TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Phantasialand Discussion Thread

That ride experience is going to be awesome when it opens.

If someone else can confirm my observation, but in those pics, didn't the entry sign say it will open May 24, 2006? (Looks like alot of theme-construction work left).

2-If you notice on one of the pics from that site, the first chassis (car1) has the wheel coverings installed. I don't believe they want to put ALL of them on yet assuming they are putting the hours on the trains/ride and they want to visually inspect the wheels to see if any issues are present (ie-minor gaps in the track will leave markings on the wheel material).

Do we now have a new beast to contend with Nemesis now? Hmmmm.....

If someone else can confirm my observation, but in those pics, didn't the entry sign say it will open May 24, 2006? (Looks like alot of theme-construction work left).

Yes, it does. It also says that on the official website from Deep in Africa and on the previous page of this topic.

That Black Mamba is opening that soon saved my day after seeing those Tatsu shots which made me cry. I live about 1 hour away from Phantasialand and the only time i had the chance to get to SFMM last autum i saw thatz picture at the bottom .

Well what i'd like to know is what do you think about auctioning the pre rides. Is it worth to pay more than 60$ just to ride a Coaster like Black Mamba a day earlier ? Well i have school those days anyway and wont be stupid enough to go there on the 25. oder 26. (holiday). But the next week i am definitly going to ride yiha

051014_115429.jpg.9629b8198b200d5466550726f116d9dc.jpg

http://www.blackmamba.phantasialand-bruehl.de/derbau/baubilder/2006/Mai_2006.html

A very big construction overview (quite from the beginning on) here:

http://www.blackmamba.phantasialand-bruehl.de/derbau/baubilder.html

One could assume hopefully, that both the month's names as well as the outrageous complicated german year's numbering will be understood by at least some international viewers.

I can't help but get the feeling that if someone told Black Mamba about Expedition:Everest, it would have to try really hard to stop from laughing at it.

Black Mamba: "They spent how much on a scenic Vekoma?"

But that's just my opinion....I could be wrong.

^ Thank You for Our Daily Dose.

It's looking like Black Mamba wasn't even there to begin with. Which of course, is all part of it's charm, heh heh heh.

Thanks for linking to the new pix.

New photos and even some airplane shoots can be found here:

onride.de

Only 5 days left before the public can finally ride the snake.

On the photos you see that construction now is in its final spurt. All the buildings are almost finished. Last thing to do will be hoisting a 100-year-old oak into the village to give it its final patch.

Slowly the hype begins over here in Germany. Newspaper articles accumulate. The project manager is pretty confident and praises the ride as globally unique. He even claims that, besides Phantasialand, only Disney and Universal put so much effort into theming and detail (well, you can argue that).

Even the biggest tv-station in Germany, RTL, will report live from the opening ceremony in its local program.

Well, you cannot accuse Phantasialand of not properly advertising their ride, can you?

AWESOME photo's!!!!!!!!!

With each new post, it just gets better and better. My wife was born in Germany and she has to translate the wording from the site..lol

I'm going to say it again, but I really think there will be a great debate on which is better (ride/theme) Nemisis or Black Mamba (?)

I had no idea how much of a small footprint the ride area/location was. THe arial photo's certainly put that into perspective. WOW! Talk about an engineering nightmare to calculate the ride parameters along with the theming..lol