TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Paultons Park Needs Your Help

Last year both Cobra and Edge faced having to be removed due to an error in planning regulations. At a planning committee meeting the park was told they could not keep the rides and would have to remove them.

In December the park appealed to keep Cobra. This time it was given retrospective planning permission. However Edge still doesn't have planning permission at the park has received orders to dismantle the ride. They have now begun the appeal process to save Edge.

I've received an email from the park asking for the help of coaster enthusiasts. They're asking for people to write to the National Parks Authority or make comments via the NPA website voicing support for Edge.

They've created a section on their website explaining the background to the problems. The site also gives info on who you need to contact to show support.

http://www.paultonspark.co.uk/2009/info ... eedge.html

Edited by SharkTums

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Done, my comments are below.

As a fan and supporter of smaller Amusement Parks throughout the UK, I feel that any type of addition which brings in new visitors and support from the Tourist Authority is great for the park, on the basis that the Park operates as a Lawful Amusement Park and this entitles the park to place further attractions without planning application for each unit, the fact that this does not apply to The Edge as it is positioned on a piece of land which has not been used by the park for 10 years is a bit of a bizarre reason for declining the application, if I did not use my garden for 10 years then suddenly decided to build a structure below the requirements for planning approval would this be an issue? I think not, please give this park planning approval, we already have enough issues with parks not being able to build rides due to either noise restraints or height restraints, this is affecting our tourism which will thus affect visitor numbers. Thank You

I may have only been once to Paultons, but I found it a nice little park which needed a boost in visitor numbers, the addition of new rides will help with that, so I am all for it.

I also submitted comments.

I think it's important to point out that this is NOT one of those "useless internet petitions" and the form was VERY easy to fill out. It took me about 90 seconds to fill out and submit.

There's no excuse why everyone at TPR can't fill this out!

Even if you simply say "I support keeping The Edge" that's better than not filling this out!

--Robb

I also submitted comments.

I think it's important to point out that this is NOT one of those "useless internet petitions" and the form was VERY easy to fill out. It took me about 90 seconds to fill out and submit.

There's no excuse why everyone at TPR can't fill this out!

Even if you simply say "I support keeping The Edge" that's better than not filling this out!

--Robb

Agreed, It is an official Local Council petition form which goes directly to the local planning authority, lets make a difference people!!!!

As it's my local park I can't afford not to support this.. I hope they get to keep the ride as there isn't enough parks on the south coast as it is !

I have added my comments.. Please everybody pledge your support.. the form couldn't be any easier to fill out !

Thank You

If TPR is coming nearby this summer I shall pop along too as it's only 15 mins away from me !

I have submitted a comment/petition entry as well. I think an established attraction needs to be considered grandfathered, especially considering removing attractions could mean loss of jobs. This is a problem worldwide, especially for lower income employees such as ride operators.

I submitted my support for the proposal yesterday. I'm fed up of a few ruining the fun for many. I'm looking forward to visiting the park in the summer and it would be nice if they could spend their money on improving the park further rather than retracing their steps.

Come on TPR, show your support!!!

Dave

Submited.

I *really* hope this works. As someone has already said. The form was really easy to fill and with so many enthusiasts out there I wouldn't be surprised if we actually make the Edge stay.

I have never been to Paulton's but it looks such a nice park. Sure it's not aimed at thrill.-seekers, but we need to bear in mind that kids and families need these "softer" parks as well.

Alright, I filled it out. I told them that park income can stimulate local income as well. It would be foolish to remove a popular ride. People can never see the big picture!

I made a similar comment and also a comment about how more thrilling rides at the park will keep patrons in the area and keep their amusement dollars in the community.

Alright, I filled it out. I told them that park income can stimulate local income as well. It would be foolish to remove a popular ride. People can never see the big picture!

I made a similar comment and also a comment about how more thrilling rides at the park will keep patrons in the area and keep their amusement dollars in the community.

great minds think alike

I just didn't see your post, sorry!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Good news, the planning authority decided this morning to grant planning consent for Edge. So it can stay and won't have to be moved.

The park has asked me to pass on their thanks to the coaster enthusiast community for their help and support. The comments left on the website helped.