Brewery: Surly Brewing Company

Style: American Brown Ale

ABV: 5.1%

Hopped Up 'N Horny

Brewery: Horny Goat Brewing Co.

Style: American IPA

ABV: 6.3%

https://untappd.com/user/timothy31zz/beers

Ok, so don't know if anyone has had STEEL RESERVE.

I was watch a YouTube video of a wine expert was tasting very cheap beers. Long story short she ranked this one her favorite out of the 6/7 she tried.

I finally found it, it was $1.19 for the 24oz can. It was very good for that cheap of beer.

That was the last beer I drank. I am usually not a cheap beer drinker, love my imports and micro brews, but had to go out of my way to try.

As far as malt liquor goes, 211 isn't abysmal. It's certainly bad, but I'd absolutely take it over something like King Cobra or St. Ides, both of which are absolutely hideous.

Oh I 100% agree with you. The taste of 211 was not abysmal at all, but it is bad. In terms of having it over a King Cobra or a St. Ides that is a given. I can't stand them either. I would even state that I would rather have a 211 rather then any bud. Can't stand bud.

Yuengling Lager. I'm probably going to be treated as a blasphemer for this, but this **** is honestly quite overrated. Everyone was making a huge deal out of it finally coming to New England, but as it stands now, it's at least $1.50-$2 more expensive than Narragansett in my region while not being that much better. Unless the price drops, 'Gansett will still be my go-to for cheap but not awful beer.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Okay this isn't the last beer I drank, but it is the last beer I drank at a theme park.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1402365841.559324.thumb.jpg.2527d2dd7c7b2989cdedb5f1e32fa7b7.jpg

Beer selfie!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1402365885.749021.thumb.jpg.a6b7a795e9cc831fd8af5759210fdb39.jpg

Santa Cruz Mountain Brewing Giant DIPA - which I had on the Boardwalk when I was there on May 30th. It is a Double IPA with 8.9% alc which came in a pint can. It was pretty hoppy and paired nicely with the Deep Fried Artichoke Hearts I had.

As well as being a coaster geek, soccer geek and cricket geek, I also love a beer! (yes, I don't know how my mrs copes with the rivetting conversation I put out there!)

I am a particular fan of UK 'Real Ale' - a more hearty, hoppy/bitter brew than your lighter lager beers or pilsner. I also love the dark Belgium beers too with their full bodies.

Last night I had 'Jaipur IPA' brewed in Derbyshire near to where I live in the UK. It is an amazing drink, Citrus and bitter, but leaves a fantastic glowing aftertaste. At 5.9% ABV it doesn't take too many sips to let you know you've had some either. I highly recommend it

imagesCAOX40RD.jpg.105c55528d017213b65e5ea83a9ecaf0.jpg

Sweetwater Road Trip, looked good on the shelf, very interesting beer. Slightly spicy nose, with a nice clean finish.

I'm having a Sweetwater 420 IPA that I bought while down in Virginia. Quite tasty, but not as hoppy as other local IPA's I have sampled.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Flying Dog Pearl Necklace. Not as different as I thought it'd be from a typical stout; there are some hints of licorice and a slight tinge of brininess from the oysters, but it's just a really goddamn good stout for the most part. As far as Flying Dog goes, I'm still more partial to Raging Bitch and Bloodline, but this is really, really tasty, especially for a stout guy like me.