TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Phantasialand Discussion Thread

The park also shared this behind-the-scenes look at Black Mamba.

This one is in German, but there's very little talking.

Quick translation... In the beginning, the voice-over says "It's still early. Phantasialand awakes. And every morning, every ride is inspected and tested before they are opened. We follow technician Werner Kuhl through the jungle of Black Mamba."

Later (1:20) the technician in the video explains how the brakes require air to be opened, not to be closed. So even in case of a power outage, the brakes are closed. Towards the end (2:25), he says they also check the restraints. Finally (2:45) he gives the OK to the ride operator.

Edited by BDG

Thanks for both video's. Really interesting look at the construction site and also good to know they're doing their best to make look real.

Also The Black Mamba one got me realizing how big that ride truly is. I mean seeing someone just walking underneath it looking so tiny.

^^That first picture is incredible! I thought the rockwork was starting to get a bit repitive, but the wooden ladders and platforms helps break it up. And I'm sure more details are to be added as well, maybe some vegetation to make it look even better. But it already looks stunning! I must go down to Germany next year!!!

Doesn't that rock structure have to be added because of noise complaints?

Yep that's right. I guess it will improve the ride much like similar measures on Talocan, Black Mamba and Colorado Adventure have. I love it when parks like this take advantage of restrictions and create something great from them.

^3^ Totally agree with this. Which makes me wonder why Alton Towers or

Legoland Windsor haven't thought of doing their coasters (past) this way?

I mean, they did put Nemesis into the ground, but still. And the reason

is usually money, money, money...

• 2 weeks later...