TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Phantasialand Discussion Thread

Strange voices are being heard from Klugheim.

No seriously.

At the same time as testing Taron they have for a while now been testing the area's soundtrack. Which at the moment is just some incomprehensible voices.

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

Well it isn't the mystery area for nothing.

A drone overhead video would be amazing! Get some killer overhead shots, of the two of them,

even interacting with the River Quest rafts, circling towards the lift!

Okay...after seeing this, I really have no doubt that Klugheim will offer two rides that will appeal to adults.

I don`t know if Raik will be thrilling, too...like Taron...but regarding the fact that it`s quite fast and will even go backwards I´m sure this will be lots of fun und kind of exciting.

WHAT-AN-AREA that is

Edited by GeorgeT

• 4 weeks later...

Bumping to see if there's any update from our German posters. I've heard there are some behind the scenes political issues to opening the ride. Any other rumors?

Edited by SharkTums

Bumping to see if there's any update from our German posters. I've heard there are some behind the scenes political issues to opening the ride. Any other rumors?

Where did you hear that? I don't know anything about politcal issues, they are just finetuning the ride, completing the theming and finishing the sound proof wall. They are still testing Taron daily, not heard much about Raik testing. The park wants to open the area when everything is done perfectly and ready (they learned their lesson with the Chiapas desaster), so we expect the area to open with the Germany holidays (mid-July).

There are some discussions going on here:

https://www.phantafriends.de/topic/609-klugheim-er%C3%B6ffnungsdiskussion/?page=13

But the park doesn't give any hint about the time frame.

When are you visiting Phantasialand?

The only politics the park are facing is related to their long term land expansion ambitions. Some locals protesting over a public garden nearby. Nothing to do with Klugheim.

Work is still on going. As is testing. The exterior of the restaurant is currently being themed. Hopefully not long now.

A video about the area's lighting was released as well.

20160514_17495500000.thumb.jpg.ca5431f954d677179d6439e862564b66.thumb.jpg.adba713e6dab1b4fcf50bbac23049d3d.jpg

The Tavern.

image.thumb.jpeg.420b3a04d31a28fd58f409405f4b5734.thumb.jpeg.c0aca0a3c5bc663f440267ba56606156.jpeg

With each passing day my hope on a 2016 opening is slowly fading away. I know we don't have the whole view with them closing up the hatches on the bridge and 1 and a half/ 2 months is a lot of time for construction work, but this whole project has the Chiapas vibe to me.

There's no Chiapas vibe at all for me. If anything my hopes of it opening are increasing by the day. The area is pretty much finished. The only major construction work left is finishing the Tavern and the transition between Klugheim and Chiapas. The buildings and area around Raik were recently finished, the rides are undergoing daily testing. Just because they is no opening date released doesn't mean it isn't opening this summer.

^True the construction seems like an August Chiapas construction (august 2013) with testing and seemingly finishing touches. But each time this construction seems to go into the final phase for a July opening suddenly another building or part of theming shows up wich takes a lot of time. I swear if one more building shows up I will lose all hope, but until I hear or see that they go fully into paving and trees I'm not feeling it.