TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Phantasialand Discussion Thread

^ I did the same thing, and I was pretty annoyed. I woke up early and queued up to get on the rides for opening, entered the park, only to see you could not enter any of the areas really, and had to wait outside the rides until 9.30 for smaller rides, and 10 for all the big rides to open. By that point, there are massive queues. I am not quite sure why they do it, probably to control the flow of people, but it was still quite a disappointment. No chance of getting in first, running to Taron and getting two quick rides before the queue gets big.

However, I would arrive my half nine, and queue up, as as soon as the rides open, there is a half an hour queue, or an hour for Taron or more. This is from my experience. See the picture me next to the Black Mamba queue.

IMG_5155.thumb.JPG.6c3906e039be2631c3f8eed56db79c4f.JPG

Hey I'm planning to hit the park with a group of friends on a week day the 2nd or 3rd week of June. Which day would be the best to visit? (Monday, tuesday etc.) Moreover, is it essential to be there at 9 or is 10 am also fine? Seeing how the rides open at 10. Where not staying at the hotel so no ert for us. So we should start with taron and make our way to winjas after? What's a good strategy? I visited the park over 10 years ago and it was completely dead so, where hoping that the crowds'll be as minimum as possible this time as well...

The park opens at 9. Most rides open at 10. Typically Maus au Chocolat opens at 9.30. If the park is busy they will open other attractions early - especially Taron.

If you are going on a quiet day then yeah there's no need to go at 9 unless you want to spend some time looking around the park before ride opening.

The park opens at 9. Most rides open at 10. Typically Maus au Chocolat opens at 9.30. If the park is busy they will open other attractions early - especially Taron.

If you are going on a quiet day then yeah there's no need to go at 9 unless you want to spend some time looking around the park before ride opening.

I would not rely on this. When I went, the park was packed, and they did not open anything early. Maus au Chocolat was opened at 10. What I would do is instantly hit up Taron, then go around to Winjas in the morning and ride both sides. If busy the queue is about 20 mins to 30 mins in the morning, but after that you could be looking at 60-70 minutes in the afternoon. Instantly after opening, Taron is 60 minutes, even on a Monday (during the holidays), and then just goes up to about 70 minutes for the rest of the day.

Black mamba stays around 20 minutes all the time, and the queue moves at walking pace, and it is a really nice queue, so wait till the afternoon to do that. Maus au Chocolat should not get too busy, but it takes a while for people to realize it exists, as in the morning it had a very small queue. No longer than 30 minutes the whole time I was there.

I'll be doing single rider on Taron, Raik and Chiapas so I shouldn't have to worry about lines too much. Should the lines for some reason get too long for the rest I'll get a quickpass.

I'll still be there at 9 since even if the rides won't be open I still want to see the park since it's my first time going.

The single rider at the park is really effective on the rides that offer it. Also, on the rides that do not, once you get off, linger in the station a little, and if you instantly see a group of three, jump in.

Are you seriously suggesting to someone to break park rules by "jumping in an empty seat???"

I'm also sure the park staff doesn't want you "lingering in the station" either.

And if I personally was at a ride WITHOUT a single rider line either on my own or a group of three, I would find it incredibly RUDE for some random person who wasn't assigned to that seat to just "jump in." What if that group of three was trying to get a nice onride photo of the group together?

Seriously, your posts are normally stupid enough on their own. But this one? I really should ban you for it and finally be rid of you from the forums. Why I don't, I'm really not sure. Maybe I'm being "nice" today...

Edited by robbalvey

^ Aww. Thanks and sorry. I was told this tip from another person on the forums, so I was just passing it on, as I did not know it broke park rules.

EDIT: This was from the Cedar point thread:

^I was going to add the hint of looking for empty seats when your ride is over... but I know CP isn't always OK with re-rides.

The Re-ride skill: some people are good at it; some will never learn - even the hard way; and some have to be trained. Every man, woman and goat for themselves! Every time an empty seat goes out, a kitten dies.

