TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Phantasialand Discussion Thread

^ Glad to help. To be honest I couldn't see it before either, so I thought let's just fill it in my drawing of the lay-out and I thought it would be a nice thing to share.

Speaking of sharing Purefun has some new pictures:

DSC07842.thumb.JPG.32df8a9ca212106bf80ca1e475cb0c86.JPG

More track going in as part of the second half of the ride.

DSC07870.thumb.JPG.f58aaa741a222b810224e56a06a0bb34.JPG

Just follow those green arrows that's all that needs to be done for the second launch and the brakes to be one part.

DSC07871.thumb.JPG.d18ca25380dd3f56768270c43522f734.JPG

From the other angle, it looks like 2 or 3 pieces left.

DSC07843.thumb.JPG.afa13ec0eba4b64ac7a8687c2aae5729.JPG

For the first half of the ride there's more to be done, but we have more supports.

Source and more.

Going great, hope tomorrow they finish up the second half of the ride, who knows If I have to bet on when track work will be completed I say November early December, so we might get some updates of the final batch of track going in. It's all based on how fast track went in and how long it took for between this batch and the previous. Footers are well underway near the tunnel, so there's also that.

^ You got Purefun to thank for that. It really makes me happy to see someone going in daily to provide pictures of such an awesome coaster construction. It's rarely you see so much of construction so I can appreciate this very much.

Edit 13 October: New pictures:

DSC07892.thumb.JPG.9b04e97fae1164f80b55b3a787d6a8bc.JPG

Earlier we had some scaffolding going up near the Transfer track now these arches are build.

DSC07933.thumb.JPG.7b322995a31ad5a3f2442f6cdd7890ff.JPG

Quite tall ones also.

DSC07928.thumb.JPG.3360d826a0638c7eda0b611bbf55db60.JPG

Roof work is progressing.

DSC07947.thumb.JPG.d50b707ae60ffe3e1986cd3400a10ea5.JPG

More structural theming.

DSC07885.thumb.JPG.256ea97d12bb134d05d0dacc710ed0b7.JPG

Really love the wood and stone elements mashed together.

DSC07986.thumb.JPG.f535a78c15470e061f97d495ab619578.JPG

And yes track went in today finishing the second part of the ride, okay except for a support or 2.

Source and more.

Here's a quick update on the lay-out after they finished the second half:

12112418_950738004999351_5893367021947428504_n.jpg?oh=444bef0dd61b87d9c8814503bca99db3&oe=5687CB51

You can see the red line is one line beginning and ending in yellow (red is the second half of the ride yellow the first)

12106863_950737988332686_5951943057577218275_n.jpg?oh=8a918bbc764d63ae547791bf9e419bd1&oe=56C8E2D9

This is what that means in intersections. 14 16 and 44 are still red that green doesn't even have all it's footers finished. 23 and 24 are turned blue with the included supports yesterday. Meaning 5 intersections to go.

wow, this is Disney-level themeing (with better-than-Disney coaster design).

Very impressive.

It may one of the few coasters I can say may benefit from less-than-break-neck-pacing.

As someone else said, something between a Maverick and a Cheetah Run feel might be perfect here.

Edited by tororific

In fairness, Phantasialand and the Disney parks have slightly different demographics. Just because we're looking at potentially a world-class Intamin coaster and going gaga over it doesn't mean that will be better to everyone. The coasters in the Disney parks, with a few exceptions, are designed for insane mass appeal - low height restrictions all around, ride movements that won't make you sick, and the wonderful ability to take your stuff with you while you ride. Taron likely won't have any of those, but that's okay because it fits Phantasialand.

I'm so glad for many of you in the thread that are following this like crazy and providing all of the information to those of us who just want to look at the ride and see what the mess of track actually is!

Thanks!

Can't wait to ride it this summer!

I still have no idea how the layout goes. I know a few of you have posted diagrams above but yea, still confused. It is nice to look at though.

It's actually not as complicated as one think when you start looking into the diagram.

This is very representative:

In fairness, Phantasialand and the Disney parks have slightly different demographics. Just because we're looking at potentially a world-class Intamin coaster and going gaga over it doesn't mean that will be better to everyone. The coasters in the Disney parks, with a few exceptions, are designed for insane mass appeal - low height restrictions all around, ride movements that won't make you sick, and the wonderful ability to take your stuff with you while you ride. Taron likely won't have any of those, but that's okay because it fits Phantasialand.

Wasn't really criticizing either park (or type of coaster). I love most Disney coasters, but especially the ones immersed in cool scenery, like Matterhorn and Big Thunder. My point was more that it's very cool and unusual to have a more-intense coaster ride coupled with great themeing: Nemesis, Taron and others are the exception -- and I can't really think of a comparison one in the US off the top of my head. But it's the best of both worlds,for me.

I still have no idea how the layout goes. I know a few of you have posted diagrams above but yea, still confused. It is nice to look at though.

It's actually not as complicated as one think when you start looking into the diagram.

This is very representative:

Thanks - I couldn't make heads or tails out of the diagrams, color coded sections, etc...

That looks very cool, with all the tunnels and turns -- looks Cheetah Run-ish type intensity to me, maybe a little bit more. Not a lot of air, assuming that is accurate, but lots of very fun elements.