TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Phantasialand Discussion Thread

Love this picture.

Also I'm completely off the idea of a second coaster now, the other footers are for iron work of walkway's and perhaps some future rock work. Was keeping this in mind from the beginning but I'm confident it's true now. But it doesn't take a single thing away form this amazing project.

Also I'm completely off the idea of a second coaster now, the other footers are for iron work of walkway's and perhaps some future rock work. Was keeping this in mind from the beginning but I'm confident it's true now. But it doesn't take a single thing away form this amazing project.

None of the footers have been used for the walkway. A second coaster is still pretty much in the game. Plus additional footers have been poured at the Riverquest Pool.

396146d1448143596-201x-neuheit-taron-launch-coaster-intamin-themenbereich-klugheim-phantasialand-unbenannt334543.png

Edited by alexinla

This picture really shows what an awesome job theme parks do to make you feel seperated from the outside world. You feel like you're in a different world, with no thought to the fact that the "real world" is just behind a wall.

None of the footers have been used for the walkway. A second coaster is still pretty much in the game. Plus additional footers have been poured at the Riverquest Pool.

Okay missed those, but let's be real here, what proof do we have on a second coaster? Some odd placed footers thats it.

We have:

- No indicated station footer or place.

- No supports or track for a second coaster sighted.

- Plus realistically shouldn't we have at least seen some telling signs a second coaster is indeed in play?

This last one I will give, but the rumor has it that that trench near the red and yellow crane would be used but there aren't any footers so far in it, granted it still they still could be made but I find it odd it isn't.

Given the fact that at first I could imagen a second coaster lay-out, but those paths are now closed as well. It starts to get really hard to keep the hope of a second coaster up.

I try to look at it realistically and I have very high doubts now.

This picture really shows what an awesome job theme parks do to make you feel seperated from the outside world. You feel like you're in a different world, with no thought to the fact that the "real world" is just behind a wall.

Exactly my thoughts. Looks stunning

^ Yeah that's River Quest down there, they sure know how to do it right.

This last one I will give, but the rumor has it that that trench near the red and yellow crane would be used but there aren't any footers so far in it, granted it still they still could be made but I find it odd it isn't.

Wanted to come back on this one, and admit something.

Just saw better pictures from above (Same as posted here just larger versions, and it they showed clearly that there are square holes in the concrete floor for footers so yeah maybe a second coaster isn't out of play indeed.

I also wanted to admit that will all the confusion of this massive construction field my brain might be melting so I kind off lost. I just hope this piece of art and spectacle will be done soon so I can give my brain some time to recover.

Don't forget, if there is a second coaster planned, it might not be opening next year with Taron... they might just be making sure all the evasive groundwork is done so that it can be constructed with the minimum of disruption.

Phantasialand is about perfection. They would not open a new area unless everything is done to there satisfaction. We are talking about a kid-coaster that can be build in a couple of days.

So this was an interesting week of construction lots happened, most of these pictures are from Purefun:

Monday:

_DSC8164.thumb.JPG.ca1bd34c90edde454d1b10f1bda4c46b.JPG

Cable spotted on the curve after the first launch, interesting little thing to show up. Also notice a gateway in the back, that leaves a hole to a sort of bridge element.

GOPR0742.thumb.jpg.99b48c4c5e48075106a363e9db079f0c.jpg

Here's a close up on that gateway.

Tuesday no photo's I could find.

Wednesday:

_DSC8479.thumb.JPG.cc1df064fab8c6e379883dc644648711.JPG

Wooden sides for River Quest lift tower. Interesting was expecting some rock work here and there.

_DSC8453.thumb.JPG.e488441d1595847af3c79d9de0a5ef49.JPG

Interesting looking building comes here, also the track goes through it.

_DSC8360.thumb.JPG.11287a5028c2f84df1048bfd2d6b78da.JPG

Also a nice little offset on the bridge that goes almost throughout the center of the construction site and lowers in 2 steps. (look at the air photo above)

_DSC8397a.thumb.jpg.25cd7e876e1492cbe1a958e8d38d34ef.jpg

Also an empty footer, for the second coaster rumor.

Thursday:

_DSC8604.thumb.JPG.9d60801bd90696e3718b5d5b65504fd3.JPG

It seems that the square holes in the tunnel floor are indeed for footers, and again I believe the second coaster, construction can't go fast enough.

_DSC8628.thumb.JPG.a46c9eaf2cdeb640e2c982eaf33e952a.JPG

Wood on the back of the Lift structure of River Quest.

_DSC8584.thumb.JPG.32420a29abc85d0ad45b4be2ae8a6536.JPG

River Quest entrance area is also getting a new coat of paint a slightly darker more in tone with Taron rock work.

_DSC8622.thumb.JPG.b9ba6976d3b85d614f45121972fc65e4.JPG

Removing what seems to be the some of the last bits of bubble wrap.

Friday:

_DSC8652.thumb.JPG.d7529f6677a93d37013b9bae2533d83a.JPG

More preparation of rock theming.

&page=9

Highlighted parts: The top is the River Quest wall facing Taron, they're adding a pink base coat and paint a white color over it. I don't understand the door being Highlighted, and last we have the bottom where they're working on the trench of the second coaster.

_DSC8700.thumb.JPG.d7b5cb64e2d2297b67cf8b3a2bc422b9.JPG

tunnel exit being themed.

Saturday:

_DSC8741.thumb.JPG.596f21d677f3b1d59c618eef3d8cefc7.JPG

Panting the white around the supports to match the fake wood.

