TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Phantasialand Discussion Thread

Wow if they're really adding a second coaster then I'm seriously impressed. This ride already looks like it'll be awesome and the attention to detail is just stunning so 2nd one would be really nice (especially with the interaction).

Human vocabulary is way too limited to describe how awesome this looks. This must be one of the best coasters ever made.

So far, I believe that this is supposed to be entirely new themed area for the park, so another family coaster doesn´t rly surprise me. I was also thinking there could be some sort of flat ride as well.

A lot of people feel Taron is the spiritual successor to the old Gebirgsbahn.

And some of you may have forgotten, or maybe never knew, but the old Gebirgsbahn also had a smaller coaster to go along with it.

The 2001 inferno actually started in this smaller, second coaster.

Gebirgsbahn - the big one:

Grand Canyon Bahn - the small one:

And some photos because why not...

3.jpg.5308f7309f289580199a5df9e99c1661.jpg

41592e0b547b9b83.jpg.880c13377d2ead10b2b576013d6d5be2.jpg

ESbob1.jpg.ffc19fc9ab3674e57f01a6e49abf443d.jpg

ESbob3.jpg.d356e413730bea91035becb566b9e106.jpg

^ Why did you need to bring up the most saddest coaster story of all time? It's really a shame a park had to lose such beautiful coasters in such a horrific way. I usually tent to forget this on purpose just because of they how it happened. Although this lead to a awesome raft ride it's a shame.

^^When I first saw the rocks going up I was instantly reminded of Gebirgsbahn! I really do feel that this is Phantasialand reimagining the old canyon area.

^Yea it sucks that they lost all of that amazing rockwork and scenery, but Phantasialand wouldn't be the way it is today without the incident.

Am I missing something here? What exactly happened to that coaster? The theming on that coaster looks ridiculous just like the other Phantasialand coasters, I mean, the rockwork IS the support structure

The coaster and structure caught on fire in May of 2001 and both coasters were badly damaged so they were both torn down.

Are they trying to theme each and every support?

I guess they won't theme each support, they'll theme those that are clearly visible (to a degree) and hide the rest. Black Mamba is a good example. There are some unthemed supports, but they are either in trenches or in locations where they can't be themed.

Look at the overbanked turn after the first launch. The supports are not themed but rather well hidden.

This could be very close to the real layout...regarding the footers and tunnels. If it will be anything like that, I wouldn`t complain at all

If the real coaster is any where near this... then I think we might have a new top 5 coaster!! It looks amazing. The amount of detail the park is putting into this coaster seriously just makes my jaw drop every time I see new photos of this coaster. Can't wait to see an official POV, and to read reviews of the coaster!! . . . Also, I can't wait to see the trains! I bet they are going to look amazing.