the Winja's go away.)

9: Black Mamba removal (Where talking here 20 years form now.)

It's big line maybe the order wrong but sometimes I hope I'm wrong.

With regards to Colorado Adventure the rumors/speculation is that when Geister Rikscha is removed and they remodel that area, the China/Mexico transition, Colorado will receive a new entrance from the main path (around where the exit for Geister Rikscha is atm) along with new theming around the layout.

This is something I hope is true. Colorado may be one of my favorite family coasters but with Chiapas and Tikal the theming feels very bad. I still like to ride it every time, but after F.L.Y. was announced I kind of stippled out the future like this:

1 or 2: Stripping or demolishing TotNH and HW building for new darkride.

2 or 1: Swimming pool (They announced one a few years ago.)

3 or 4: Silverado theater gone or asthmatic update.

4 or 3: Colorado and Geister gone for new family coaster.

5: China revamp (Because this would be the worst site left in the park by then.) including Ling Bao taken down (By then a new Hotel on the new ground would have been build)

6: Mystery revamp. (Better then China but Mystery Castle will then be about one of if not the oldest attraction)

7: Berlin Revamp (Old entrance bit.)

8: Fantasy revamp (Somewhere sometime the Winja's go away.)

9: Black Mamba removal (Where talking here 20 years form now.)

It's big line maybe the order wrong but sometimes I hope I'm wrong.

I am not into drugs, but after reading this, I want to smoke what you are smoking. What a hillarious list Good for you to stay away from reality as far as possible!

I am not into drugs, but after reading this, I want to smoke what you are smoking. What a hillarious list Good for you to stay away from reality as far as possible!

It's called banging your head multiple times.

But seriously considering that what they've taken down the past 15 (with close detail to the last few years, them closing old outdated rides) years and their replacements and that that list is between now and 2040 and not 2025 meaning a lot of time has gone by. But it was mostly looking at a map and look at what's old what could open up land and possibilities.

For example, Silverado theater actually doesn't connect to anything left in the park (Colorado is already pretty connected to the Mexican theme.) removing it or getting with the program is logical. With Removing it and Colorado it opens up a piece of land that could be filled with a family coaster, which in turn opens up expansive possibilities for the China area which could go down like the Berlin revamp of 2010 2011.

Anyway I like to fantasize when it comes to Phantasialand and trying to keep some rational thought behind it (Just a little though. ).

I don't disagree with Sliverado Theatre going.

However the park have only just opened a family coaster and they've spent a lot of money on Colorado Adventure in recent years, so it isn't going anywhere anytime soon. CA's track was repainted, the wooden parts renewed and I believe they actually rebuilt a support to fit Chiapas in (which must have been costly) in 2014. For 2016 CA's trains received new chassis and wheels. And ever since Chiapas' construction there has been talk of new theming around the layout (Tikal was a start at Mexican theming).

We've just seen how they've transformed River Quest In phases over a number of years, so I'm certain Colorado Adventure will receive similar treatment - perhaps the technical refurbs it's already received are the first phases of it.

With regards to the future of the China Town area in the your other post. I find it highly unlikely they'd demolish the entire area + hotel. The hotel planned for the expansion is meant to be the 3rd one as the park moves towards its desired resort status not a replacement hotel.

The park have great pride in the China Town area - it's the largest collection of Chinese buildings in the world outside of China itself, and the owners received Chinese cultural medals for creating it. Certainly the area will be refurbished/refreshed just like Berlin, Mexico and Mystery were. Phantasialand seem to be working through each area to refurbish them. Currently it is Fantasy's turn with the refurbished and new theming around the lake and Wakobato this year, Rookburgh next year and potentially something new on Hollywood Tour and Temple of the Night Hawk's site. I imagine we will see other theming improvements in this area in the next few years (Winjas queueline please). Once Fantasy is complete I'd bet good money on it being China and Geister Rikscha's turn.

