TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Phantasialand Discussion Thread

^

Thanks for taking the time post all of the awesome pictures!

I can't wait until I get a chance to this awesome coaster!

I just came back from the public opening event

Awesome coaster! It was my first ever B&M, so i have no comparison...

Some people say it's better than Nemesis, others say it's not as good as Nemmy, but everyone agrees that it's a agreat coaster overall!

I like the far left seat in the last row the most, the forces are crazy in that seat.

And i think you won't get bored while queing, the queue is right in the centre of the action. The train flys by above, underneath and beside you all the time thus you have a great view of the coaster and a lot of good opportunities to take some pictures.

The station is also absolutely great looking!

Btw, a better onride video than those two onrides on youtube are coming in the next days, stay tuned

And a very short offride clip (3mb, first drop and a helix can be seen

)

The ride looks AWSOME!!! I noticed Mamba doesn't have a Zero Car.... That's weird

joris.tweakdsl.nl/blackmamba/Pre%20opening%20Blackmamba%20106.jpg

You can clearly see in this picture that it has a zero car.

Colin C

Hmmm..... You can clearly see by this picture that it does NOT have a zero car...

bmpo017.jpg.3e098f1e44dbf60e50e2fa1ba4eece7f.jpg

If you mean zero-car like Alpengeist, then no, it doesn't, but then Alpie is the only one with a zero-car.

If you mean a zero-car like every other B&M, yes it does. Zero cars can twist to the side (like in that photo you posted), but not up and down or horizontally to the side. Not sure if that makes any sense, but that's the case on every other inverter.

Some people say it's better than Nemesis, others say it's not as good as Nemmy, but everyone agrees that it's a agreat coaster overall!

Thats good to hear, I thought this was going to turn into a Nemesis bashing thread.

This coaster does look pretty damn cool, the theming is on par with Disney.

This coaster and Nemesis are prime examples of why I think IMO B&M are better than Intamin.

-Martyn

If you mean zero-car like Alpengeist, then no, it doesn't, but then Alpie is the only one with a zero-car.

If you mean a zero-car like every other B&M, yes it does. Zero cars can twist to the side (like in that photo you posted), but not up and down or horizontally to the side. Not sure if that makes any sense, but that's the case on every other inverter.

We covered this awhile ago. The first car is the zero car in all invert cases minus Alpie.

I like the far left seat in the last row the most, the forces are crazy in that seat.

That's actually pretty common for B&M's for some reason, especially the inverts. Last row, left edge. I'm not sure why, do all the zero-G rolls rotate the same way?

Anybody know?

We covered this awhile ago. The first car is the zero car in all invert cases minus Alpie.

Well, yea I know that the first two cars of all B&M trains only articulate rotationally. but as far as I knew, the term 'zero-car' meant the first car with no seats, ala Alpengeist, which is the only one with it.

What would be the puppose of pointing out that Black Mamba has a zero-car, if one is refering to the design style that all B&M inverts have?