TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

NEWS: Woman groped on Tower of Terror at Disneyland Resort

What a scumbag... People like him need to stay the hell home. I hope on behalf of the victim this jerk is put in a cage with all the other animals who do this kind of thing.

well, they are sort of already in a cage.

But that is completely unacceptable. I hope he gets sued.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

^^ lol... I'm not sure this thread is the place for that. Now I feel bad cause I laughed at the cats and then I reread women groped on ride and I felt bad for laughing.

^ Leash people suck. I have no problem with people carrying a kid or kids in strollers(as long as the pusher is not in everyones way) but leashes suck. I just feel bad for the kids if it has to come to that. I'm gonna start an anti leash group on facebook right now.

creepy? yes. innappropriate? highly. would i be pissed if I were in her? yes. I would probably want blood as well, but overall i also think she's being highly sensitive to something that for the most part was a harmless act and dwelling on it is just going to cause her more harm then good. She should be thankful it was only a quick cop of her boob and nothing more. i do feel some pitty for her but I just think that she's taking to far in her own mind.

I know the picture was taken to identify the boob grabber, but when you look at it, it looks like he's waving hi to her. Or trying a lame pick up line.

I don't think it was appropriate for him to do that. Yes I do think she's overreacting, but by making a report with Disney security and local police, thats all she can do at the moment. I highly doubt this guy will be caught. He could be a local, or an out of towner. If he is caught, I don't think anything major will come from it. Yeah she could sue him for emotional distress, but he won't be going to jail for 10 years either.

Hahahaha. If I was the woman I'd simply go on having that funny story of "remember that time I got my boob grabbed on that ride?"

Sure it's creepy. But it's also stupid, and funny. And not worth being all over national news.

Wonder what your reaction would be if it was your mom, your sister, your wife or your daughter?

Thank you, Bob. I'm glad there's some people in here that get it.

I might be misunderstood. No one in this thread is saying that a creepy douche molesting an innocent chick is funny.

Actually, he pretty much did imply that it was funny.

Funny? Kind of.

Life is too short to get offended by silly things like this. Laugh a little.

And you did too.

This story isn't insignificant at all. For starters, on the simplest of terms, the woman's whole day at the park was ruined. Stop and put yourself in her shoes for a minute and think about that. How many of you have had days at a park ruined over much lesser things? Hell, I've read rants about MANY park-related issues that WEREN'T ACTUAL CRIMES.

To me, this jacka$$ was exhibiting the type of behavior that could escalate into much worse crimes later. They say that many criminals start out small and move into more serious territory as they get bolder and more confident.

Warning signs exist for a reason. There is absolutely nothing wrong with acting on them when they occur to prevent further damage in the future. If this a$$clown were to go on to become a serial rapist, looking back on that picture won't seem so "funny" then will it?

Sexual Assault

Sexual Assault occurs when the act is intentional and is committed either by a) physical force, violence, threat, or intimidation; b) ignoring the objections of another person; c) causing another's intoxication or impairment through the use of drugs or alcohol; or d) taking advantage of another person's incapacitation, state of intimidation, helplessness, or other inability to consent.

And lest you think public groping isn't, or can't become a serious issue, click here or here.

The "boob credit" thing can be humorous and amusing amongst friends, but outside the realm of TPR, it's not a laughing matter at all. I'm with certain others who have posted here. Some of the responses in this thread were downright disappointing.

The more I read these posts, the more bummed I get about my favorite and most down-to-earth forum. I think I'll just exit gracefully from this thread before Robb needs to come in and clean up the mess.

Say what?? Why does Robb need to come "clean up"? No one is cursing or offending? We ARE still talking about a mere b00b grab here right?

Any of you ever go to a dance club? Given the "high morals" lot here, clubbing is probably "the devil"...simply walking up to the bar at a crowded club can get your booty pinched (among other things)...some things need to simply be written off! I'll still stick by my thoughts that this lady is making a mountain out of a mole hill (no pun intended).

As for the "rapist"...the guy HAD to be a local..possibly an annual passholder, simply because he MUST'VE known the EXACT time the lights would go out to time the "b00bie grab" perfectly! No 1st time rider from out of town would've thought of doing something like that at the spur of the moment.

Any of you ever go to a dance club? Given the "high morals" lot here, clubbing is probably "the devil"...simply walking up to the bar at a crowded club can get your booty pinched (among other things)...some things need to simply be written off! I'll still stick by my thoughts that this lady is making a mountain out of a mole hill (no pun intended).

So you're comparing the "clubbing" atmosphere to riding the Tower of Tower with your family? There's a stretch.

^I guess my point was there are booby grabbing, booty pinching ma$$h0les EVERYWHERE...yes, even at DisneyLand...I'm sure there's another thread specializing in bad theme park experiences & how a "guest" made a scene, fought, etc. Some of you (not YOU personally) go as far as wanting to have this guys ballz cut off?!?! Geez, a little steep on a mere b00by grab!

We all would react differently...putting myself in her shoes & MY wife was groped on the tower of terror...my wife would promptly tell me about it & being the New Yorker that I am, I'd promptly get myself kicked out of the park for kicking that guy's a$$ right there on the ride! This lady seems she's making national news to get some kind of handout from disney...maybe 15-minutes of fame!

I go back to EXITING the TOT, the rows are exited from top to bottom ONE row at a time...he was RIGHT in front of her...if she really wanted him "caught" she could've told the ride op just prior to his row exiting...not wait to purchase the on-ride pic to try to identify this guy!...back me up previous TOT riders? Am I right?

We all would react differently...putting myself in her shoes & MY wife was groped on the tower of terror...my wife would promptly tell me about it & being the New Yorker that I am, I'd promptly get myself kicked out of the park for kicking that guy's a$$ right there on the ride! This lady seems she's making national news to get some kind of handout from disney...maybe 15-minutes of fame!

