TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

NEWS: Woman groped on Tower of Terror at Disneyland Resort

It is sad that this has to be posted, but thanks to jerks like the one being searched for, this kind of stuff makes the headlines.

http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktla-disneyland-groper,0,3029915.story

ANAHEIM -- Anaheim police are searching for a man who allegedly groped a woman on the "Tower of Terror" ride at Disney's California Adventure theme park which is adjacent to Disneyland.

The victim, Christina Esquivel, was on the ride with her daughter Friday when she says someone grabbed her breast just as the lights dimmed, Sgt. Rick Martinez said. The dimming of the lights is a normal part of the ride.

Esquivel claims the person who groped her was a man sitting to her left across the aisle, and she says she pushed his hand away.

When the ride ended, Esquivel reported the assault to a Disneyland worker who alerted security who then called police, Martinez said.

"By this time the guy was already in the wind," Martinez said.

Photos are routinely taken of passengers on the ride and detectives are hoping they will help catch the suspect.

Esquivel says she has a photo that was taken when the lights came back on. In it she can be seen with a stunned expression on her face, and she says the man across the aisle from her, with his arm stretched out toward her, is the man who groped her.

Esquivel says she wants people to see the photo and help detectives determine his identity.

"It's not right," she told KTLA. "I didn't do anything to deserve it, and he needs to pay for it."

Anaheim police also obtained a copy of the picture from Disney security and are working to help identify the suspect.

Officials at Disneyland say they do not tolerate such behavior.

51984539.jpg.aff642288e76f336603fc5fb4d96402d.jpg

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This made national news??? Really???

This probably isn't even a felony. Yeah, the guy's a creep and should have his day in court if found, but I just don't see how this is national news.

Note: I've been groped in public by random drunk strangers of the opposite sex in an even more personal place than this. It was annoying, but I wouldn't have even dreamed of calling the police over it.

Note: I've been groped in public by random drunk strangers of the opposite sex in an even more personal place than this. It was annoying, but I wouldn't have even dreamed of calling the police over it.

You danced at a strip club???

This made national news??? Really???

This probably isn't even a felony. Yeah, the guy's a creep and should have his day in court if found, but I just don't see how this is national news.

It's because it's at Disney. Anything minor happens at Disney or a ride get's stuck at any park and it's national news. WHY? Because it doesn't happen very often.

I wouldn't be surprised to hear of this in the city, but disneyland? C'mon some buttholes are just acting more and more rediculous each day...

edit: To ginzo this made news because imagine if the daughter was the one in the seat instead of this man. What if next time someone just decides rather than a quick grope to try to do something even worse? This is a place for little innocent kids really and for someone to act not only in such a adult way, but an evil way too. It just shows how tainted things are now a days.

edit:\/I agree with ajniaz.... How bout we ride haunted mansion so I can smash your nuts? Would you wanna hold onto me after?\/

Hahahaha. If I was the woman I'd simply go on having that funny story of "remember that time I got my boob grabbed on that ride?"

Sure it's creepy. But it's also stupid, and funny. And not worth being all over national news.

Wonder what your reaction would be if it was your mom, your sister, your wife or your daughter?

Seriously, I LAUGHED really hard upon reading the article.

some of you REALLY need to lighten up! She looks kinda-sorta cute in that pic..not that I'd cop a feel when the lights would go dark..after all, when you exit the ride, don't you come out in rows? If anything she should have grabbed hold of the guy & told the ride op right then & there on the way out.

let's see if due to this incident, this means the ride won't go completely dark anymore (that would stink)

Seriously, I LAUGHED really hard upon reading the article.

some of you REALLY need to lighten up! She looks kinda-sorta cute in that pic..not that I'd cop a feel when the lights would go dark..after all, when you exit the ride, don't you come out in rows? If anything she should have grabbed hold of the guy & told the ride op right then & there on the way out.

let's see if due to this incident, this means the ride won't go completely dark anymore (that would stink)

Wow. Just wow.

The Dad in me is just sad to see this from a member here.

Sure, this happens. But regardless, there's a difference between crap like that happening at Disney vs. happening on the street somewhere. Or even Disney vs. Kings Island...I dunno that it's really national news-worthy, but a Disney property should be one of the last places to have to think about it.

at Disney's California Adventure theme park which is adjacent to Disneyland.

And not that I expected otherwise, but it's interesting to see an Anaheim paper still feel it needs to associate DCA with it's big brother. I know DCA's struggled with establishing its own identity, but let's hope this isn't the event that makes the distinction between the two click for people.

This is not that big of a deal. Creepy? Yes. Funny? Kind of. Devastating? No.

THANK YOU! Geez...people are acting like the guy RAPED her for corn's sake!

Ah! The old power in numbers trick. This woman was with her little girl when this happened. It's beyond me how the word "funny" could even appear in this thread unless we were talking about the guy being thrown off the top of the ride. The more I read these posts, the more bummed I get about my favorite and most down-to-earth forum. I think I'll just exit gracefully from this thread before Robb needs to come in and clean up the mess.

Hahahaha. If I was the woman I'd simply go on having that funny story of "remember that time I got my boob grabbed on that ride?"

Sure it's creepy. But it's also stupid, and funny. And not worth being all over national news.

Wonder what your reaction would be if it was your mom, your sister, your wife or your daughter?

More confused than angry. Don't get me wrong, I do think it's inappropriate, but I also think the idea of this being pushed as a horrible and traumatic story pointless and dumb. The guy's just a douche.