TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Phantasialand Discussion Thread

^ I wondered that about River Quest, when I saw that "sign" in the photo. That's great! It's such a cool and unique "raft ride."

I would love to see an overhead shot of all of this, so as to see where the (new?) River Quest entry queue goes.

^ I wondered that about River Quest, when I saw that "sign" in the photo. That's great! It's such a cool and unique "raft ride."

I would love to see an overhead shot of all of this, so as to see where the (new?) River Quest entry queue goes.

The new queue goes in through the hole in the building which used to be for the Phantasialand Jet (Monorail). Over a new bridge under the second drop and then it connects to the existing staircase in the building which the original queue passes. The queue just goes down the stairs and then it takes the route of the original queue.- hope that makes sense!

The park have been retheming River Quest to make it fit in with Klugheim so it makes sense that it now is accessed from the Klugheim area rather than as previously entered from the China Town square.

Rookburgh Announced

The park has announced on Facebook a new steampunk themed world called Rookburgh. While the park haven't officially given a year yet considering they are now advertising it and groundwork has been well underway for months now it is most likely that this will be for 2018.

The construction site fence has been covered with the concept art/teaser image below.

"Here a worldwide unique project is being created for you!

Discover a new dimension of the interplay between themed world, attraction and experience by day and night"

No word yet on what attractions will be inside.

FB_IMG_1490978889423.thumb.jpg.cfe79afd09ab4a2ca84f39a3616728e2.jpg

Edited by CSLKennyNI

So the park opened today for the summer season.

There is a new stall in Klugheim called the Humpenbude and it sells cool beer from the keg and soft drinks.

River Quest's tunnel and lifts have received new audio. And in the tunnel are some water effects in the form of fountains alongside the side of the trough.

17629674_1949985415288268_8835454448927034456_n.jpg?oh=7b75b5e8d0530187996789e78f85e918&oe=5965ED36

The new River Quest entrance is not yet in use as the internal work isn't finished yet.

Also rumour has it that the sailing boat in the River Quest basin used to be Herr Loffelhardt's (the park's owner) private boat in Lake Konstanz in south Germany.

Phantasialand's final video in their Mission Off-Season series is a look at the new River Quest. Some good shots and drone footage in the video.

I'm looking forward to it seeing for myself in a few weeks!!!

[fbvideonew]

[/fbvideonew]

New for any fans of Hollywood Tour!

The ride's famous/infamous witch animatronic from the Wizard of Oz scene which looked horrible and a lot like a man is no more.

Image source: Chuck/cfc's Trip Report - http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1728868#p1728868

In the off season the park replaced the head with a female one. The new figure is now not an animatronic but a static figure.

Image source: PhantaFriends.de

8e7458c4c98455270127c4b9a9a9aae8.jpg

Shame to lose what was a highlight of the ride but also nice that the park made some effort to go back improve a part of an older ride. Although the fact it is a cheap dummy rather than a new animatronic can be seen as evidence that the ride may not be around much longer...

After all the park seem to be at the moment seem to starting new projects every two years (Maus - 2010, Chiapas - 2012, Klugheim - 2014, Rookburgh - 2016). Of course they don't need to continue this pattern, they might add something which doesn't require demolishing an existing ride or a hotel or simply take a year off - it amazes me how they consistently are spending a lot of money on large projects (Klugheim cost in the region of 70 million euro and Rookburgh apparently will cost more!!!)

However if the pattern continues that would mean this could be the last season for either Geister Rikscha, or Hollywood Tour + Temple of the Nighthawk.

Temple of the Nighthawk apparently has a small cult following and one of the fans is so worried about the coaster's potential - or should I say imminent - removal he has started a petition to save it. 154 signatures so far...

https://www.change.org/p/phantasialand-schmidt-l%C3%B6ffelhardt-gmbh-co-kg-phantasialand-f%C3%BCr-den-erhalt-von-temple-of-the-night-hawk-hollywood-tour-627eef26-5196-422e-a97d-96ac0cce6b85

^ Very interesting to see. I will be there a week tomorrow and am glad I will be able to ride TOTN even if it is just completely dark. Strange rides where no clear on ride POV's interest me, so I would be sad to see it go without riding it, but I am sure after riding it will not feel the same...in all senses of the word. Bring on Vekoma! It is a large plot of land though and it is nice to see the park evolve.

