TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Phantasialand Discussion Thread

The only politics the park are facing is related to their long term land expansion ambitions. Some locals protesting over a public garden nearby. Nothing to do with Klugheim.

Work is still on going. As is testing. The exterior of the restaurant is currently being themed. Hopefully not long now.

A video about the area's lighting was released as well.

Do you know the area they want to expand into?

They have fought for this expansion for years and if I'm correct they now have permission for the highlighted areas. However they are not allowed to extend the actual theme park the land is only for creating a year round resort.

Not sure when they'll start. Anyone else know anything about the plans??

Phantasialand-Expansion.thumb.jpg.8edc0c929056f028ef00d087fda7083e.jpg

^It remains a shame they aren't allowed to expand the park, and that they have run in's with the locals like all the time (they Suck the joy out of the themepark). I recently read someone describe Phantasialand exactly: Great park but a bad location. Imagen if this park was allowed to grow, they could keep the classic's and add new great stuff like Taron and Raik. I don't know when they plan to but just bulldoze that garden and let the folks plant their tomatoes somewhere els, greatness must arise.

They have fought for this expansion for years and if I'm correct they now have permission for the highlighted areas.

No, they haven´t. It´s still in some sort of political process which is compilcated and I can´t really explain it in detail. There are some enivornmental activist groups still opposing the expansion.

There is some missinformation here.

1. The park has no permission to expand so far

2. It is not true that they can not extend the themepark, there plan is though is to turn this into a year round resort with waterpark, new hotel and a event hall. There is simply no plan to extend the themepark

3. There have been no words with problems in regards of Taron and Raik, Phantasialand simply opens the area when they feel like everything is perfect. Phantasialand is detailed oriented as you can see in the lighning video. 250 individual, hand crafted lights when they could have just bought some lights in stock.

4. I personally assume a Summer Holiday opening in the State the park is located at, which would make it mid July. This is not based on any fact or information from the park, just my assumption.

Yeah I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that Phantasialand actually wants to expand in areas other than the Themepark itself. Which is totally fine by me, I think the fact that they have so many limitations spacewise, just forces them to be much more creative than any other park. I wouldn't mind if they sacrifice a few of the old rides to create a really dense and amazingly detailed park.

So much to do so little time to the summer season. Can they do it in 5 weeks as people hope?

And pictures from yesterday? where they out on Octoberfest or something? Because I doubt all this was taken on lunch hour.

^ 'So much' ??

Everything aside from the corner at Chiapas and the Tavern, both of which are being worked on, everything else is done. It's completely realistic.

10 years ago with Black Mamba, the whole place looked like a construction site with track running through it, a month before opening and they still managed it.

• 2 weeks later...

God I have promised my little brother I take him withe me to Phantasialand the next time, problem is I won't see him till July 10th and I really want to ride Taron. Talk about caught in the middle.

But happy they finnaly released a openings date.

The park's press release details the 6 world records in Klugheim.

- Taron is the world's fastest multi-launch coaster.

- Taron is the longest multi-launch coaster in the world.

- Taron has the world's most intense LSM launch.

- Taron's layout features 58 intersections, during the ride it will cross its own tracks 118 times - a world record!

- Raik is the fastest and longest family boomerang in the world.

Interesting to see that they have increased its speed, as when first announced it was to be only Europe's fastest multi launch coaster.

[...]

[...]

Interesting to see that they have increased its speed, as when first announced it was to be only Europe's fastest multi launch coaster.

Where did you get that information from?

The park's press release details the 6 world records in Klugheim.

[...]

You said the press released it. But where? What's the actual source? I can't find it anywhere.