TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What Was the Last Beer You Drank?

robbalvey

Ellicottville Brewing Co. - Stainless Steel Obsession (gotta stay local when I can). I would have preferred it be called Steel Eel Obsession, but what can you do?

High bitterness; mildly malty w/piney hops.

Seems to be a little easier on the palette than some of the ultra hoppy IPA's...almost reminds me of Red Hook a little bit.

001.JPG.7f1553cece2588f21ecdf9b1c9e04a3f.JPG

An old friend was in town this weekend, and we drank some good stuff: Firestone Double Jack IPA and Alewerks Bitter Valentine IPA (the best beer I've tried from this Williamsburg brewery).

Southern Tier 2X Rye.

It's seasonal, but my co-worker (whom just came back to work from cancer treatment) brought in two for me to try this evening from a six pack that he had bought before he started his treatments last August.

So glad to have him back in the office and doing well...and the beer is awesome too!

Ok, so don't know if anyone has had STEEL RESERVE.

I was watch a YouTube video of a wine expert was tasting very cheap beers. Long story short she ranked this one her favorite out of the 6/7 she tried.

I finally found it, it was $1.19 for the 24oz can. It was very good for that cheap of beer.

That was the last beer I drank. I am usually not a cheap beer drinker, love my imports and micro brews, but had to go out of my way to try.

I was watch a YouTube video of a wine expert was tasting very cheap beers. Long story short she ranked this one her favorite out of the 6/7 she tried.

I finally found it, it was $1.19 for the 24oz can. It was very good for that cheap of beer.

That was the last beer I drank. I am usually not a cheap beer drinker, love my imports and micro brews, but had to go out of my way to try.

I might try that next time.

I just had a Dead Guy Rogue last night. It's somewhere between an IPA and a regular ale if that makes sense. It's pretty good! It's one of my favorites.

As far as malt liquor goes, 211 isn't abysmal. It's certainly bad, but I'd absolutely take it over something like King Cobra or St. Ides, both of which are absolutely hideous.