TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Phantasialand Discussion Thread

• 2 weeks later...

ROOKBURGH

Phantasialand have applied to copyright the name: Rookburgh.

Could this be the name of the new area/attraction currently being built on the site of Race for Atlantis?

However the name does sound very Klugheim-ish/Medieval so some on the forum PhantaFriends are suggesting two things:

1. River Quest might be renamed as part of its Klugheim retheme.

2. A Klugheim themed hotel with possible sites being the land the park own behind Kaiserplatz and the temporary plant wall in Klugheim, or on part of the mystery car park - for the 2017 the park has built behind Ling Bao a massive dedicated area for parking buses which would free up some space on the current car parks.

Or it could be be something else entirely!

Hopefully some more details will come soon or when the park opens next month.

http://euipo.europa.eu/eSearch/#details/owners/144666

From Phantasialand's Facebook page.

They posted this photograph along with a caption saying their off season mission to make their finished attractions even more finished is underway.

Seems Chiapas is also getting some new theming work.

Together with the last phase of the River Quest's retheme/refurbishment, the second phase of redoing the rockwork around Black Mamba, additional theming in Klugheim and construction for 2018 they are certainly busy this off season.

17015942_1373522486020245_7887297758991975066_o.thumb.jpg.27a78c259eca0491020795a84796f1cc.jpg

https://freizeitparknewsnrw.de/news...ys-phantasialand-feiert-seinen-50-geburtstag/

To mark the park's 50th birthday Phantasialand will have 4 celebration days in the summer. For 4 Saturdays, 2 in July and 2 in August, the park will be open from 9am to midnight! With extra entertainment and a fireworks display each night.

Update from Phantasialand on the new theming of RiverQuest (quite sure that name will stay).

I agree there. I doubt they'd keep referring to it as River Quest in these blog posts if that wasn't going to be it's name when it reopens in April. River Quest is also rather well known a name change might confuse people.

Accident occured earlier today on Winjas, not sure which track. He was maintaining the track and I believe was struck by a car, all sources I have found have been really unclear however this is from @kirmes_entertainment on Instagram.

Related article I found:

www.general-anzeiger-bonn.de/ga-english/58-year-old-dies-in-accident-at-Phantasialand-article3508480.html

^ Oh no. My thoughts are with his family. Always sad to hear of a death, especially when it's at a theme park.

Agreed, just found out more details, he was crushed to death by an elevator. Haven't got a written source but its probably on like Kirmes.

• 2 weeks later...

More off-season updates from their Facebook Page:

Chiapas recieved a new entrance portal!

67115878_ChiapasEingang.thumb.jpg.160a31628ee82c6ba1850d1b17a24522.jpg

More rockwork in the Africa area

1794148203_MoreRockwork.jpg.c69355a239f7a5472ee46cd2de1f3d85.jpg

And a new transition between the Chiapas area and Talocan; there was a dead end until now

1526003998_Newtransitionbetweentalocanandchiapas.thumb.jpg.7f473fc4317b1f400de6fabc651cd8ef.jpg

And I don't really know why, but they added a boat to river quests theming.

17435928_1394460240593136_148434424454347792_o.thumb.jpg.a8c0c052b81eb220e53b9479bf6eace2.jpg

This improvement to themeing is exactly why I chose this park to be the one I visit in April. I can hardly name any parks which put so much effort into such amazing and exquisite detail to the park, never mind one which every year keeps adding and adding to the rides to make them better! Every park I have been to before seems to make a ride, then think they are done. Maybe a re-theme, but mostly everything is left to loose color, effects become outdated or brake, and a thin to thick layer of mold covers everything. This park looks to take amazing care over all rides, which is amazing to see.

As I will be visiting during the Easter holidays (during the week) I expect it will be busy on my visit. I am saving Taron for the evening ERT, so what ride should I head to first and second upon opening to reduce my queues?

As I will be visiting during the Easter holidays (during the week) I expect it will be busy on my visit. I am saving Taron for the evening ERT, so what ride should I head to first and second upon opening to reduce my queues?

I'd head to either Chiapas (if the weather is good) or the Winja's first, as the queues really fill up fast when the park gets crowded. Advantage of doing both Winja's first is that you'll be pretty much done with that area of the park for quite a while....Temple of the Night Hawk and (especially) Hollywood Tour are often walk-ons. Personally my first rides would be Winja's Fear & Force, Chiapas and Black Mamba, in that order.

Here are some more pictures of some more awesome themeing going into this park. Stunned yet again.

These were found on the Facebook page.

IMG_4815.thumb.JPG.5053c90c0f8abb205d415694d513fea2.JPG

A new gate going up.

IMG_4816.thumb.JPG.ea6d2fdfe9ac4d979525d828307ae640.JPG

A magical area becoming even more special.

IMG_4817.thumb.JPG.a900c897efe3164f5d6cfef8037f4ead.JPG

Workers in the rain.

IMG_4818.thumb.JPG.cd59525a059db72cf0f666ce899a67d6.JPG

And finished! This looks great.