TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Phantasialand Discussion Thread

Dueling has a lot to do with timing. See The Smiler as an example. If two trains are timed right, they will duel, if not, they wont. It really depends if it makes sense to do it, as in, if there are moments where you would be able to actually see the other train. This coaster might have 3 or even 4 trains on the track at the same time. With the right timing, there could be some nice interactions going on.

Nah, it just means that it will be a launch.

Ok thanks!

Amazing panorama pic from Phantafriends.de :

IMAG2072.jpg.2a0b8b08e97500c8b729b693f1547686.jpg

Click for the full version.

I'm already picturing short trains themed as dragons literally flying throught those mountains and ravines!

Edited by KingRCT3

So let me get this right, the ride was in motion, his bar allegedly popped open so his first thought was to exit the ride while it was running risking serious injury or death? God people are dumb!

I mean, I'd rather get out during one of the slow sections than risk being injured during the drop, if my lap bar opened and would refuse to close again.

Granted, I would stay right where I got out and call for help as opposed to going "exploring", but I would probably still get out.

Since today there are new views possible from inside the park. The track will cross 58 times, this turns into one of the most interesting projects around(all pics courtesy of coasterfriends.de)

t1.thumb.jpg.68d1fe72d52931307e8ad6e86e8d1ef1.jpg

What the hell is going on here?

t3.thumb.jpg.7487ccfba69d8f3b28fc8fdef0f42df3.jpg

t2.thumb.jpg.8f60f16c637351a4c3859ad992386e16.jpg

Airtime?

t4.thumb.jpg.8837b47470903deb401c715803f41f0a.jpg

Underground digging, but why and for what? Phantasialand sure keeps it interesting!

Yeah, I'd completely forgotten this was happening until seeing those photos of the track in place (and still wrapped up in plastic, neat). This is looking and sounding awesome! It seems like my next Europe trip will need yet another visit to Phantasialand.

I am pretty sure that every track that is wrapped up, you will either not see or be surrounded by theming when the ride is finished. Remember, 70% of the budget for this will go into theming(as stated by the park). This will be something special and BIG!

It will cross itself 116 times?!?!?!? Thats INSANE! For those of you who thought Smiler was a mess of track that ride has nothing on this!

Really insane indeed... The Smiler has "only" 52 of them! It's TWICE AS MUCH!

Curious about this 'most intense catapult drive'. Most intense for LSMs, or overall? Because I doubt it's going to be more intense than the S&S launchers. Not that it matters - as far as I'm concerned, this thing is already the best ride of 2016!

It will cross itself 116 times?!?!?!? Thats INSANE! For those of you who thought Smiler was a mess of track that ride has nothing on this!

Really insane indeed... The Smiler has "only" 52 of them! It's TWICE AS MUCH!

I would think that Smiler overlaps itself 52 times, but that the train crosses other tracks 104 times? That would put it in line with this ride's 58 physical crossings and 116 total passes.

I´m still stunned by what´s going on there. This coaster will be built just a few kilometers from where I live and I never expected anything like that to happen. This will be near-miss after near-miss, mixed with intense high-g curves. Now all that´s needed to make it perfect for me would be some nice hills to give it some .

As for the launch: I think this is just marketing speech, and I guess they will only aim for coasters with multiple LSM launches as their "category" in terms of comparing the ride to the rest in the world. There is just no way they can beat a Kingda Ka / Dodonpa Launch. It´s similar to the way they marketed the last drop on Chiapas. The steepest drop on a log flume ride, but only if you count traditional log flumes (which is funny because the only thing about Chiapas that is "traditional" is the seating)...

I would think that Smiler overlaps itself 52 times, but that the train crosses other tracks 104 times? That would put it in line with this ride's 58 physical crossings and 116 total passes.

Nope, I already made the sum ; Smiler has 26 crossings, that makes 52 passes. Here is my source with a drawing (thanks to darKnight for counting!).

So the 116 is just out of this world!

So this ride will be over 1.3 Kiklometers (4.4 thousand feet long) in order to reach the lenght record. Over a 100 Km/h (62 Mph) to have Europe's fastest record in that small space (Small for the stats) so it will have to cross a stunning 58 times (116 passes) this all in a fuly themed ride, and Intamin builds it so 70% sure awesome ride (Admid it even Itmin can have their dips sometimes.) I'm in, this is just a 2 hour drive away so.

This thing looks ridiculous.

I can't wait to see the finished product, once they take the bubble wrap off.

This has the potential to be one of the greatest rides ever created. It might sound like I'm exaggerating, but I don't think so; It looks to have everything; Multiple launches, world-class theming, 116 CROSSES (which is UNREAL!), speed, and intensity (which is guaranteed since it's an Intamin. I can't wait to see the finished product.