TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

[NL] Boss inspired wooden coaster

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^Thanks

Why are you doing custom lateral supports? I understand customizing supports in low turns or parts where the prefabs don't go, but why would you want to do the entire supports but the ones under the track?

The track looks like crap and is pretty unrealistic if you don't put lateral supports at all. The ones under the track determine where catwalks go, and the default ledgers, and they serve as a guideline for the rest of the supports imo. Also, on another ride of mine I'm completely custom supporting it with even the supports under the track custom. It's going to be a long project...

The auto supporter doesn't make lateral supports at any height. It makes wide supports which help the ride stand vertically, but you need angled supports slanted towards the ride to keep the lateral forces tolerable.

The ride looks a hell of a lot better with custom supports.

Very nice job so far, and great job on the supports. The ride itself looks great with a good combination of drops and hills, although this coaster looks more like Fireball at Happy Valley than Boss. Great job so far, and can't wait to see the final design.

Airtime - wow, I'm a dork &Gravity

Very nice job so far, and great job on the supports. The ride itself looks great with a good combination of drops and hills, although this coaster looks more like Fireball at Happy Valley than Boss. Great job so far, and can't wait to see the final design.

Airtime - wow, I'm a dork &Gravity

Thanks. It started with a strictly CCI mentality but then the shaping kinda drifted into the general wooden category. I guess I'm not going to name it by any specific company but it was inspired by Boss.

• 4 months later...

Update:

Due to school and work, I haven't really had much time to work on this project. I've gotten to the crest of the lift hill with wide supports, and I've been working on the first turnaround's lateral supports. Here's a few pics of the turnaround.