TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Phantasialand Discussion Thread

^ Had nothing to do with it being more complex, the first drops of water where put in August 2013, the year they announced to open it. It just wasn't done for the 2013 season was over (they even worked a little during the winter of 2013 and 2014).

That's most likely why we haven't heard any openings date or year for Taron and Raik, although I would be surprised if Taron and Raik would open in 2017 they seems to be nearly done now, being hopeful A April/May opening but realistic I think a June/July opening is in place here, a Start with the season I really doubt.

http://content.yudu.com/A3ytdv/PWFeb2016/resources/22.htm

A very detailed and interesting interview with one of the project developers about Taron. And while we already knew it, this article is the first official confirmation from Phantasialand that Taron opens in 2016.

* I love the fact the article refers to the Giant's Causeway in Northern Ireland as part of the inspiration for Klugheim's rocks. My favourite park which I've visited since I was 3 partly inspired by a landmark in the country I'm from (Northern Ireland)!

There is no confirmation that Klugheim will open in 2016. they just say that they are aiming for opening in 2016, but that there is no date confirmed yet.

Wasn't Chiapas having problems with the final drop and the boats flipping over and sinking?

No. It was just technical issues and maybe the structure. Nothing flipped and sank.

There were (and are still till today) some issues with leaking, especially in some queue areas. Then they had a problem adjusting the speed and amount of splillage / wetness plus a new magnetic braking system that didn´t work properly.

Also some things didn´t work at all (for example the waterfalls at the "temple" before the last lift). But nothing relevant in terms of security. They delayed opening to fix some minor issues.

edit: Phantasialand confirmed, no opending date or timeframe for Klugheim.

There is no confirmation that Klugheim will open in 2016. they just say that they are aiming for opening in 2016, but that there is no date confirmed yet.

Hoping it does. I'm probably going to be making my first trip to Phantasialand later in the year, and whether or not I book hinges on Tarons opening.

Well, they also had problems with the lap-bars not opening, which crippled the capacity of the ride. Through the entire season 2015 the ride had seats closed off which also caused the Single Rider Line to be closed.

Yes, but I was referring to the initial delay.

Hoping it does. I'm probably going to be making my first trip to Phantasialand later in the year, and whether or not I book hinges on Tarons opening.

I believe they will open it in time for summer school holidays here, which should be beginning of July. I think this COULD be realistic, depending on whats still missing. Guess we will know more after the off-season (in a month). So far I only see station buildings and decorative buildings, but I´m quite sure there will be some food options added as well.

With the lift being enclosed I wonder if they will install some cool effects inside such a smoke machines, explosions or laser guided death sharks.

As if this expansion needed to be even more Elissa-friendly.

All they would need is a raclette stand in the queue.