Okay don't want to spread anything but... I just read on a news site, which has been known to hit the nails on news like this, that Rookburgh's main attraction is indeed a coaster (Flying coaster from Vekoma). Keep in mind the park will not confirm this anytime soon so this is a rumor.

But it does make you think if they indeed place a coaster, so close after adding two, near the Night Hawk it seems pretty clear the next step is the removal of the ride.

Again this is nothing but a rumor, but I do see it as merit.

Okay don't want to spread anything but... I just read on a news site, which has been known to hit the nails on news like this, that Rookburgh's main attraction is indeed a coaster (Flying coaster from Vekoma). Keep in mind the park will not confirm this anytime soon so this is a rumor.

But it does make you think if they indeed place a coaster, so close after adding two, near the Night Hawk it seems pretty clear the next step is the removal of the ride.

Again this is nothing but a rumor, but I do see it as merit.

hmmmmm

I don't know I've always been very much against thinking this would be a rollercoaster, as are most of the local park fan forums - the park didn't build any rollercoasters for 10 years and then put two in! They would hardly put another in?

I assume the source you refer to is Looopings (http://www.looopings.nl/weblog/7351/Nieuwe-attractie-Phantasialand-wordt-spectaculaire-flying-coaster.html) - I'm not sure if I trust them, not a fan, but then they did break the River Quest refurb news first while Klugheim was under construction.

They could just be speculating that since we don't know what the Vekoma prototype Flying coaster thing being worked on at Vlodrop is that it could be for Phantasialand as that is also a mystery project.

Many people, if not the majority of the PhantaFriends forum, don't think this will be a coaster because they've just added two! And that was after a 10 years with no coasters because it isn't a coaster park.

Also early during these projects all sorts of rumours fly around - When they started Taron all the forums were sharing a rumour that it would have Skyrush trains and a drop track like Thirteen.

But then it could be possible because

- If is more dark ride than rollercoaster perhaps then I could see it.

- Phantasialand worked a two ride deal with Intamin for Chiapas (2014) and then Taron (2016). Perhaps this was another deal with Vekoma for Raik (2016) and the new ride for 2018.

- The park's teaser for Rookburgh mentions the area is in use both day and night, if that does refer to the dinner show Fantissima moving that means most likely Hollywood Tour and Temple of the Nighthawk are next to be demolished perhaps the park putting in a replacement indoor coaster to replace it.

- The Rookburgh teaser said it would be unique in the world.

- The Rookburgh concept art and the wall blocking the view from Wurmling Express both have Zeppelins on them - suggesting flight plays a role - Flying Coaster? Also in the concept art on one of the buildings it says 'Air rail' perhaps also a hint at a Flying Coaster....

Not sure what to think... Well only time will tell.

The distance of time between the last pair of coasters shouldn't be a factor. Parks add new coasters whenever they want, and if Phantasia thinks another coaster will serve the park, especially one that adds something their existing line-up does not, they will do it.

I have a question regarding Mystery Castle (nice ride). What happens during a long cycle. I think I only got the short one, and I tried 4 times. Every time, the same sequence happened:

Small launch

Back to ground

Big launch

Held at top

Freefall

Bounce

Back to ground

Is that the long or short cycle, and what happens in the other cycle?

Also, Talocan is not looking good. It was broken yesterday, and has scaffolding erected around the right arm.

That's the long cycle and it has the extra dialogue bit when it returns to the ground after the first launch. The short cycle just goes straight to the big launch and hold at the top.

Unless it's changed, it's usually the short cycle until around 2pm then its the long cycle for the rest of the day.