That is one thing that Six Flags is very good about. In fact, they encourage it most of the time.

#1 rule of holes.

"when you find yourself in one? Stop digging"

(and my 2cents on re-rides for single riders. . . I get back in line, and then ASK another single rider if I can share the seat with them. . . never had an issue being allowed to move up in the line to get in the seat with a single rider. . but as noted, I get back in the line from the front of the line).

^ Aww. Thanks and sorry. I was told this tip from another person on the forums, so I was just passing it on, as I did not know it broke park rules.

EDIT: This was from the Cedar point thread:

^I was going to add the hint of looking for empty seats when your ride is over... but I know CP isn't always OK with re-rides.

The Re-ride skill: some people are good at it; some will never learn - even the hard way; and some have to be trained. Every man, woman and goat for themselves! Every time an empty seat goes out, a kitten dies.

That is one thing that Six Flags is very good about. In fact, they encourage it most of the time.

Have you ever heard the saying "two wrongs don't make a right?" No, of course not because you're a moron. Banned for a week.

I'll be doing single rider on Taron, Raik and Chiapas so I shouldn't have to worry about lines too much. Should the lines for some reason get too long for the rest I'll get a quickpass.

I'll still be there at 9 since even if the rides won't be open I still want to see the park since it's my first time going.

The Quick Pass in Phantasialand can't be used on Taron or Raik.

An overview of the rides that do allow it can be found on the website here: http://www.phantasialand.de/en/park/be-our-guest-information/service/quick-pass/

An overview of the rides that do allow it can be found on the website here: http://www.phantasialand.de/en/park/be-our-guest-information/service/quick-pass/

I'm aware of that, that's why I said I'd be looking at Quick Pass for the rides that don't use single rider. I'm looking at Winjas the most since I hear the lines can get very slow.

I'm aware of that, that's why I said I'd be looking at Quick Pass for the rides that don't use single rider. I'm looking at Winjas the most since I hear the lines can get very slow.

Ah, my bad.

Winja's definitely is a good choice, it's one of the most boring queue lines of the park and they can indeed get quite long.

Do you think this will be for 2018? And B&M, I'm assuming?? After riding Flyjng Dinosaur, I'm just thinking "Woah" at the potential for insane themed interactions on this

Word on the street so to speak is this will be vekoma rather than B&M and is in fact what that weird prototype system they've had at the Vekoma factory for ages is for. Obviously this isn't confirmed by the park yet but seems plausible to me at least.

Do you think this will be for 2018? And B&M, I'm assuming?? After riding Flyjng Dinosaur, I'm just thinking "Woah" at the potential for insane themed interactions on this

Word on the street so to speak is this will be vekoma rather than B&M and is in fact what that weird prototype system they've had at the Vekoma factory for ages is for. Obviously this isn't confirmed by the park yet but seems plausible to me at least.

I'm not exactly thrilled by that. But I need to go to Phantasialand regardless, so good luck Vekoma!

RIP Temple of the Nighthawk and Hollywood tour? Anybody thinking the same?

This is unexpected great news, the last 24 hours where great for European enthousiast if you ask me. Really like the generic name, the dots make me think about an acronym for something we learn in the rides story. Phantasialand is on a roll First Taron and Riak now this. Has somebody checked German banks because I wonder where they keep getting the money from.

Wow this looks awesome! A steampunk themed flyer will be amazing! The image at the end of the video has a rider with a Vekoma vest. I'm really excited for Vekoma especially seeing what they're capable now with Lech Coaster this should be great as well.

69a05f7900aaab8db2d8504808d372fa.png

Phantasialand is on a roll First Taron and Riak now this.

Don't forget Black Mamba, Talocan, Wakobato, Maus au Chocolat, Wellenflug and Chiapas. All these rides opened in the past 10 years, that's just insane!