TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Phantasialand Discussion Thread

More building site updates from Tobi's model on Phantafriends.

1180721479_UPDATE1.thumb.png.6bb7c277bba11f5b1fd34650623af60c.png

The building enclosing Raik's lifthills is almost finished. The wood has been darkened.

1438639786_UPDATE2.thumb.png.858c68851494dc667d7aafd539f60405.png

Right next to the new bridge that connects Klugheim to the China area they have built another narrower bridge. Not sure yet why.

462308418_UPDATE3.thumb.png.694b4d126214d7026bc836d2b05fa2ba.png

Both bridges go on to the roof of Raik's station. Also steps from the roof going down into the station have been put in. I assume this might be the exit? Two concrete blocks are also on the roof no one seems to know what their purpose is yet.

434871626_UPDATE4.thumb.png.f003b08992e239aa6c46c92e4693fe2c.png

Lifthills almost fully enclosed.

Thank you for posting the pictures, and for the descriptions. Tobi's illustrations are really useful for deciphering what's going on and makes the layout of the area really clear and easy to understand and helps to fill in the gaps while we wait for new construction photos. He/she is really skilled!

Looks awesome,

When are Germany's holiday breaks? You would think this would open shortly after, like American attractions?

i.e. finishing the rides right after the big crowds leave.

I might go try and visit in May, but won't be back in Germany for years. Europa Park or Phantasialand? Do I risk it and fly into the airport near Phantasialand?!

^^^ Ha! This is like taking one of those vertical lift buildings and "tilting it" just a bit.

All of it is looking so awesome. I have no idea if ever, whenever I'll be able to return, but.......Wow for Now!

Phantasialand have posted on their website an article about Klugheim's theming made out of wood. In particular the carved dragons.

http://magazin.phantasialand.de/aus-holz-geboren/

(Article in German)

12791112_1129362370431922_241271177600123432_n.jpg?oh=dd9b95327a307fd665257508438870f0&oe=575D527B

12814087_1129363267098499_4874239371949941310_n.jpg?oh=b30c9776dca6c8954b079a746275ddc3&oe=576689AD

12805934_1129363290431830_4301859592333707300_n.jpg?oh=7b659463eab0ef7c63954bbb7e8091c2&oe=57971FB2

Interesting to note that the wood work shop has been set up in the remaining section of the old Silbermine dark ride hall.

Youtube video of the work:

• 2 weeks later...

Phantasialand have officially confirmed that Race for Atlantis, the simulator in the large yellow dome, is being removed. It was taken off the park map today.

The dome is currently being demolished.

phantasialand.jpg.a64197aff9d3bae73bc7b19796ccc8db.jpg

Was never a fan. Good riddance!

I'm surprised they're completely removing the dome, though.

Ugh, thankfully! That dome was an eyesore, honestly. Next step, Temple of the Night Hawk/Hollywood Tour!

No! Not Hollywood Tour! Most awesome ride in the history of awesomeness!

Edited by cfc

I'm surprised they're dismantling the dome, but not unhappy about it. The thing sticks out like a sore thumb against the rest of the park band based on the park's most recent expansions, there is plenty of high quality work that can be done to replace this lemon.

I'm surprised they're completely removing the dome, though.

Ugh, thankfully! That dome was an eyesore, honestly. Next step, Temple of the Night Hawk/Hollywood Tour!

You shut your mouth. Hollywood Tour is a masterpiece of modern dark ride technology! I love that thing!

101_3339__2560x1920_.thumb.jpg.e83ea6063746eec38ea2afbd67168d3a.jpg

First ride of the day when the park opens!

Despite loving the gimmicky look it had, I'm glad to see this getting scrapped for a new future project that will blow my mind.

And despite loving the Hollywood tour like more as it seems, I'm afraid that building is next.

The park has no intentions to stop as it seems.

The entire left side of the park with the exception of Wuze Town is still kinda stuck in the 80s/90s when it comes to rides and theming, so I think it's smart to do away with it now that the rest of the park is already modern and high-class. They can't really build another Taron back there due to the proximity to the residential areas but a slate of more modern dark rides could go a long way.

Despite loving the gimmicky look it had, I'm glad to see this getting scrapped for a new future project that will blow my mind.

And despite loving the Hollywood tour like more as it seems, I'm afraid that building is next.

If HT is to go i think its replacement will be in the same building. The dinner show theatre which is also in that building was only refurbished before last season so I think it is unlikely it'll be demolished.

Also Temple of the Night Hawk received a soundtrack from IMA score for the 2015 season so also unlikely it will be removed within the next few years otherwise they wouldn't have spent the money. Unless Phantasialand have the money to refurb the theatre add a soundtrack only to demolish it in 3 years? I suppose maybe they do seem to have an endless supply of money.

Another possibility is that HT could be rethemed to something which fits in more with the Fantasy.

But screw all that I like Hollywood Tour and hope it stays!!

I suppose maybe they do seem to have an endless supply of money.

Bigger parks generally have MUCH more money to spend and could get huge investments annually, however usually the problem is that they don't want to spend that money because obviously profit. My local park for example, which gets only roughly 2 million visitors a year, while it doesn't do huge improvements yearly (just additions and improvements depending) but you can see that even a small park like that has around 4 million euros (4,440,000$) to give to charity every year, which is their leftover profit after all the bills have been paid, new additions/improvements done, salaries paid etc. Now multiply that with the bigger parks. So I guess that Phantasialand just doesn't mind spending it's precious money.

I know all the love going on around Hollywood Tour, and, despite that it didn't do much on me, fair enough, leave it alone. What bother me actually is the gigantic building above it, for the same reason than the dome, it's ugly and stuck in the past.

But if they really want to keep ToTNH (which isn't a bad ride in itself), VR is a way to go. Honestly, that was the first and only coaster that came to my mind when VR was starting to pop around. I mean, the ride section of this ride is already pitch black. And by pitch black I mean pitch black.

I suppose maybe they do seem to have an endless supply of money.

... you can see that even a small park like that has around 4 million euros (4,440,000$) to give to charity every year..

So much money spent for charity ? I think that`s absolutely adorable

If HT is to go i think its replacement will be in the same building. The dinner show theatre which is also in that building was only refurbished before last season so I think it is unlikely it'll be demolished.

Also Temple of the Night Hawk received a soundtrack from IMA score for the 2015 season so also unlikely it will be removed within the next few years otherwise they wouldn't have spent the money. Unless Phantasialand have the money to refurb the theatre add a soundtrack only to demolish it in 3 years? I suppose maybe they do seem to have an endless supply of money.

Another possibility is that HT could be rethemed to something which fits in more with the Fantasy.

But screw all that I like Hollywood Tour and hope it stays!!

Well you make good points, think about it that stuff is now a year old. This year they break down the dome with the next year and perhaps the year after that they have a giant construction site meaning when it's done that stuff is over four years old nearly five. And yes that doesn't sound as much but the investment has paid out then so it could very well be the end of the line. I'm just saying it could be next. It would be the next outdated thing they have to destroy, although I hope I'm wrong.