TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Phantasialand Discussion Thread

^^That picture truly is stunning

Where did you read 1.8? That's insane for an LSM; TTD, Xcelerator, and Kingda Ka don't even break 1.7. But I suppose it's possible, Dodonpa is 2.7...

Coaster-Lab. He said it will be "a little less than 1.9". It's going to be insane!

If this really is true then I'm seriously impressed. The most powerful launch I've been on was kingda Ka and I didn't imagine LSMs could go over that.

[*]They have specified there previously very vage statement about the launch: Taron will be the Multi-Launch-Coaster with the most intense LSM-Launch worldwide.

Taron will have launches around 1.8g.

Where did you read 1.8? That's insane for an LSM; TTD, Xcelerator, and Kingda Ka don't even break 1.7. But I suppose it's possible, Dodonpa is 2.7...

I remember watching a documentary about hulk that said the launch was 2 g's.

I think with Hulk the figure is distorted by the incline. Remember that even on a normal lift hill you can feel the force of gravity which is why it's harder to lean forward when you are going up the lift.

Even taking this into account 2 Gs is a lot. Is this really accurate? I mean, I've never ridden the hulk but I don't remember hearing anyone saying the launch was super forceful (which would be the case if it were 2 Gs)

1.8G isn't too much I think, I's really happy that if the train ever rolls back, the magnet only needs to be designed according to the first banked turn's height which made it so much easier. I think part of the reason why manufacturers haven't break Gerstlauer's LSM limits is because the layout usually begins with the tallest hill. The magnetic brake section needs to be long enough to slow down the train during a rollback and it is unnecessary to have a super powerful launch and then let the train travel through a straight section.

This is what I wish our American parks would do; THEMING.

See, here in the good ol' US of A, we only have two major amusement park companies that put thought into themeing. Disney and Universal. In Germany it's the exact opposite. Phantasialand, Europa, Heide, etc, all have extraordinary themeing on display park-wide. It's a wonderful place full of schnitzel, beer, broads, and coasters.

^In other words, Germany pretty much rules.

Actually, I was thinking I was living on the wrong continent, lol! With some other

parks being reasonably close to each other....besides all those German parks.

Edited by Nrthwnd

See, here in the good ol' US of A, we only have two major amusement park companies that put thought into themeing. Disney and Universal. In Germany it's the exact opposite. Phantasialand, Europa, Heide, etc, all have extraordinary themeing on display park-wide. It's a wonderful place full of schnitzel, beer, broads, and coasters.

Yeah, it doesn't help that Disney and Universal very nearly have a duopoly over the theme park resort market in the US. The easiest way for parks in the US to compete is to basically be value propositions, offering a higher quantity of rides and attractions for the money. A new high-profile theme park to be built in the US would have to be different enough so that people don't say, "But I can just go to Disney for that exact same sort of thing."

EDIT: Also, we in the US absolutely ADORE identifying with brands and fandoms. It's one of the reasons why you don't see the biggest US theme parks coming up with original attraction stories that often, deciding instead to base them on existing IP because that's what sells tickets. COUGH COUGH STAR FROZEN WARS THE OLAF AWAKENS

Phantasialand, Europa, Heide, etc, all have extraordinary themeing on display park-wide. It's a wonderful place full of schnitzel, beer, broads, and coasters.

I don't remember a big different in the broads during my 3 visits to German parks, but I'm with you on the beer, schnitzel and coasters AND PRETZELS. I'd head a little further north (Sweden) for the women.

Edited by larrygator

Good to see Germany gets all the credit, I mean like the rest of Europe has nothing like that. And as a Dutch guy all I have to say is Heiniken, that stuff is undrinkable if you ask me but made it further then any German beer I know.

On a slightly more serious note: Here in Europe people have different taste than in the US. I mean look at Six Flags, it does great in America but when they tried in Europe they where here like what 4 years maximum.

Back to Taron: I say this, Taron is the perfect harmony of a promising coaster and high end theming, I doubt we'll ever see that again in a ride for the next decade at least.

:

On a slightly more serious note: Here in Europe people have different taste than in the US. I mean look at Six Flags, it does great in America but when they tried in Europe they where here like what 4 years maximum.

The reason Six flags left europe was due to the troubles in american parks. Six flags decided to focus on their core buisiness, the american parks. Most of the european parks didnt do all that bad if i remember correctly. And even if they did, the former european six flags parks are nothing like the american ones. And other american companys seem to do it pretty well in europ... mc donalds, starbucks.. disney?

The reason Six flags left europe was due to the troubles in american parks. Six flags decided to focus on their core buisiness, the american parks. Most of the european parks didnt do all that bad if i remember correctly. And even if they did, the former european six flags parks are nothing like the american ones. And other american companys seem to do it pretty well in europ... mc donalds, starbucks.. disney?

I always heard that the core reason they left in Europe was that the parks didn't preform as Six Flags wanted them. I agree they did well enough as they still are around today under the name Walibi, and for most I was talking about theme parks/amusement parks. Europe always had theme parks so to me the story that an Amusement park didn't preform good enough always sounded logical.