TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Phantasialand Discussion Thread

Sure the theming is awesome, but this is not all a good coaster needs. They invest millions into the rock work, but have not invested into a darkride part before any of the launches (like the Mummy Rides) that would tell a story. Of course this is my personal taste. But I am afraid that the ride misses to tell a good story. Same happened to Chiapas.

I hope that the Q will tell a good story, like the Q of Wodan at Europa Park does.

Sure the theming is awesome, but this is not all a good coaster needs. They invest millions into the rock work, but have not invested into a darkride part before any of the launches (like the Mummy Rides) that would tell a story. Of course this is my personal taste. But I am afraid that the ride misses to tell a good story. Same happened to Chiapas.

I hope that the Q will tell a good story, like the Q of Wodan at Europa Park does.

Why would you need a story to create a great rollercoaster? I don´t get this. The Mummy rides are great, especially the Orlando Version, but it doesn´t really tell a story that makes the coaster better.

I never really got all the fuss about the Wodan Q. It´s themed nicely but it doesn´t contribute to the ride in any way (at least for me).

Now we don´t even know how the Q will look like for Taron. We don´t know if they will include a dark ride part on the way to the launch. So why all this hate?

This will be an awesome addition and one of the best looking coasters in the world...

It's been about 2 months since I last did this update, so I think It's about time :

Placed track:

12049413_945433958863089_8177784950321340109_n.jpg?oh=dc4b9c82b7c9ec7471bc71cde1953020&oe=56910D21

Yellow: Storage track section, Station, 1st Launch and all that follows.

Red: 2nd Launch and all that follows, Brakes.

Blue and Orange: Track that could go after either launches I don't know wich it will be for 100%.

Speculation:

12088591_945434702196348_6616613899124548290_n.jpg?oh=1daf1e46be19f294650dec302093d66c&oe=569D2508

Light blue: How track will be placed if we look at the already placed supports.

Green: Trench they dug, doubt this will be part of the lay-out.

Big image of the first to show how intersections are:

12107123_945433938863091_1745033604044045660_n.jpg?oh=00d438afd6c345ad63275a90fbea9472&oe=56A45A8A

All colors are just lighter tones of the first image.

A quick count came out on 38 intersections already with another 5 inevitable, meaning we are around 43 known intersections of the 58.

They're on a run there.

I found some nice pictures from less popular views.

I actually hope the ride will be less intense then Maverick. Otherwise the contrast between the other rides will be to big maybe? But it looks like Phantasialand will obtain a good total package by adding this ride.

Source

I actually hope the ride will be less intense then Maverick.

I think so too. It would make more sense if they turn down the intensity so that people can appreciate the beauty of this thing during their ride. After all you will never notice Maverick's footer when you're rushing through everything. Plus a bigger portion of their visitors can actually ride it.

Never been on Cheetah Hunt, but I think it would be perfect if Taron's intensity is between Cheetah Hunt and Maverick, slightly more towards Cheetah Hunt's side.

I actually wonder what a coaster like this will do for the park. Sure we here are all in love with the total package but how will GP react to it. I wonder how much more attendance the park gets when it's open.

It's unbelievable what the park did here, to just let the ride speak for it self they captured allot of enthusiast by just a big amount of theming and the mystery of the ride's lay-out. Taron's construction might be something I never forget.

This ride is getting sexier by the day!

Hats off to Phantasialand, I have always been impressed by their themeing, but they've certainly come a long way:

ESbob2.jpg.685b403a6700d08a98050bf93339f220.jpg

Gebirgsbahn - gone but not forgotten, especially by the Schwarzkopf nuts on this forum!

Taron is like the kind of ride someone would build as a super detailed 'fantasy' coaster in NoLimits or something and where people would say 'naahhh, that's never gonna built'. It's pretty much a coaster enthusiast's wet dream. I can't wait to ride this!

Amen to that! Exactly how it is.

Taron is like the kind of ride someone would build as a super detailed 'fantasy' coaster in NoLimits or something and where people would say 'naahhh, that's never gonna built'. It's pretty much a coaster enthusiast's wet dream. I can't wait to ride this!

Amen to that! Exactly how it is.

No it isn't. This is just very efficient track layout and design wrapped up in a pretty freaking great theme package. It's basically a 21st century adaptation of the Space Mountain or Premier spaghetti bowl style of layout, spread out a bit to allow for thematic elements.

Just an FYI, I'm not implying that this is a bad thing - it's just that Taron really doesn't look like a fantasy coaster.

Well if an enthusiast came to me 5 years ago and told me within now and 10 years there would be a coaster build with this level theming, I would laugh and say it would be a dream come true, guess it's not a dream anymore. I mean Black Mamba looks like an inverted coaster in a planted trench compared to this.

Edit: About the post below.

Words fail to come to me. But I have to say it looks still very much like a construction site, I know it still is, but just the amount of work that needs to be done shows.

Edited by RCT3Bross