TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Jason's Disney Theme Park Stuff

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update on Mike's Jealous-o-Meter - that Star Tours opening night ticket is on top at the moment.

Oh, man, then you don't even want to hear that mine went in the dumpster. I had that ticket (well, the stub at least) and the one to the Star Tours 60 hour (or was it 72?) party from the opening weekend.

I was a huge Star Tours fanboy when it opened as that was the "new ride" when I worked at the park and collected everything I could from it and attended every event they offered.

I'm not even sure I have anything left from that ride at all!

--Robb

Ouch, Robb! Being a big Star Wars fan (I count myself as lucky that I was exactly the right impressionable age when the Special Editions were released, and so got to see them in the cinema), Star Tours was pretty much the first ride I remember going on at Disneyland Paris, and so any version has nostalgic value for me.

Impressive collection! Great to see such items being well cared for!

Here is a sample of my collection

1958611005_xmas2009008.jpg.9d9f0dc79ab32ec232b3aff26b108edf.jpg

First up is a sign from Busch Gardens to Celebrate Big Bad Wolfs 25th Anniversary 1984 - 2009 :-( Also a Vintage Pendant from Cedar Point which features Demon Drop and Advalance Run!

1743552955_xmas2009007.jpg.a4a92e190003b2918e54d56d1eb6f085.jpg

A Pendant from Circus World

1098194355_xmas2009012.jpg.b89419e2d224609523c30ff825847960.jpg

The Front Bumper off of Trailblazer at Hershey. Also have a few Wheel Caps from the ride and a Spindel off of Sidewinder

8885909_xmas2009011.jpg.f3c14e17aced5f7fd2cc80b6bdb67c35.jpg

Here is two thimbs one is from Circus World the other from Busch Gardens the Old Country

836829752_xmas2009009.jpg.cab0d70f05bf4cfebb062ef67c2f0328.jpg

A few more Pendants Top is Walt Disney World 2nd is Future World Epcot Center, 3rd if Six Flags Over Texas, and last is South of the Border.

1714862669_xmas2009002.jpg.1eb8b4ecc17ed221089cb1b50aa65fb6.jpg

Ok this was interesting while helping clean the Platform of the Bluestreak this past summer I found the Inspection / Checklist sheet from the last day the Blue Streak operated (With my signature of Approval for that day!)

1676075461_xmas2009006.jpg.ff25de0aaa82bd802cc6321175d29ffc.jpg

The First 100 years of Conneaut Lake Park (A very rare book to find)

315046674_xmas2009005.jpg.101b091afa32b9390efa0fa973500a4f.jpg

Here is a map of the now defunct Six Flags New Orleans

1884052611_xmas2009004.jpg.446a8ccc517609d10c70b9b7399dcae8.jpg

Finally my only Historical Disney Item a 1988 Disneyland guide.

^Holy crap, a full Disneyland box is unheard of among non-sports card collectors! Guess there are four boxes known to exist now! It's up over $500 with more than a week left to go. If anyone needs something to get me for my birthday this year....

Up to $665 now. Here is the link for those interested. http://cgi.ebay.com/DISNEY-1965-DONRUSS-DISNEYLAND-FULL-WAX-NON-SPORT-BOX_W0QQitemZ110487535847QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item19b99200e7

I recommend you starting your own thread that showcases your great collection instead of hijacking someone else's thread!

Looks like cool stuff. People would probably love to see it, but it will most likely get buried in a different thread than if it was on it's own.

--Robb

Thanks for sharing your collection!

I had a box full of WDW stuff, from my trip in 1978, including an unused E ticket. I hauled that box from move to move for 15 years, and then decided to toss it about 12 years ago, when I had little use for anything Disney related.

Of course, now I absolutely hate myself for it!

I recommend you starting your own thread that showcases your great collection instead of hijacking someone else's thread!

Looks like cool stuff. People would probably love to see it, but it will most likely get buried in a different thread than if it was on it's own.

--Robb

Thanks. I didn't really see the point of starting my own thread as I don't have as much, so I figured since this was on the topic of collections.

I hauled that box from move to move for 15 years, and then decided to toss it about 12 years ago, when I had little use for anything Disney related.

Of course, now I absolutely hate myself for it!

I completely feel your pain. I shed most of my 20-year collection (1990-2000) of TV Guides during this move, and I have a feeling I'm going to come to regret it eventually. But something had to go, and they a.) were heavy, b.) took up a lot of space, and c.) seemed the most expendable.

I often wonder if any of the stuff I saved when working for WDW in the mid-90's is worth anything today. I have a few nametags (basic oval and the first series which included your hometown at the bottom- the last ones before the circle popped out of the top). I also have the full-color Eyes & Ears announcing ToT (Studios) and its Previews. I know I have more than that- but its in a box at my parents house 200 miles away.

^I paid between $5 and $10 each for the nametags I have. I think I got the 2004 CM publications for something like $4 for the box, but it was a package deal from a guy I bought a lot of other stuff from (including the Imagineering pass, which I paid quite a bit for) at the same time, so he cut me a big break. I can see the ones from the mid-'90s going for at least $5 each, maybe $10 for the full-color TOT one.

Just my opinion, of course. I certainly don't claim to be an expert when it comes to pricing these things. As my grandfather used to say, everything is only worth what you can get for it.

• 4 weeks later...

I finally got my computer hooked up at the new place and wanted to add a couple photos I had saved on there that I didn't have access to before. Still have a couple more sign photos, but they're hard copies, so I'll have to find them before I can scan them... don't count on that happening any time soon!

c7colle.JPG.ddf38eed2193b919b38f5c9253a31714.JPG

My ex-girlfriend gave me this fancy paper towel from the bathroom at Disneyland's exclusive Club 33 for our last Christmas together.

drum.jpg.38a34064e063bb553c63b6347c83a7c9.jpg

And finally, the creme de la creme, my park-used Disneyland bass drum head! My parents gave it to me for Christmas several years ago, when this picture was taken. Because it's so difficult to get in and out of the box with all the packing peanuts and because I don't want to risk damaging it, that's the only day it's ever been out of its box. I looked into getting it framed with UV glass at Michael's... but that costs more than my dad actually paid for the thing!