TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Phantasialand Discussion Thread

I'm gobsmacked that people are underwhelmed by that POV... Seeing the construction it was never going to have the record for amount of airtime, but to be furiously weaving under, over, in and out of a medieval village looks like insane fun! Just different to the fun an Intamin hyper/accelerator or Maverick might provide. #havealwayslovedswoopingturns

Swooping turns are one of the random things in coasters that are so awesome. Terrain hugging turns, Maverick's big iconic water-spraying turn after the launch, etc are one of my favorite things in coasters. Plus the pacing looks fantastic and it doesn't look exactly devoid of airtime either.

I kind of feel bad for Raik for being overshadowed by Taron.

The whole area looks amazing, great to see an area in which any moment a train might burst through the building, having it go over and under you or really close by. Can't wait to just find any bench in that area or a rock and just sit and enjoy myself.

Raik does look like a really cool shuttle coaster.

I just returned from the Klugheim and Taron Pre Operning yesterday. The new themed area looks absolutely stunning and no question about it: Taron is a star in it's own right. After the first launch (which packs quite a punch) it's a nice speedy ride through tunnels and trenches but after the second one the coaster becomes an untamed beast with ejector airtime and insane turns and twists. The train design is no less than amazing and the soundtrack adds to the whole experience. But what distinguishes Taron from all coasters you possibly could find in the US is how close you can get to the ride - and how close it can get to you. When you are on the ride, there is constantly another train zooming by you and if you prefer to watch, you can almost give rides a high five. Taron is one of the best coasters worldwide and for me - personally - as I am a great fan of launched coasters, it's Germany's new #1. Lucky me, it's just a 20 minutes drive from home.

DSC_2579.thumb.jpg.54a88e3fe60568d152251c53f528af93.jpg

Welcome to Klugheim ...

DSC_2490.thumb.jpg.57370b30ea44b2a6945fed262530adb3.jpg

... and welcome to Taron

DSC_2456.thumb.jpg.2ce7065dc957067dff0e0160663a1500.jpg

A place where you can find some very friendly inhabitants

DSC_2573.thumb.jpg.936803d3bf2348f999c47b0360c9c145.jpg

Where you are reminded to open the door to luck, when it knocks

DSC_2586.thumb.jpg.91413b838650f50bc091572546a9724b.jpg

Where you wonder, where the 9 missing bottles could be

DSC_2566.thumb.jpg.6973ef36da4a5bd491e5dd775ba73ac8.jpg

Okay, now I know

DSC_2651.thumb.jpg.e3eaaa21e621e3c5cc68f5f9f0bcdf7c.jpg

Where they have a really old school kind of PhotoPass+

DSC_2655.thumb.jpg.3f618e06b31812f8c0a23cd6186de134.jpg

Where everything is so nicely themed, you think you are at Disney

DSC_2599.thumb.jpg.c5af23294fc388de38481b86fbd8ec37.jpg

Infidel! Stop babbling! Bring on some taron photos now!

DSC_2759.thumb.jpg.330972c84e868160b001482614fa12ba.jpg

Okay okay ... I see tracks ... And a waterfall

DSC_2768.thumb.jpg.bec3365f6b8589d8455c1faca4ca1dca.jpg

But where is the train?

DSC_2739.thumb.jpg.34b08479d0838cd6b4d1bd50b334deb8.jpg

Ah, there it is. Rather fast!

DSC_2616.thumb.jpg.e94bfe8f721f913a5d620127a4cff13c.jpg

Ah, that's more like it.

DSC_2635.thumb.jpg.e09ef9e709ff36430f01c19b885d7708.jpg

One of the twisty turns I told you about

DSC_2536.thumb.jpg.68953cdca9ffa78c58fa2b7efa4495ec.jpg

And as it turns out: more turns!

DSC_2632.thumb.jpg.41fc59257823aa9d82074713dd0d38d6.jpg

No good ride without bunny hops

DSC_2839.thumb.jpg.5b7457155fa912d7c4dbcc29b27c585a.jpg

The entrance of "Raik", standing in the shadow of his taller brother. Poor Raik.

DSC_2644.thumb.jpg.a8f0961a89a9e8c932dfb75fe1355e2a.jpg

A mix of fun and fear on people's faces is always a good sign

The pre opening took place quite late in the evening, so for the shot's you've seen so far the light was less than ideal. But as soon the sun went down, the whole area looked even more amazing.

DSC_2752.thumb.jpg.2936f6d068e491c059c3ec388545b968.jpg

The track and rockwork is lit beautifully at night

DSC_2768.thumb.jpg.bec3365f6b8589d8455c1faca4ca1dca.jpg

But where is the train?

DSC_2777.thumb.jpg.88bdb40d5ef34ee42f9562e9174ce0f8.jpg

Tracks, tracks and even more tracks.

DSC_2820.thumb.jpg.813bc8cd89aa33874f28e11b33475404.jpg

When it comes to twisted tracks - Taron is where you will find it

DSC_2824.thumb.jpg.640b91f62b908b5a5ed0e6eb34167c42.jpg

I guess you'll see more pictures taken from this spot in the near future

DSC_2826.thumb.jpg.47bda8c394a1cbb5d2d77c5ae13aba31.jpg

The nightly Klugheim area with the tower of mystery castle in the background

DSC_2851.thumb.jpg.5ea8ccf7b04151d0a6241d3363c21421.jpg

The inside of the themed restaurant

DSC_2478.thumb.jpg.54ce779d64c6e68ab1653496bdc9cef7.jpg

Thank you all for reading! Come and see Klugheim soon!

