TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What Was the Last Beer You Drank?

robbalvey

The other day a friend of mine had his usual summer party where lots of beer geeks got together. Besides the 5 different kegs of beers, several home brews, and plenty of bottles from all over the world, we did a vertical tasting of 2007 thru 2014 Dark Lord RIS.

image.thumb.jpg.018f2aaf061ed2afe1eac4782f26914b.jpg

Some were sweet, some were soy sauce, some were just right.

The other day a friend of mine had his usual summer party where lots of beer geeks got together. Besides the 5 different kegs of beers, several home brews, and plenty of bottles from all over the world, we did a vertical tasting of 2007 thru 2014 Dark Lord RIS.

AWESOME. The silver one (2007, I think?) was incredible around 2009... still the best single beer I've ever had. Although I had another silver one more recently (2013) and it wasn't as good. I think two years aging is about right for a Dark Lord.

Puppy's Breath porter from Cigar City. Tampa/St. Pete has really upped the brewery game. I'm lucky.

Anytime I'm over there, I try to make time to stop at Tampa Bay Brewing in Ybor. Good food and great craft beer. (So what if Guy Fieri went there, it's still good!)

^

TBBC is a pretty good place. I love their Iron Rat imperial stout and their Moose Killer barley wine.

And speaking of barley wine I picked up a 4 pack of Weyerbacher's Blithering Idiot. It's pretty boozey tasting and smelling considering it's 11%. A little too sweet. I don't know if something happened to my batch that I was drinking but it's was incredibly carbonated. Did not like that.

Checked out a local brewery by me last night called Three Palms Brewing. Had a 10% imperial stout aged on cocoa nibs. And it was on nitro which makes me happy. It was dangerous because I didn't taste alcohol at all. And a couple of wit beers which were okay.