I agree with the sentiment that WInjas' queue needs remodeling. Not only goes half the queue unused since they stopped splitting it but the signs in the loading bay are misleading as to which side is which. I thought I was going on Force since what I thought was Fear was temporarily closed but it actually turned out to be Fear (the announcer in the elevator and the layout confirmed this).

Thought about sharing some pics I took when I visited back in June (thought I was gonna do a trip report but I don't think I had enough good pics for that).

IMG_0757.thumb.JPG.71bf5f7fce757bc40c3b6d1c7beb2dd2.JPG

The empty streets of Berlin at early morning

IMG_0758.thumb.JPG.1c69c3d89a952ea60253e1a2818fb508.JPG

50th anniversary banner

IMG_0759.thumb.JPG.a642f94580800201ae8f00f077638ccb.JPG

Chiapas' beautiful area. Probably the most impressive in the whole park

IMG_0760.thumb.JPG.68d7a39098370057f1d6a3ed391b8281.JPG

The spectacular Klugheim

IMG_0761.thumb.JPG.0f6421c8dcd769255942e988ca9b5e7e.JPG

No matter where you stand in the area you're always close to Taron. It's massive, and also my new #1 (sorry, Helix)

IMG_0762.thumb.JPG.ffb5720ef62133347016eba824d84594.JPG

Klugheim sign

IMG_0763.thumb.JPG.6b0a6475b3889c92fbd999c505a44fa6.JPG

Taron entry. Queue doesn't open until 10

IMG_0767.thumb.JPG.592e25a26559749252bd1a89a28a986f.JPG

Black Mamba, my first B&M invert

IMG_0768.thumb.JPG.4f0f993f36634f8d13d0acde0a478675.JPG

It was fun, but no top 10 material. The surrounding area is very immersive though

IMG_0771.thumb.JPG.970b994a282e4bd1b343eb9817006d86.JPG

Chiapas is probably my favorite non-coaster ride out there. Easily the greatest flume I've been on

IMG_0774.thumb.JPG.fe11c5eb4c0c772da2bb142ee5156e16.JPG

Taron's line was super long all day. Over 90 minutes :(

IMG_0777.thumb.JPG.c10f0b0e2507d8efc85294e2082c8b45.JPG

Maus Au Chocolat. Better than I expected given my distaste for Toy Story Mania

IMG_0778.thumb.JPG.8c79e382446d92526d8cdc9f7ae231e2.JPG

The Rookburgh sign (this was the week before they announced FLY)

IMG_0779.thumb.JPG.789296be43a127417213399b24b51745.JPG

Wuze Town

IMG_0781.thumb.JPG.6501d66300da974a95a2f8ccee86f469.JPG

Peek behind the curtain at Winjas Force. Both Winjas were very fun. Tight and inventive

IMG_0782.thumb.JPG.b82e224564bf8670906551de8c2ab26e.JPG

Temple of the Night Hawk was okay

IMG_0784.thumb.JPG.b70757bfe028a2af9784d697e9a2f9e8.JPG

Mystery Castle. Pretty creative drop tower. I recommend going late in the day (after 2 P.M) since they do longer cycles then

IMG_0785.thumb.JPG.90f8ac6817091e1b8e58ea8fe93ee4e3.JPG

Einstein has seen better days

IMG_0786.thumb.JPG.70de218a86b5ab4f7e2797bcff0f0757.JPG

Taron's train

IMG_0793.thumb.JPG.ef04dca08bade23aacddd4a40270a176.JPG

Chiapas at sunset. Can't gush over this ride enough

IMG_0794.thumb.JPG.11856165956a4d3afdd96c615372b0ad.JPG

The park extends opening times when it's crowded. On Thursday they extended it by a half hour. On Friday by a full hour

IMG_0795.thumb.JPG.2dcb492c45b64ff529523a8b7e377808.JPG

Some lines fluxuated wildly all day. Sometimes they were really long, sometimes they were almost walk-ons. The only consistently long ones were Taron, Raik and Winjas

IMG_0798.thumb.JPG.a21a91eee40f94ece9b3cc17c2bb2bfe.JPG

Berlin at closing time

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...