DSC_2768.thumb.jpg.095ef43a233fad89ebdef95733230af0.jpg

As is the waterfall area

Edited by robbalvey

Taron looks great, like a lot of fun, and of course, Phantasialand looks absolutely fabulous!

Having said that, while many were stating that this was their #1 anticipated coaster of this year, I must confess that I would put it solidly in third place for me personally, behind Wildfire, and Lightning Rod, after seeing the POVs of all three. I also highly anticipated Storm Chaser, and that certainly lived up to the hype for me, and I don't feel like Taron looks better than that - at least to me. However, I would like to see a POV from the higher, seated position (if one was linked to above, I'll check it out later, as where I'm at right now I can't access anything on Facebook), because I think that might give me a better "feel" for the ride. Don't get me wrong, it looks really fun! And the themeing is a HUGE win! I guess I'm just still more into the look of the RMC wooden coaster experience than an Intamin twisty one... Please spare me your torches and pitchforks!

I think this is a unique case, because the site is so complex and compact, it was tough to get a sense of the true layout/elements unless you really studied it. I didn't, and I was under the impression it had more twisting airtime hills when it really had more flowing turns. That style of ride won't appeal to everyone.

I do like that the second half appears more intense than the first. That should help the pacing. Like I said, looking forward to it, but just surprised by how the ride style ended up when compared to the construction pics and hype.

Intamin turns have pops of air time during the directional changes.

I love this picture. It shows how much detail that has gone into it. I mean, you can see that some supports are enclosed in what looks like an indigenous Klughelm hut on the pathway so the nessicary supports on the ride do not take away from the experience but instead makes it better! Love it.

image.jpeg.7ebfa536cf2fb73f1fed608e08fb25ba.jpeg

Awesome!

@multimueller: Have you also ridden Raik an how does it hold up as a Family ride? Really curious about that.

I've also rode it twice, one time in the second car, one time backseat. It's an okea ride. For a junior/family it's a very fast ride! The lift goes up quite high, the turn after the station gives some nice g's and the tunnel is very veyr fast on the first pass. The ride doesn't go up high at all, which feels weird. The backrun is also nice because 1/2 is very low to the ground.

The onlyt problem I did have with the ride are the restrains. There are your typical new style kiddie restrains from Vekoma, but they feel different. They are very uncomfortable for taller people (say 1.80-1.85) because of the way to fall onto your lap. They are positioned to the middle of your upper legs, as opposed to the hip. Feels really weird and even a bit unsafe (feel, there are perfectly safe). The shins are mostly there for smaller children, you don't notice those.

Unfortunatly I did not. Taken photos and ride Taron over and over again took way to much time ...

I'm sure that must have been worth it. Thanks for replying anyway.

I've also rode it twice, one time in the second car, one time backseat. It's an okea ride. For a junior/family it's a very fast ride! The lift goes up quite high, the turn after the station gives some nice g's and the tunnel is very veyr fast on the first pass. The ride doesn't go up high at all, which feels weird. The backrun is also nice because 1/2 is very low to the ground.

The onlyt problem I did have with the ride are the restrains. There are your typical new style kiddie restrains from Vekoma, but they feel different. They are very uncomfortable for taller people (say 1.80-1.85) because of the way to fall onto your lap. They are positioned to the middle of your upper legs, as opposed to the hip. Feels really weird and even a bit unsafe (feel, there are perfectly safe). The shins are mostly there for smaller children, you don't notice those.

Thanks for the little review. Sounds like they found a ride the complete opposite of their line up so far (with maybe and exception of TotNH) of Thrill and thrilling family coaster to a kid friendly family coaster that still doesn't go full kiddy. Now I'm sure to try it out thank you.

About the restrains, I can't really imagen what to expect about them as I never ride kiddies so never did a Vekoma Junior, but still thanks for the heads up I'm around that height so now I can keep it in mind.

Looks kick-ass!

The first half looks alright, but from the second launch on this coaster doesn't joke around. The latter half looks pretty intense to my eyes.

This POV gives you a better idea than the official one ( Why you'd put a camera for the official POV right on the track is beyond me).

That little unexpected drop into the second launch... I LOVE little things like that. You don't see it coming through the turn and you definitely don't expect it.

This coaster looks amazing, and the layout seems very different from what I was expecting. Not bad, just different. It seems like there is less of a focus on airtime, but there are still some airtime hills. Instead it seems like a lot of the focus is on the turns and fast transitions for most of the ride. And it seems like a lot of those turns are taken fast, and they last for a long time without letting up. It kind of reminds me of Intimidator 305, which I'm really excited for!

Turns out you can get the amazing soundtrack at the park itself. I really, really want to get this CD as IMAscore's music is always brilliant and the music they made for Klugheim is my favorite.

[twitter]

[/twitter]

Just got back from 2 Days Phantasialand, Omg, Matamba Hotel is just excellent. What a treat! I loved every minute there.

As you already saw in the pictures posted, the new area is stunning. You stand there and be at awwww. You could walk around for hours and discover new things.

As I am too tired (and too drunk honestly), no full trip report, but Taron is just a fun coaster. It is rather long, which surprised me and the first part is fun, everyone has a smile on there face. Second launch, wtf just happpend. It is insane, I am sure I've lost some braincells on that. My experience with multi launch coaster are limited as I only did Maverik and Cheetah Hunt, this one(we are talking second launch)is another World.

Raik is perfect for the kids. It is nothing special, but a cool addition to the park that needed a family coaster. The first part is actually pretty exciting and rather fast. The way back portion is slow, but the kids will love it.

What Phantasialand did here is quite stunning. You have to understand that there is no Disney or Universal behind it, it is a family run business. From me it gets a A+