TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Phantasialand Discussion Thread

Final layout leaked: http://www.wolllust-ahr.de/images/wollknaeuel.jpg

Sorry I couldn't resist!

Oh my god, get out of my head, I nearly posted the exact same thing this morning

The amount of crossovers really is crazy though, it will surely look like an explosion in a spaghetti factory. It will be good to see if the trains will ever pass each other as they often do on Smiler.

This ride sounds incredible!! I've always admired Phantasialand's ability to make amazing use of a limited amount of space. Speaking of, I apologize if it was posted and I missed it, but is there a map floating around showing the space being used for the ride?

This ride sounds incredible!! I've always admired Phantasialand's ability to make amazing use of a limited amount of space. Speaking of, I apologize if it was posted and I missed it, but is there a map floating around showing the space being used for the ride?

No map, but we've seen aerial shots:

https://www.phantafriends.de/index.php?/topic/391-neu-20152016-themenbereich-klugheim-bilder/#comment-9878

_dsc0394.jpg

It's interesting to see, from this aerial photo, the green rectangle there, with a few trees on it.

Is this owned space that Phantasialand can use for a future attraction(s)? Or is it privately

owned and they can't use it?

Just curious. The space looks so obvious for such expansion.

Chiapas has currently enormous problems with the lap bars. They can't even nearly use half the capacity of the ride at the moment due to broken bars. And the number of bars that actually work decreases day to day. In addition the boats have truble letting the water out and one of the switches also has problems. All those problems weren't there in 2014.

I would say Intamin has to improve quite a few things there, for the next season. The ride is really awesome and Intamins new flume system really rocks, IF it works.

From the air the park looks so compact. Does it feel crowded from the ground? Are there height restrictions for construction? Forgive my limited knowledge of the park. Like many people, Taron has slipped under my radar, and I'm trying to get caught back up again.

From the air the park looks so compact. Does it feel crowded from the ground? Are there height restrictions for construction? Forgive my limited knowledge of the park. Like many people, Taron has slipped under my radar, and I'm trying to get caught back up again.

Some parts do feel quite crowded and compact (not in a bad way) such as the area around Colorado Adventure and some areas such as around Wuze Town feel quite open with the lake next to it. A lot of the rides criss cross paths and other rides and on Black Mamba for example you are never more than a few feet away from a path, tree, tunnel, rock etc. The funny thing is that although the park is compact I always feel there is a lot of walking because the layout isn't the most obvious.

I'm not sure about a height limit, but the park does have very strict restrictions on noise pollution which is why most of the rides are virtually enclosed or surrounded in sound barriers/fake rocks and why Mystery Castle is enclosed.

I'm not sure about a height limit, but the park does have very strict restrictions on noise pollution which is why most of the rides are virtually enclosed or surrounded in sound barriers/fake rocks and why Mystery Castle is enclosed.

Mystery Castle wouldn't be anywhere near as awesome as it is if it wasn't enclosed though!

From all those times I`ve been to Phantasialand (21x) it never felt crowded. It always gives me peace to be there. Just some folks walking on the same path but never crowded.

Like they say, the park is small but there are so many paths (almost hidden) that there is a lot of walking to do. It never gets bored. So many view points for superb rides.

From all those times I`ve been to Phantasialand (21x) it never felt crowded. It always gives me peace to be there. Just some folks walking on the same path but never crowded.

Sorry, I didn't mean crowded with people, I meant crowded with rides like River Quest and Colorado Adventure's rocks right over the pathways. I know English isn't your first language so I thought I would explain