TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Phantasialand Discussion Thread

I think I prefer my legs in the air (ooh err)

High five, girl! Also, has it been mentioned what the launch speeds will be? Sorry if it's been discussed and I missed it.

I think I read somewhere in the thread that it would be the fastest double-launch coaster in Europe, so if it has to beat Helix, it will be faster than 62 mph.

Latest from the Phantafriends forum. As Tobi's art work shows the lifthills of RAIK are being enclosed in a wooden building, in the same style as the new River Quest lift tower.

The base of the River Quest lift tower has also been themed with basalt rock and it can be assumed the steel lower half of the building enclosing RAIK will also have this rock work.

I wonder will there be a roof to this building - fully enclosing RAIK's lifthills?

1650168004_raik1.thumb.png.c975502db1456195c3f2a203def33ff2.png

676244403_raik2.thumb.png.5ff3c52b6bdb83123829bc319604ddbe.png

Raik, we hardly knew ya, as it will not be seen thru all the theming. What Phantasialand builds here is spectacular.

(pic from the incredible Tobi at phantafriends.de)

screenshot-2016-02-05-19-16-45.png.d4297685fca2f1a61df83fb422fe3036.png

Edit: CSL posted the same picture at the same time,lol, what are the chances for that? If any mods are around, you can delete my post.Guess we are to excited when it comes to this project

I think it's absolutely great that Tobi and Purefun (who sends detailed description to Tobi) are working together to provide us with this 3D showcase of the construction while the park is closed, without showing us pictures, meaning this might not be 100% so it doesn't harm the park as much.

That said I really hope Riak's lift will remain open, would be a nice view from that lift I believe.

The wood seems to be higher than the track according to those images so the sides will be enclosed - which would suggest you won't see much anyway.

Also enclosing it might necessary due to the park's sound restrictions. As there are no sound barrier walls in that area. I imagine people on the ride on those hills would make a lot of noise.

The wood seems to be higher than the track according to those images so the sides will be enclosed - which would suggest you won't see much anyway.

Also enclosing it might necessary due to the park's sound restrictions. As there are no sound barrier walls in that area. I imagine people on the ride on those hills would make a lot of noise.

I'm afraid you're right on that part, but the view even with enclosed sides could be better when the roof is open. Just hang some attributes on the side walls and maybe open windows (yes that's still optional) and you have a much better view (even if you can see just the side of the River Quest lift) then a dark chasm of screams (because if there will be no lights in the lift I doubt we'll see theming in that part.)

Maybe this comes from the fact that I have a bad experience with enclosed backwards lifts, Speed of Sound at Walibi Holland. I just hate that tube, if they wanted a cheap plastic tube on one of the lifts why didn't they pick the other one?

To be fair, how much of a view would there be from the top of Raik's lift? It's mainly backstage areas and whatever view you'll have of the park will be blocked by either Taron or River Quest. That could break the immersion.

Edited by cookiex

I love it, how PhantasiaLand has figured out how to "do" these themed "pockets" of the park,

and make them into a total 'environment' for what the attraction needs. Very impressive.

They also proved, what Disney has started doing with currently, Hong Kong Disneyland.

Which is basically, planning a whole "environment" around one attraction, and nothing more.

The locals and visitors seem to be fine, with jumping from one fantasy to another.

I love it, how PhantasiaLand has figured out how to "do" these themed "pockets" of the park,

and make them into a total 'environment' for what the attraction needs. Very impressive.

They also proved, what Disney has started doing with currently, Hong Kong Disneyland.

Which is basically, planning a whole "environment" around one attraction, and nothing more.

The locals and visitors seem to be fine, with jumping from one fantasy to another.

Oops. Didn't mean to do it this way - but what can ya do, hmm?

Talocan.jpg.573d1eb2f33b79e9fc4728d67833946a.jpg

Talocan - my first immersive flat ride! TPR 2008 Europe Tour. (Not my photo - Thanks Whoever!)

Now with both rides complete all that is left is to finish testing and remainder of the theming work. On Facebook someone pointed out that perhaps Klugheim will open for the start of the season after all it looks almost done compared to what Black Mamba looked like 5 weeks before opening. 

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/42/Black_mamba_cunstruction.jpg/1024px-Black_mamba_cunstruction.jpg

Especially not after all the trouble they had with the Chiapas opening.

To be fair Chiapas is a more complicated ride with all its turntables and super fast switches. Not to say these are not complicated but I imagine especially with the boomerang it will be a lot easier to test/commission the rides as they have done many of the same ride before.