TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Phantasialand Discussion Thread

Wow, awesome! It's nice to see tires (from manufacturer Trelleborg, the more you know) on the return spike as well, as the original model tends to have a sluggish backward return trip (at least it seems so on videos).

Maybe it's a longer layout too? Or is it more or less the usual length?

According to the park it will be the biggest of its kind.

So, anyone with the map/layout. Do we know where this ride path is going and where the station is?

This is the layout as interpreted by the talented Tobi on Freizeitparknews which looks like it will be very accurate. Phantasialand's is the biggest junior Boomerang so far

From Freizeitpark News. These aren't official, but are based on the existing footers:

12345519_1077788222256004_175520424879836356_n.jpg?oh=51a56ed6515fb5352fe879cea9d420b2&oe=56E263E2

12376256_1077788258922667_6116769171902578979_n.jpg?oh=006796561ff275f402ce1b136ba4ea9a&oe=571F38F6

12345474_1077788182256008_275869328259515961_n.jpg?oh=3ef9d26955088d5d994b1cfc31ef2ee8&oe=56EC179F

12360293_1077788185589341_1822875765065852158_n.jpg?oh=8d8052e7bf29268e7e1ba7831c17ab5d&oe=572014DA

I think you won't judge the same way if you had seen the construction site in person. This will be the first family boomerang with a tunnel, a lot of theming and interaction with another coaster (headchopper moments everywhere). Raik will be the biggest installation compared to all other family boomerangs. Beside the other versions this one is also the first one which has additional friction wheels on the return spike (so the backwards part is expected to be faster than on the existing models).

Wonder what Phantasialand and Vekoma pull of with Raik. Other Vekoma family boomerang I see as kiddie coasters aka they don't appeal to me. Tobi's lay-out looks fun but it needs a slight edge for the appeal.

While I can see your statement I think the fact that Taron is right there is what they were hoping would appeal to people like you and me! Then the kiddie coaster is just some icing on the nice twisted cake

Wonder what Phantasialand and Vekoma pull of with Raik. Other Vekoma family boomerang I see as kiddie coasters aka they don't appeal to me. Tobi's lay-out looks fun but it needs a slight edge for the appeal.

It needs a slight edge for the appeal? Are you [censored]ing kidding me?

The nature of the ride will mean that it has mass appeal already. Isn't that enough, especially considering that Phantasialand doesn't really have a coaster that's marketed as a family experience? They do put Colorado Adventure in the "family" category on their site but the sign at the entrance says "thrill ride". You can't expect every coaster in a park to appeal to you, even in a park like Phantasialand. You need to appreciate it for what it is, because without the families that come in and ride those kinds of rides and attractions on a regular basis, Taron might not have even been built!

^ And even with someone else's drawings of what the coaster could/would look like,

(previous page) next to Taron, and beside the rapids lift tower, it looks like it'll be

great, once all the theming and stuff is done, that Phantasialand is awesome for!

I can't wait to ride this, too!

It needs a slight edge for the appeal? Are you [censored]ing kidding me?

The nature of the ride will mean that it has mass appeal already. Isn't that enough, especially considering that Phantasialand doesn't really have a coaster that's marketed as a family experience? They do put Colorado Adventure in the "family" category on their site but the sign at the entrance says "thrill ride". You can't expect every coaster in a park to appeal to you, even in a park like Phantasialand. You need to appreciate it for what it is, because without the families that come in and ride those kinds of rides and attractions on a regular basis, Taron might not have even been built!

Wow wait up. Where did I say it needed to be a thrill ride? I will appreciate the ride even if I categorize it Kiddie, that means it won't appeal to me but that doesn't mean I don't think that would be right for the park. Like you said the park has now a great coaster line-up but the seriously lack a kiddie or even family class coaster and I'm sure Raik will provide this.

What I meant with the slight edge to appeal to me was: Tobi's lay-out is a great start, yet to me it slightly more a kiddie coaster (again wich is okay) then a family coaster. So if the real ride shows a slight edge of improvement I feel the ride will be more a family ride (a very tame wich again is okay) then it will appeal to me. To be honest it doesn't have to, but it would be welcome.

I went to the park a few weeks ago and man, Taron really looks amazing in person. It looks huge and imposing, somehow slapped into this tiny area. It also shows a lot more of the track and stuff compared to other rides at the park. Unless they are still going to add more theming to hide stuff...

Btw Raik going under the lift of the updated River Quest is looking great to me, in general Klugheim is amazeballs in person, can't wait to go back once it opens

Hi, I've been reading here on the forums for quite a while now and thought it was now time to register.

Phantasialand has released a article with new pictures, a video and some very interessting new information about Taron. Since most people here probably don't speak German I will translate the most important stuff. Let's start with the information:

• They have specified their previously very vage statement about the launch: Taron will be the Multi-Launch-Coaster with the most intense LSM-Launch worldwide.
  • Taron will be able to run at temperatures above -10°C (14°F).
  • This is probably the most interesting bit: Taron will feature a completely new "Phantasialand"-train with new sitting position and new restrain system.

And here are the pictures and the video:

The Video is basicly a slideshow of most of the picutes above:

Source: Phantasialand

Edited by Taron

^ Thanks for the infos! The translation was pretty much needed, yes.

[*]They have specified there previously very vage statement about the launch: Taron will be the Multi-Launch-Coaster with the most intense LSM-Launch worldwide.

Taron will have launches around 1.8g.

[*]This is probably the most interesting bit: Taron will feature a completely new "Phantasialand"-train with new sitting position and new restrain system.

Since a few months I'm betting on a motocoaster-kind of, sit-astride trains (lots of turns, "lack" of airtime...). Can't wait to see them!

So...how many times has Intamin redesigned their train and restraint system in the past decade or so? Four?

Curious, has anyone said anything about the height restriction?

"Powerful and intense, convoluted steel and mighty cliffs."

"Now is the time to discover new things and delve into the world of Taron.

From today we reveal here to Friday every day a bit more."

Phantasialand have posted this. So by Friday we should know a bit more. Could be a photo of the trains?

http://magazin.phantasialand.de/zeit-der-entdeckung/

[*]They have specified there previously very vage statement about the launch: Taron will be the Multi-Launch-Coaster with the most intense LSM-Launch worldwide.

Where did you read 1.8? That's insane for an LSM; TTD, Xcelerator, and Kingda Ka don't even break 1.7. But I suppose it's possible, Dodonpa is 2.7...

Where did you read 1.8? That's insane for an LSM; TTD, Xcelerator, and Kingda Ka don't even break 1.7. But I suppose it's possible, Dodonpa is 2.7...

I remember watching a documentary about hulk that said the launch was 2 g's.

Coaster-Lab. He said it will be "a little less than 1.9". It's going to be insane!