TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What Was the Last Beer You Drank?

robbalvey

I'm going to Beer Camp for the next 12 beers.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410508953.233164.thumb.jpg.fcfadef337e9d8a3927e259f7f201da9.jpg

My first taste of Beer Camp is Yvan the Great Belgian Style Blonde featuring Russian River Brewing Co in Santa Rosa, CA.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410508985.035181.thumb.jpg.2fab69caa62e382cde49ef8a4f900af9.jpg

Sierra Nevada is collaborating with 12 different breweries for this Beer Camp mix pack I picked up at BevMo.

^Very interesting!

Although my taste in beers is a bit limited so I'm not sure if I would care for some of those. I am not a big fan of Belgian ales, fruit-flavored beers or wheats/hefs. I can manage an oatmeal, chocolate stout, pumpkin ale or porter...but usually no more than one. Now if they did one of all different kinds of IPA's, I would be sold.

Currently, I have the Sierra Nevada Fall 12 pack that has Oktoberfest, Pale Ale, Tumbler (haven't tried) and Vienna. I already love their pale ale's and the Vienna and Oktoberfest have both been quite tasty. Still a little too early in the morning to have one...but I may try the Tumbler this afternoon while I am watching the Bills game!

I also have a couple of Great Lakes Brewing Co beers in the fridge that I got at the store in Cleveland during my last trip out to CP. I think that we might be heading out next Friday and then spending Saturday night in Cleveland to see a show so I might just have to stop back and pick some more up. In addition to their good beer, they also have some pretty tasty food choices.

Edit - tried the Tumbler this afternoon. It is a brown lager with a mild, nutty flavor - very drinkable.

I would definitely recommend the Sierra Nevada Fall 12 pack to anyone that sees it in the stores!

^ I'll have to look for that Sierra Fall Harvest variety pack after I'm done with Beer Camp. The Beer Camp has a good variety lighter and darker beers (although nothing really light), alts, Belgiums, and IPAs. I would recommend Beer Camp to any craft beer fan if you can still find it (a very limited amount was made and I bought it right before I went on the Mini-East Coast Tour - I am just tapping into it now). I believe Sierra Nevada also has an IPA variety pack (or it did not too long ago) - or was it Sam Adams? Anyways, back to Beer Camp.

Fourth beer at Beer Camp:ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410748114.677312.thumb.jpg.48521dcbcc5bcff6715cbc655487853d.jpg

Yonder Bock Tropical Maibock by Cigar City Brewing in Tampa, FL.

Pretty sure it was one of these as I'm obsessed with them and our neighborhood beer store has them all the time.

Wait, there's a Grapefruit Shandy??? That must be had...

Also, I heard that there's a possible Pumpkin Shandy, made by the same brewer. Has anyone ever had that one?

Pretty sure it was one of these as I'm obsessed with them and our neighborhood beer store has them all the time.

Wait, there's a Grapefruit Shandy??? That must be had...

Also, I heard that there's a possible Pumpkin Shandy, made by the same brewer. Has anyone ever had that one?

Ive had the lemon (good), strawberry (OK), and the grapefruit (amazing). Tastes like juice, but its beer. I'm not a huge fan of pumpkin beers, but if Traveler is brewing a pumpkin my local store will probably get it so I'll post here if I see/try it. Edit: http://travelerbeer.com/beers/jack-o-traveler/

I drank a pumpkin shandy a few weeks ago that was surprisingly good. I don't remember the brewery.

Edited by shivtim