TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Phantasialand Discussion Thread

I don't even know why I come into this thread... It just depresses me, because I know I won't be able to afford to get over there and ride this beauty for a while, if ever!

I can say the same about Fury 325 and all the rest in the USA.

I suffer from severe panic attacks. Phantasialand is the second nearest park to my home (1hour drive). It will take a lot of my energy and concentration to get there as a car passenger when it`s open. Next sunday my friends are trying to take me with to Efteling (Baron 1898) but I just can`t convince myself to go along. I`m even afraid to walk in the park among crowd. The further away from the car, the harder it get`s. I can`t think about stalling in a darkride or at worse a coaster. I would completely lose it. Times where different once before when I travelled across Europe and one major trip to the United States (Cedar Point and Orlando parks). Still I have my passion to read everything on fora like themeparkreview. One of my first panic attacks was during multiple rides on Superman in Madrid. I suddenly got blank in my head and experienced a panic blow. Since that day I slowly said goodye to themeparks. (10 years ago)

But I`m very glad that one of world`s most gorgeous coasters (Taron) is so close to my home. It`s not impossible to go there even with Agorafobia. So I will eventually ride it when it get`s open and when there are less visitors during a normal working day.

Everyone, just thanks for those comments!

It feels so great to see people from all over the world appreciate a project in my home park (It´s 15 minutes on public transport from where I live).

Now I won´t go down the fanboy route, pretending this to be the best Coaster ever made. I´ve been to parks in the US (Florida and SoCal, to be precise) and every "thrill" park, even Universal, has rides that are more intense than all the coasters in Europe. So, judging from intensity, I don´t think Taron will be better than those. For now, as I don´t know the layout, I think it will be similar to Cheetah Hunt with great theming added.

Anyways, I knew this was happening for quite a time, and now it just feels great to see worldwide appreciation for this project (I´m not involved with it or PHL in any way).

Thanks, TPR !

Everyone, just thanks for those comments!

It feels so great to see people from all over the world appreciate a project in my home park (It´s 15 minutes on public transport from where I live).

Now I won´t go down the fanboy route, pretending this to be the best Coaster ever made. I´ve been to parks in the US (Florida and SoCal, to be precise) and every "thrill" park, even Universal, has rides that are more intense than all the coasters in Europe. So, judging from intensity, I don´t think Taron will be better than those. For now, as I don´t know the layout, I think it will be similar to Cheetah Hunt with great theming added.

Anyways, I knew this was happening for quite a time, and now it just feels great to see worldwide appreciation for this project (I´m not involved with it or PHL in any way).

Thanks, TPR !

I love your honest attitude! Seriously, the ride looks great and if it's Cheetah Hunts big brother with theming, we're all in for an AWESOME ride!

The thing about this coaster is that without theming, it wouldn't be anything too amazing, but with the theming it gives the ride a whole new vibe and sort of gives it more life. It's like Black Mamba in a sense where the layout by itself isn't much but the surrounding theming makes the ride so much better.

It's clearly a case of great coaster with awesome theming make for a awesome total experience. Phantasialand will hit a home-run with Taron.

As far as this being the best coaster ever, well there isn't really any coaster that could claim that title. Some prefer Airtime others inversions and some want theming. It's really a contest on taste. I'm sure Taron will dominate a lot of enthusiast personal top 10's and taking some 1st places, and with that in mind, yeah this ride is on of the greatest coasters ever, and that when we don't know the full lay-out yet.

Honestly...I also think the layout isn`t too shabby

I mean, there seems to be an nice airtime hill half finished that could really deliver...then there`s another twisted hill next to it that`s also half finished but could be something. Then there will be at least twos I305 style turns...well sort of...then we´ll have two very forceful launches. And we all know there will be more elements. So I really do think that this ride does not belong in the category : "Not a bad layout, but (just) the theming makes the ride". Looking at the layout and the promised speed I this this could be far more intense than Cheetah Hunt...!

Why is this coaster so extremely themed and awesome?!! If only theme parks in America would give coasters impeccable theming The layout seems to be tame, yet by it being a multi-launcher it'll add that extra punch, and the theming alone just gives it that HOLY FXCK factor! If there's one thing that European theme parks do well and that's theming their coasters. Even Smiler theming is awesome lol. Anyway, being a broke college boy sucks haha. I had to save for nearly 6 months just to go to Six Flags Magic Mountain LOL (I live in NC). One day I'll be able to just hop up & go across the pond to ride these awesome coasters. NEMESIS IS CALLING ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But, I digress. Can't wait to see video of this bad boy.

There's going to be a second coaster?

That is what I thought. This coaster looks simply amazing. I see no need for another coaster addition at the same time... But that's just me.

It's rumored there is going to be a vekoma family coaster in there too!

Oh. That makes more sense. Guess it means the second coaster is official now.