TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Phantasialand Discussion Thread

Are you kidding me?? The rocky structure surrounding the support? Is that what the track will be travelling through? This thing is going to be the most themed coaster of the decade at least!

Phantasialand already stated that 70% of the budget will go into theming. Considering a Intamin launcher is not that cheap, I think we will be looking at something incredible. Can not wait for this to be finished.

Are you kidding me?? The rocky structure surrounding the support? Is that what the track will be travelling through? This thing is going to be the most themed coaster of the decade at least!

Phantasialand already stated that 70% of the budget will go into theming. Considering a Intamin launcher is not that cheap, I think we will be looking at something incredible. Can not wait for this to be finished.

I completely forget that part. I remember when I read it I thought we wouldn't get a coaster just another awesome darkride (had a little hope on a darkride coaster), but I completely forgot it when I found out it was this Intamin mean steel. Just how high is the budget on this monster?

Good question. Does anybody know the price for Chiapas ? Because Phantasialand stated, that it will be even more expensive !

So, let`s see what we have : Intamin as the builder, multiple lauches, wonderful soundtrack, good track length, extensive theming for what seems to be a "thrill" coaster, speed beyond 65 mph, a freefall-segment, airtime hills...this could be a recipy for something really outstanding, right ?

So, let`s see what we have : Intamin as the builder, multiple lauches, wonderful soundtrack, good track length, extensive theming for what seems to be a "thrill" coaster, speed beyond 65 mph, a freefall-segment, airtime hills...this could be a recipy for something really outstanding, right ?

Sounds like the recipe for my wet dream. Am I right??

But honestly, I believe any coaster with this combination of elements is going to have to screw up really badly to be bad! Phantasialand have really done something incredibly right!

Freefall segment? Where is that news coming from?

It was rumoured a few pages back, but I have not heard it from any reliable source yet. There were a couple of trick track sections rumoured including one that slides down to the side (not sure of the technical name!)

Freefall segment? Where is that news coming from?

Screamscape seems to know more...

Our source says that the layout they saw had the coaster leave the station and go through a short dark-ride style indoor section before hitting a launch track and going outside and into a figure-8 style element labeled the "Panorama Curve", which is said to look a lot like the elevated figure-8 element on Cheetah Hunt. From here the train will drop into a series of S-curves before entering a building for another dark ride section that looked to include a 10-meter free-fall drop track element, much like Thirteen. Leaving here, the train appeared to load into a tilt-track style element, much like the one on Escape from Gringotts, dropping the train down and into a second launch track, into an Immelman style inversion, a series of overbanked curves, an into either a corkscrew or zero-g-roll inversion before sliding back into the station one again.

Our source also described the trains as looking quite a bit like Skyrush at Hersheypark, seating 4 across with the outer two seats hanging out over the edge of the track. The trains wont be very long however, featuring just 2 cars per train, and each car only having 2 rows, for a total of 16 riders per train.

source: Screamscape

I really doubt these screamscape rumors are reliable. We can already get a pretty good idea of what the track will look like from the pieces that are already there, and considering the lack of space there's not that much more to be expected. As of now, there's no hint whatsoever for a panorama curve, a freefall element, a tilt-track element, a darkride part (albeit possibly a very short one right after the station) or even an inversion let alone two - I sure hope there will be one (a Zero G roll would certainly be great) but the rest is somewhat unlikely. Also the trains will probably have two seats in each row instead of the rumored four, as the launch tunnel is quite narrow.

I personally think something like this:

is more realistic - and to be fair, despite the lack of special elements it already looks fun as hell. (:

It says one launch goes into a panorama curve and the other into an immelman (with a drop track at the beginning of it), but in the photos we have one going into an overbanked curve and the other into/out of a high speed turn.

Who knows, I could be wrong, Screamscape could be wrong.... but like I say, no reliable source has confirmed those elements and a site that is right 'most of the time' isn't reliable IMHO What will be will be... I'm just enjoying the construction pics. There is no point getting our hopes up over things that might not happen

(This is the best picture of the layout so far: http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1575305#p1575305 )

Screamscapes source's are we ourself and admit it we can all send a email to the site telling them how the ride will be, doens't have to be true. However the site does their reachers well but even then 30% of the time they could be very wrong (like obviously with Taron), you can count on Screamscape for rumors but until official reports they don't have facts.

The Soundtrack on Talocan gets better every season, Man this one as well just sends chills on my spine.

On the sad note the park hasn't got it easy apparently, right now their in a fight with their new ride Chiapas as the safety bars jump open during ride time. Earlier this only meant fewer boats as some of them had to be checked out, now even the boats actually do ride have the same problem. Somewhat unexpected of Intamin.

Source (Dutch) and video link to a guy walking on the side of the ride after his safety bar got open during the ride.

taron_infos.jpg.878333e9f69fbee7dfeda477d5c24f22.jpg

New Info. Translation:

* Fastest Multi-Launch Coaster in Europe

* 2 Launches

* "Most intensive LSM Launch in the world" (?)

* Longest Multi-Launch Coaster of it´s type in the world (means: Longer than Cheetah Hunt and Helix > 1400m)

Last one is difficult:

It´s say it has a very "convoluted" high speed layout with 58 Points where the track crosses itself, making 116 of these points. World-Record.

I guess they might make it duel.

Source.