TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

NEWS: Wet'n'Wild Gold Coast to add four AquaLoops in 2010

It seems that the amusement industry is fully embracing the AquaLoop with more parks adding them to their list of attractions. Wet'n'Wild on the Gold Coast seems to be the next in line, upping the ante with the addition of four new slides to their park.

http://themeparknewsdirect.com/australia-and-new-zealand/2010/wetnwild-confirms-aqualoop-additions

Wet'n'Wild on the Gold Coast has confirmed that they will be installing four AquaLoop water slides in 2010.

The ride begins with riders standing in a small chamber fitted with a trap door, which opens up at the touch of a button. Once triggered, riders are sent down a steep descent at more than 60 kilometres per hour before flying through an angled loop.

The slides will be supplied by the Canadian manufacturer WhiteWater West.

The ride will be the first of its kind in Australia and will be the park's first addition since the Kamikaze was introduced in 2008.

Although the opening date for the slides is currently unknown, it is likely that construction will start within a few months.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'd been meaning to post about this on here...

It was in the Local papers about a little while back:

http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/2009/12/30/174191_gold-coast-news.html

Warner Village Theme Parks chief executive officer Tim Fisher said the Aqua Loop would be open in time for the September school holidays.

"It will be the only one like it, with four loops," said Mr Fisher.

Warner Village owns Movie World, Sea World and Wet'n'Wild.

Movie World business unit manager Bob White said a smaller version of the Aqua Loop would also be constructed for those who wanted to 'make sure they were up for it' before climbing on board the new water slide thrill ride.

The smaller aqua loop sounds kind of wierd, but regardless I think this will do wonders for the park. I like the fact four of them are going in, that means around 500pph which is pretty good for a water park attraction.

Interesting too to look back at the photo Robb took at IAPPA. When Robb posted that the hidden bit of the poster said "Village Roadshow" I had guessed the "4 x" had meant they had ordered 4 of them, with two going to WnW on the Gold Coast , one to Hawaii and one to Phoenix. Never would've I imagined all four coming to the Gold Coast:

Has anyone on this board actually ridden one of the German AquaLoops?

I ask because I drove by the Dells the other day, and Noah's Ark is installing theirs by removing one of their Point of No Return speed slides. I'm a little excited to get down there this upcoming summer and check it out.

• 6 months later...

Just a little update, but these slides are nearing completion:

AQL1.jpg.908404807997a634d81b4aea3e695cb5.jpg

AQL2.jpg.fad92de2c9a1d418c42610ca1b844928.jpg

AQL4.png.ab7d4ac7910d7671946ac8e65a9760c0.png

For those not willing to try the full sized slides straight away, they've also added one of those mini Hyper Drop slides like the one seen at IAPPA.

AQL3.jpg.4109bb729f6ea1d075c498096c9775ad.jpg

The full gallery, which follows from the earlier stages of construction, is available here.

Very interesting...I didn't realize they were doing two different slides. Two 'near' loops, and two 'not as near' loops. Very cool.

I guess the photo angle makes the orange and green ones look flatter, but all 4 are the same when viewed in person.