TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What Was the Last Beer You Drank?

robbalvey

I've been raving a lot about the high quality of Norwegian Craft Beer, but the other day I had a bottle of Vikingr Pale Ale from Gulating and my god was this thing horrible! Absolutely disgusting stuff! After this picture was taken I had one more sip and I then poured it in the sink. It's been a very long time since I've not finished a beer, but this time there was just no way!

Fortunately I had a can from Nøgne Ø to take the taste away...

20160912_201507-1_resized.jpg.361a63b09c86e3d9aea01243e408e479.jpg

Duff beer at Moe's Tavern in Universal Studios Hollywood. Really good!

I know that the Florida Beer Company brews the Duff they serve at Universal Orlando (and it's pretty good). Who brews Hollywood's version?

Duff beer at Moe's Tavern in Universal Studios Hollywood. Really good!

I know that the Florida Beer Company brews the Duff they serve at Universal Orlando (and it's pretty good). Who brews Hollywood's version?

You know, I'm really not sure. I asked the bartender, and all she would say is that it's locally brewed exclusively for Universal Studios. So she either didn't know or wasn't allowed to say. All the official sources say it's local, proprietary, and exclusive, but nothing more specific. Kind of mysterious.

If I had to guess, I'd say the most likely candidate is Ballast Point, as they're one of the larger microbreweries in SoCal, and have a large enough factory to supply the substantial volume USH would require. But that's just a guess; I really don't know.

Monday was the German national day, so I figured it was a good time to try the German Pale Ale from Nøgne Ø Brewery. A light beer, very refreshing, but I prefer beers with a bit stronger flavours. Good, but a bit bland...

Clipboard01.thumb.jpg.0783bd1f3f9ab104ea160c164f619a6e.jpg

^Mmmm... That is definitely a local favorite around here! Have you had their limited edition Backwoods Bastard? It blows that (and most beers) out of the water! Definitely Top 3 beer I've ever had, if not the best!

Nope--but I look forward to trying it.

Lickinghole 'Til Sunset Session IPA at Busch Gardens last night.

245ba1e05faf0d5eef5f9be5e8a4e347.jpg

I rather liked it. It's not as bitter as your average IPA and quite smooth. Not my favorite, but a good draft beer.

Currently drinking a raspberry beer from Kinn Brewery. Quite good, but not my favorite style of beer.

1997311448_Brl75_glass_websize.thumb.png.04922d0b703d3104aea4d8e369c479aa.png

However I had a really good beer yesterday, Bæver Double White IPA from Ægir/Beavertown Brewery. This one I really liked!

Had quite a few last night, most notably:

IMAG2958.thumb.jpg.3ca7ea345400e2f665fa54ceb614e262.jpg

Made by Woodchuck, and surprisingly dank.

Also this stuff tastes just like key lime pie. Yeah sounds disgusting, I know. It was incredibly delicious.

8A56E8CB-04BE-4E55-84CD-0CBF9E1137CB_zpssa2lqtyg_1.jpg.07d056f8a2170a1217882b4638b107f5.jpg

Not my picture