_DSC8793.thumb.JPG.9b38bf30e8c40b7e2d31b9389aeae302.JPG

Roof work on the station.

_DSC8725.thumb.JPG.2ba4938567a4dd8bdc886e6137ec3754.JPG

Extending the rock wall at the side of the park to wards the side of the station.

_DSC8754.thumb.JPG.3e0bb0179cf0f792015fb457982cb90e.JPG

Working on some theming.

_DSC8758.thumb.JPG.9c09b83205e00cc04a86e09550cf01d4.JPG

Another chimney so it seems.

_DSC8736.thumb.JPG.d56a6a76e87b7e8b5d951ba4aabebe14.JPG

Just another one, they really take this upgrade serious.

_DSC8740.thumb.JPG.e1525527669929adbe6d27a750fbb690.JPG

Love that far left panel, now imagen them all like that going to look great.

_DSC8726.thumb.JPG.b241251f43acfa70fabaaac84ef74d09.JPG

Yes wood on this side too.

_DSC8806.thumb.JPG.ae8df37c3afa310f6a9b6219b657c2cf.JPG

Also the footers inside the water around River Quest.

Source for all pictures and a lot more.

They're really working hard, just love it how it comes to be.

_DSC8741.thumb.JPG.596f21d677f3b1d59c618eef3d8cefc7.JPG

Panting the white around the supports to match the fake wood.

I never noticed the fake wood on the footer before now, that looks incredible! I keep being amazed by the level of detail put into this project. I will definitely have to try to get my ass down to Germany next year.

Hello! I'm off to Phantasialand on Thursday as part of a school trip (I'm 13) and I have a few worries;

1: Could someone help me rate Black Mamba as a scale of 1-10 of how much of that weird stomach feeling you get? I hate this feeling.

2: What do loops/inversions feel like?

3: Any tips to help me muster up the courage and get in the line and get on without feeling like I'm going to be sick? - This is a very big problem as I love the rides when I'm on them an after, and it's not the worry of the ride breaking down. It's me fearing air time loads and fearing that I'm going to be sick.

I do love rides; specifically Sonic Spinball and Air at Alton towers the most - I live 30 minutes away so it's easy to go.

Hello! I'm off to Phantasialand on Thursday as part of a school trip (I'm 13) and I have a few worries;

1: Could someone help me rate Black Mamba as a scale of 1-10 of how much of that weird stomach feeling you get? I hate this feeling.

3: Any tips to help me muster up the courage and get in the line and get on without feeling like I'm going to be sick? - This is a very big problem as I love the rides when I'm on them an after, and it's not the worry of the ride breaking down. It's me fearing air time loads and fearing that I'm going to be sick.

I do love rides; specifically Sonic Spinball and Air at Alton towers the most - I live 30 minutes away so it's easy to go.

1. Very little. Maybe a little on the first drop, but that's about it. It's a very smooth layout.

On the other hand, the park's mine train is full of sudden drops and directional changes. Maybe consider skipping that one.

2. The exact opposite of "that weird stomach feeling" you don't like.

3. You're not going to be sick. Don't skip breakfast though, and maybe avoid riding it early in the morning, give your body some time to wake up.

4. If you like spinning coasters, don't forget the indoor Winjas-coasters. Be sure to ride both, as they have different layouts.

Black Mamba, just as all the other coasters in Phantasialand (Taron going to be the exception) have practically zero airtime. The only point on any of the coasters I remember is the second drop of Colorado Adventure when you enter the dark part, but then again it only lasts like a second. Black Mamba is all about intensity and positive G-forces (i.e. you're pressed into the seat, basically anti-airtime). If you're up for an intense ride, go for it. I'm pretty sure you can try Colorado as well, it's a really great ride and considered a family coaster, so better give it a go.

That being said, this is hardly the right thread for these affairs (Edit: Sorry, of course it's the right thread, I was so used to reading Taron-related stuff in here I was certain this was a Klugheim thread, my bad!). Have fun though, enjoy your stay at the park.

Edited by gravitypenguin

Black Mamba has some nice airtime in the zero G roll. Colorado adventure also at some point good funny airtime when you are backseated.

Back to Taron. I like these fences a lot! What do they keep in there, dinosaurs?

I`m guessing this is the exit. I wou like to exit the ride while a train is crossing over one last time.

It looks a bit to small for an entrance. But Black Mamba`s exit is also small so you never know.

An entrance in the central area seems more logic to me. But I`m still happy if this picture becomes the entrance

how much of that weird stomach feeling you get? I hate this feeling.

Everyone else has answered you well enough, I just have some advice for you elsewhere -

Ride Mystery Castle as much as you can. Don't read about it, don't spoil anything, just ride it. A lot.

I`m guessing this is the exit. I wou like to exit the ride while a train is crossing over one last time.

It looks a bit to small for an entrance. But Black Mamba`s exit is also small so you never know.

An entrance in the central area seems more logic to me. But I`m still happy if this picture becomes the entrance

I'm not even sure there will a path there. Those "beams" look heavily themed, which they wouldn't be if they were going to be covered up with a path.

Not to mention it wouldn't be very safe, as those beams are only decorative with "chicken wire" inside:

Here's an actual bridge/path in the area. The path directly connected to the steel structure, and no theming whatsoever:

5.thumb.jpg.f3d22e07afa0bd1d43c0f58557642d74.jpg

Edited by BDG

Kid Turns would laugh at this post!