TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What Was the Last Beer You Drank?

robbalvey

Well now that fall is over and winter is officially here, for lunch I decided to finally break out my bottle of Weyerbacher Imperial Pumpkin Ale that I've had in the fridge for the last 2 months.

Then tonight, while watching our annual viewing of Christmas Vacation with the Wife, I decided to get into something new from Otter Creek. Their Double Decker Olde English Holiday Ale.

972303521_beer007.jpg.5ab18e47baaf82d368c41d28bf3cc575.jpg

Cheers! And have a Merry Christmas everyone!

1394337652_beer006.jpg.04132fbe91c7f13420d610d3c2fabcf9.jpg

The first of the new World Tour series from Otter Creek. They haven't dissapointed me yet.

570826568_beer004.jpg.a93dde7cc0cae8d3c7a351571fad58bc.jpg

I'm a big fan of pumpkin ales and this one is truelly the king. I bow down.

I decided to get into the Christmas spirit (don't worry, it passed already) and went with a holiday beer. I went old school though, with a beer that doesn't exist anymore, a Bethlehem BrewWorks Rudolph's Reserve. After some legal issues, they had to change the name, so its forever known as Rude Elf's Reserve. So this beer I have right now has been aged for at least 2 Christmas's. Its perfectly fine though, since its a Belgian Ale, doctored up with some cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, coriander, allspice, and sweetgale. Definitely a good Christmas beer!

Photo_122505_004.jpg.225b400f5541d1e9a836cdd09cbd0f07.jpg

Ah yes, it in fact does taste excellent after 2year. Sadly, it does not motivate me to cut my hair or shave.

Photo_122505_003.jpg.e014defaed58cceb65e51f68a9de89dd.jpg

Here's to hoping it actually does get better with age....

Photo_122505_002.jpg.875dd50fa2b15fa57523a53b4606e5f9.jpg

Only for special occasions do I break out the aged stuff

The Stoudts Fat Dog is a good choice Derek. That and the Victory Storm King are probably the my two favorite local stouts. That's getting me in the mood to try some of the new ones I've got waiting in the fridge.

It's nice to see the Rudolph's Reserve still lives one in some people's fridges. I need to get up to the Brew Works and try this years batch of the Rude Elf.

Ok I am not a "beer" drinker. I hate it. I had an awesome time at SeaWorld on Christmas Day. The gentleman at the tasting counter let me sample many different things, and I finally found a beer I dont totally hate...

The Low carb beer..LOL...Michalob Ultra..

I also had a Bay Breeze...which was pretty good...but I prefer the Bahama Bay Breeze

^ Odd. It seems to sell really well around here.

Why .... I have no idea.

Last year it was a 6 million barrell brand... numbers projected for next year show it at 1.5 million barrells.

The budget for the brand marketing has been cut like you wouldn't believe.

The main focus now is Budweiser Select. Which isn't being marketed at a low carb beer, even though it is.

Then it was on to several Sam Adams Winter Lagers and Victory Hop Devils.

That's a pretty nice looking bar setup you have there Tom. So how do you like the Delerium Tremens? I see it all the time at my local place and was wondering how it is. I'm not a huge fan of Belgian Ales but I'm always up for trying a highly recommended one.

sam_victory_768.jpg.9e809b6834ea9f41c59c2ec9fa7289b2.jpg

OK, I felt guilty for not drinking at all today, so before bed I was inspired to enjoy one of the aged goodness beers from Weyerbacher.

Photo_122605_002.jpg.22bd67e2fa9883f8f402dfd2057ab892.jpg

Whiskey barrel aged beer at bedtime with nothing to eat since 5....I'll be sleeping good tonight! Cheers!

Photo_122605_001.jpg.341614343e47deade45de301f2b660e5.jpg

Insanity was my plea