I go back to EXITING the TOT, the rows are exited from top to bottom ONE row at a time...he was RIGHT in front of her...if she really wanted him "caught" she could've told the ride op just prior to his row exiting...not wait to purchase the on-ride pic to try to identify this guy!...back me up previous TOT riders? Am I right?

Yes, different people "would react differently." As for why she waited, I imagine shock and fear might've played a role. As for "getting some sort of handout from disney," are you implying that she shouldn't have reported being groped simply because it happened at Disney?

Like Scott and Bob, I am a bit disappointed over some of the responses in this thread. These are the sorts of attitudes that actually support rotten behavior in public.

^^ You're right about the way they exit. However, as you suggested, everyone would handle the situation differently. I'm with you. Had it been my wife, I too would probably have ended up being ejected from the park for handing out a beatdown.

BUT, in truth, we don't know ALL the facts, and exactly how everything transpired. In other words, there's probably a million different things that were running through her mind at the point that it all happened. Even when the ride stopped and the lights were on, I'm willing to bet there was a point of "shock" in her.

I can imagine her state of mind thinking many different things. For instance, I could easily picture her not wanting to outwardly accuse a stranger in front of everyone without positive physical evidence. To say the least, it's an awkward moment for everyone involved, and some people just aren't courageous enough to act out on what their heart or brain is telling them to do.

Many times, especially in the case of women being violated, there's the fear of persecution should they be wrong, or as said before, not having solid evidence to back up their claim.

It sounds to me that this all happened in a flash, and until she actually saw the picture on the screen, she wasn't willing or confident enough to make the claim. As for "wanting 15 minutes," I'm not willing to subscribe to that theory. Somehow I doubt this is how she wants to be remembered. She simply feels violated, and wants justice.....which is understandable.

EDIT: Chuck beat me to it.

You're going to some really crappy clubs full of meat heads and frat boys if this sort of behavior is normal.

^ Yeah, even groping in a dance club, if it is unwanted, is illegal. Too bad the douchebag wasn't caught at least. Even a minor crime is still a crime, and he invaded her personal space and infringed on her rights. I feel bad that her day at the park was ruined by this, and merely hope she can move on and not have it ruin themeparks for her in general.

-James Dillaman

Had this been someone I know personally, I'd issue an @$$ whoopin', so I don't really think anyone here is overreacting. I remember this past rainy friday I went to Disneyland while walking through the bagcheck I was asked to open MY jacket, despite the fact NO ONE ELSE walking through was asked to do so. That small inconvenience which I hope and am sure was not racially motivated-but it still irked me. And it affected the rest of my day. And I feel for this woman who had to wait in line for a ride to have a good time, just to have her goodies grabbed.

I don't think she is pursuing any type of handout. Some alledgedly invaded her personal space, and that's one thing I consider to take seriously. If you're in a club or a party or bar, you know the animal you're taking on and not that it grants someone permission to do it there, but no one goes to a Disney park thinking they're going to be molested. More importantly no one should have to. Disney should go after this guy with guns blazing to assure the public that this is behavior they will not tolerate and will come after you for.

And for the record, Kid leashes are stupid. If your kid won't listen or stay put, you don't need to take them out to a park.

Thank you to all the men that have deemed a "boob grab" as deplorable behavior. Among friends...it's fine. I understand that. There are 2 consenting adults. But when a complete stranger does it, it is certainly not funny. IT IS A VIOLATION. When a strange man inappropriately touches a woman, there are so many things that go through a woman's head, surprise, shock, embarrassment, shame. She has to process all that to figure out what to do.

A lot of men just don't get how vulnerable a woman is. Most men can overpower us and do whatever they want. An unwanted "boob grab" is just a prelude to that.

I was in a similar situation in college in the library. Once the guy touches you, your mind is gone. The rest of the day is spent looking over your shoulder wondering if he's following you, where he is, and what could possibly happen. And what did I do to have him touch me? I was simply sitting at a table studying.

National newsworthy? No. But it is has to be newsworthy in order to get the guy and bring attention to all you other men that this is not right. And please understand, it is not a laughing matter, and the women do not "ask for it". That's just B.S.

Inappropriate touch is never funny. Period. People are judging this girl's reaction, without knowing her history. What if she was a victim of sexual assault in the past? Has she been sexually abused? We do not know the answers to these questions, so we probably should not be judging the girl's decisions and actions.

For the guys out there - what if the guy reached over and grabbed your manhood? Would you laugh? Think it is funny? Find the situation a bit exagerated? I know I wouldn't.

I think that when society deems these things funny, we have taken a step closer to the bottom of the barrell. Sadly this disappoints me.

As for Disneyland's response - I do hope he is caught and not allowed to return. Ever. In fact I hope he gets his day in court and punished to the full extent of the law for this CRIME.

For those who don't see the inappropriateness of this act a total stranger doing this I have these question.

What's the difference between this occurence or if a cast member in costume cops a feel on a little girl in the park?

I'm not trying to be a prude here, but what to know where some people draw the line.

What's the difference between this occurence or if a cast member in costume cops a feel on a little girl in the park?

That was always one concern of mine while I was in costume. I never wanted a parent to say that I touched a child innappropriately as I was giving them a hug, high five or whatever.

I did have a male guest pick me up, sqeeze me so hard I couldn't breathe, then yell "Pepe has boobs!!!" Unfortunately I didn't get a picture of him, nor did anyone else see the incident actually happen. One of my co-workers saw the man hugging me, and screamed at him to put me down. He barely got a description, but we just filed a report with security and with supervisors of our department.