TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What Was the Last Beer You Drank?

robbalvey

^ This guy specializes in meads. He wins a ton of local competitions every year, and the sweet potato mead is probably one of best known creations. It's a really wonder brew for this time of year. Just a slight hint of sweet potato.

I'm lucky to know some really wonderful home brewers around here.

Had some Shock Top Pumpkin Wheat on tap at a bar on Saturday while watching the WVU-UMD game. I hate regular Shock Top, and most A-B products in general, but tried some per bartender's recomendation. I thoght it was amazing! I've never had any other Pumpkin beers, but she recomended me try Dogfish Punkin. Anyone have any other recomendation for other good pumpkin beers now that they're in season? I've seen Saranac Pumpkin and Schlafly Pumpkin available in this area.

In addition to Dogfish Head Punkin, Weyerbacher Imperial Pumpkin is a really good one, as is Southern Tier PumKing. Shipyard makes 2 pretty decent ones, Pumpkinhead and Smashed Pumpkin. Then there is New Holland Ichabod and Heavy Seas Great Pumpkin, which should also be available in your area. I didn't really care for the Saranac Pumpkin when I had it a few years ago and don't believe I've ever had the Schlafy, but that one is probably good.

In addition to Dogfish Head Punkin, Weyerbacher Imperial Pumpkin is a really good one, as is Southern Tier PumKing. Shipyard makes 2 pretty decent ones, Pumpkinhead and Smashed Pumpkin. Then there is New Holland Ichabod and Heavy Seas Great Pumpkin, which should also be available in your area. I didn't really care for the Saranac Pumpkin when I had it a few years ago and don't believe I've ever had the Schlafy, but that one is probably good.

QFT.

Pumking is still my all time favorite, IF they make it with real pumpkin. The years they switched to canned pumpkins....not so much.

Another good one is Lakefront's Pumpkin Ale.

• 3 weeks later...