TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Phantasialand Discussion Thread

Again, what the heck is a blitz coaster?

Hey, that's my line.

I'm fairly certain that when this coaster debuts and it gets all of its good press we'll see it in the gallery of the "LSM coaster" on Intamin's website alongside Cheetah Hunt, iSpeed and Nefresesck...whatever.

EDIT: Nefeskesen.

...although it is listed as a Blitz on RCDB, same as Maverick

Intamin doesn't have such a thing in their catalogue and as far as i know never have, is this like a community made up term for intamins LSM Launch coaster?

A few years ago Intamin had the type "blitz coaster" listed on their website. This type contained Maverick and iSpeed. The other (less aggressive) LSM coasters like Cheetah Hunt were placed in a separate category called LSM Launch coaster.

More recently they've removed the blitz coaster type from their website and only list LSM Launch coaster (They're basically the same thing anyway).

A few years ago Intamin had the type "blitz coaster" listed on their website. This type contained Maverick and iSpeed. The other (less aggressive) LSM coasters like Cheetah Hunt were placed in a separate category called LSM Launch coaster.

More recently they've removed the blitz coaster type from their website and only list LSM Launch coaster (They're basically the same thing anyway).

That must be a very long few years ago

Awesome vid!! I feel like Maverick finally has a true successor!!

I feel like if it's being compared, it would be more a successor to Cheetah Hunt than Maverick.

^With it being a multi launch coaster i'd agree with that, although it is listed as a Blitz on RCDB, same as Maverick

Yea and though I'd trust the actual manufacturers word over RCDB, if we were to go by that site, Cheetah Hunt is also listed as a "Blitz coaster" according to them. I think Sneaky above described it best, they are basically the same thing, just I still feel if we were to call this a "successor" to anything it would be the more family friendly Cheetah Hunt than comparing it to something as intense as Maverick.

Or to quote TPR's Atlantis POV: Maverick was definitely supposed to be an aquatrax.

That must be a very long few years ago

I'm quite certain it was still on their website about 4 years ago, maybe even more recent.

I can't find any definite proof of this, but a quick Google search found me some posts on CoasterForce from October 2011 (4.5 years ago) that states that Intamin lists Maverick and iSpeed as blitz coasters on their website (at that time).

I believe about 2 or 3 years ago, Intamin made some changes to their website, after which the blitz coaster category was removed.

But none of this really matters as now Taron would just be listed as LSM Launch Coaster. It might pack quite a punch, I think more than Cheetah hunt, but maybe not as much as Maverick. We'll have to wait till it opens to see how it turns out, but I have no doubt it's going to be a great ride.

A blitz coaster is an LSM coaster with shorter trains than other similiar Intamin creations. This allows tighter manuevers since the back of the train is not as far from the front of the train and acceleration is not too great that it is unsafe.

Intamin doesn't have such a thing in their catalogue and as far as i know never have

They did in 2008/2009:

http://www.hullygully.nl/intamin.pdf

catalogue.png.a2c12d3cd520c8ecbdec4e9d6212f5f9.png

And check out the waybackmachine-save of the website in 2009:

https://web.archive.org/web/20090919115951/http://www.intaminworldwide.com/iag/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=22&Itemid=32

site.png.33573a41fbc413d1a3b9754a0778def2.png