TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Phantasialand Discussion Thread

Yikes! They certainly keep finding ways to make the leg-clearance even smaller, don't they!

I wonder how they'll render the wall - it kind of looks out of place at the moment. Although, of course, a couple of months ago the whole thing just looked like a coaster in a building site - but now look at it!

Robin

So, today it was pretty interesting. Some wire nettings for the bridge from the entry of Deep in Africa to the q-line and the rest are set up. There isn't really much more; there are only just some more steel things lying on the street. They'll be set up for the Immelmann.

Thanks for the artwork. The theming looks absolutely spectacular...this wouldn't look out of place in Disney's Animal Kingdom!!

Is this Germany's first suspended B&M? I think it may be as I can't think of any others at the moment.

This is going to be one spectacular ride. I'm probably visiting Germany this summer so will try and get to PL.

Looks as if there were a pathway under the mountain of the Immelmann. If it would be like that, it'd be very cool. Unfortunately, it looks like there will be no waterfall on the mountain of the loop. But you can walk through it, so that's enough I think

I lovehow we can starts to see the look of the ride developing. Bring on the summer (or whenever this opens)

Yeah, that's the question. I would say it's in the middle of may, because they'll have to do some work on the theming, and that's it. At least I hope so, it would be terryfing if there would be some problems...

Seems pretty short, unless theres more to it than the video shows, drop, loop, zero g roll, turnaround, double corkscrew

It doesn't look thats fast either, I'm not slating it, it's just so many people are raving on about this coaster saying it's better than Nemesis, but it doesn't LOOK better IMO

And it doesn't have that roar that most B&M Inverters have!

Seems pretty short, unless theres more to it than the video shows, drop, loop, zero g roll, turnaround, double corkscrew

It doesn't look thats fast either, I'm not slating it, it's just so many people are raving on about this coaster saying it's better than Nemesis, but it doesn't LOOK better IMO

And it doesn't have that roar that most B&M Inverters have!

Yes, there is much more. Between and after the corkscres there are quite a few fast turns.

Also, I just don't see how people think that is slow. A Batman coaster doesn't look much faster from outside either. Besides that, it's wintertime!

And it doesn't have the "roar" because it's not wanted.

^^How perceptions can differ from each other. I wonder if I saw the same video you are claiming to have seen.

Considering the temperature and the weight of the train during the test run, personally, I was really impressed by the speed.

Concerning the track layout: Either you are fixed on inversions or you missed half the ride because you ignored three banked turns and two helices which are elements as well, imo. In fact, the track is much longer than, lets say, Nemesis Inferno. Whereas this coaster takes not that much more than 30 seconds from top of the lift to the breaks, it's about 50 seconds with Black Mamba. Not that short for a coaster that has no break in the middle.

And to argue about the sound of the train... Come on, that's childish. Considering that Phantasialand has some harsh problems with its neighbours about the noise of the attractions, the silence of the train can only be welcome.

Meanwhile, I'm looking forward to riding this coaster that may be able to give Nemesis a run for its money.

Well from the video I can only see the 1st drop, loop, zero g roll, over banked turn and 2 corkscrews, I can't see any helices or other banked turns!

Who's argueing about the sound? Not me, I just said it doesn't have that roar that other B&M Inverters have! IMO that's not argueing!

Smply watch the beginning of the topic you'll see the whole layout, they added some terrain afterwards, that's why you can't see all. I f you had read the topic from the beginnning you'd know the layout as well as us ...

Anyway layout is Drop loop 0G roll "Immelkid", turn into flatspin, overbanked turn, second flatspin, veeeeeery tight turn very deep in the groud, weird lead out, 270 Helix underground, another weird lead out, right turn, another curvy leadout into a 360° helix going partly underground and then finally a rigght underground turn into the brakes.... One of the moste elaborated inverted B&M layout to this day with nemesis (nemesis has a more original begining whereas BM beats Nemesis on the ending, enough said...)

so Nemesis' last inversion, the ground hugging corkscrew thats very hard to notice and is unbelievebly close to the ground is boring?

And how do you mean, Nemesis' beggining is "original", is that different original or common original, because just off the top of my head, Nemesis and Alpengiest are the only B&M Inverters that don't start with a drop, loop then zero G roll!

I think you over extrapolate my posts. To me Nemesis ground hugging corkscrew is much like BM's last crokscrew, ground hugging too. On one hand, Nemesis "only" does a turn into the brakes after that, on the other hand, BM does a lot of ground hugging and even ground digging elements. It's just better for me.

When I talk about Nemesis beginning being original, I'm of course speaking layout-wise. It's somewhat a "never-seen-before-layout". That's why I say it's better than BM's which has more of a "B&M's classic" layout at the beginning: loop 0G, immelsomewhat.