TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

China Dinosaur Park Discussion Thread

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesn't say it is oficial, and with coaster announcements you sometimes can't even take serious what the company says.

Remember x2?

The press release said it would have tunnels, and showed a render of black trains with fiberglas, it never happened....

Not blaming SF here, but remember you have to be careful with speculation

• 1 month later...

It's not going to be a clone! I asked at WCB, and apparently it'll look pretty much the same as Eejashamalamadingdong in Japan from above, but will have a slightly different layout.

Edit: If I had to guess what will be changed, I'm imagining the full full will be taken out for just a standard back flip ala x2

• 1 month later...

HEIMO has sent us a press release about their latest King Kong installation with Huss, this time at the Changzhou Dinosaur Park.

First HEIMO / HUSS King Kong opens in China

Situated a two hours' drive west from the city centre of Shanghai – the 2010 EXPO city - Dinosaur Park is expanding its ride portfolio massively this season. A whole new themed area opened its doors on April 27.

Monumental and immersive theming sets an indoor roller coaster and a Freefall-Tower in scene. The dominant feature of the new area, however, is the most famous gorilla in the World: King Kong! He is visually so impressive that he has already graced the cover of a Chinese newspaper.

Even in the blockbuster movie King Kong was fighting against the dinosaurs in complex scenes. Here he picks up 24 people sitting inside a railway wagon and lifts them 12m into the air intimidating close to his’ fearsome face. A shuttering roar and both smoke and light effects await park visitors. As Chinese are true fans of themed worlds King Kong has conquered their hearts by storm. Also important was the fact that children from 90cm height are already permitted to participate in the adventure.

The King Kong at Dinosaur Park is the third edition of this attraction concept which was developed in close cooperation with the HUSS Park Attractions GmbH. This truly out of the ordinary family attraction premiered last year at Bobbejaanland, Belgium and only a few months later also at the French park Le Pal. The fourth King Kong figure - adjusted specifically to a scene in a new water adventure ride - was delivered to the Serengeti Park in Northern Germany.

8465503_Changzhou27-1.4.10089.jpg.adb3e10ccefcd712f24ca61cd22a8870.jpg

215971181_KingKong_China_Mai2010.jpg.4b14c51aa0fa4443ef0207d54f2f6445.jpg

• 5 months later...

Hey Guys

Latest news here is that the park has opened the motorbike coaster. The thing that completely slipped past me is that this ride is entirely indoors and features loads of effects and is described as a 3D coaster.

Source: http://travel.ce.cn/news/hyxw/201010/14/t20101014_21889683.shtml

Looks like it could be a nice little ride

1597.photo.4_131.jpg

Layout from the first post in this thread

• 2 months later...

S&S Worldwide has sent us this press release in light of a piece of wrong information recently published in the Chinese press.

S&S Worldwide, Inc. repudiates today’s news report out of Dongguan, China, regarding the 4th Dimension roller coaster to be installed in Changzhou, China, this year. It was erroneously reported in the Dongguan Today news that a local company in Dongguan is “making” the first 4th Dimension coaster in China.

S&S Worldwide, Inc. is the sole owner of the 4th Dimension Coaster technology (through the company’s 2002 acquisition of Arrow Dynamics). Under a contract with Dinosaur Park in Changzhou, China, S&S Worldwide is currently building a 4th Dimension coaster, arguably the most technologically advanced coaster on the planet. As is typical with coaster and amusement ride projects, S&S is contractually responsible for all aspects of the 4th Dimension coaster, including design, engineering, fabrication, and installation oversight and supervision. It was falsely reported that the coaster is being built by Guangdong Qiguang Group Co., Ltd.

S&S Worldwide, Inc. uses a large number of subcontractors and suppliers in a project as massive and complex as a 4th Dimension coaster, including Robeta Technologies, Chicago Gear, and Qiguang (who is the vendor responsible for fabrication of the coaster’s track, in cooperation with their Canadian partner, DSL). None of these subcontractors and suppliers are responsible for more than supplying certain limited components for the coaster, none of them are responsible for the design and engineering of the coaster, and none of them hold any rights to the intellectual property of the coaster’s mechanical design.

The 4th Dimension coaster is unlike traditional coasters, where trains only parallel the track, as the 4th Dimension seats extend off of the track to the sides of the vehicle and allow the passengers to be independently rotated head over heels and forward and backward. The passengers go screaming around a 3,600-foot maze of steel track aboard massive wing-shaped trains, and the ride’s 360-degree rotating seats move the passengers independently, creating head-first, face- down drops, and unique “don’t know what to expect next” excitement.

“This coaster is so amazing that it is not surprising that a vendor might want to take credit for it in their local news,” said Kevin Rohwer, Vice President of Sales and Marketing for S&S. “However, it is important to the integrity of the amusement industry that S&S immediately correct any misconceptions that may have been caused by the false and misleading news report in China. We are very excited about this project and are looking forward to the opening of this great attraction for the people of China.”

This sounds to me like how generic drugs are. S&S had Meisho make Eejanaika, and this one is fabricated by Qiguang. And Arrow itself fabricated X2. So, all three should supposedly have the same quality and such. I hope. I did like X2, but from what I've read here on TPR, Eejanaika wasn't as good

• 5 weeks later...

These seem to have popped up while I was away. Some nice photos of the track have arrived on various Chinese news sites

Not much news but shows things are moving on

Sources:

http://news.sun0769.com/town/ss/t20110110_969564.shtml

http://gcontent.oeeee.com/5/40/54072f485cdb7897/Blog/bb1/30856e.html

http://news.timedg.com/2010-12/31/content_733854.htm

Poor S&S, with all the business they're doing in China they must realize that they don't really enforce or care about IP Rights!!!!

IE: The hundreds of iPhone knockoffs that came pouring out of China via Ebay.

I'm happy for S&S standing their ground, as they should! I know how the Chinese market works as I work for a company that uses a Chinese vendor for our electronic component manufacturing and IP stealing is a business in itself over there.

• 4 months later...