TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photoshop Contest: Re-theme Cypress Gardens to Legoland!

Hey TPR!

Merlin Entertainment recently announced that they are building Legoland Florida on the site of the former Cypress Gardens. Give us an idea of some wild and crazy Lego rethemes of stuff. Use your imagination and try to make us laugh!

A couple of rules:

1. Only one entry per person. You can upload as many attempts as you like, but in the description of your one entry, you must write "Official Entry".

2. Keep it PG 13.

3. I will close the contest to new entries on the February 5th, voting will open up shortly afterwards!

The winner will get a **HUGE** honkin' bag of TPR CRAP!

That's all the rules! Have fun!!

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

See if you can spot the transplants...

2058443938_withlogocopy.jpg.bd73ce6ce7828cd158ef2c4c7224850e.jpg

Official Entry: Borrowing a little bit of the best from the existing Merlin properties including Legoland, Thorpe Park and the London Eye (plus a hint of wishful thinking), Legoland Florida will be a centerpiece attraction for families and fans alike.

/\ My original idea was something along those lines - like it!

Whilst coming up with my idea I stumbled across this image, just thought I'd put it on here incase anyone wanted to use it as part of thier idea!

Looks awesome but you must have some serious time on your hands to do something like this!

legoflowers.jpg.433924e795067701f4109a026f9bb29c.jpg

Park Entrance?

Hmm...usually our photoshop contests go over a bit better than this. ANy reason why some of you might not be as interested in this one versus others we have done in the past?

Well, my first thought when this posted was, "Um, add legos?" I mean, what else is Legoland known for? If Cedar Fair was taking over, there'd be lots of stuff to play with: trashcans, concrete, dull names, seatbelts, etc. But this...I suspect that most people just can't can come up with anything more clever than dumping a bunch of legos onto a photo of Cypress gardens.

/Or, at least, that's been my issue so far.

Hmm...usually our photoshop contests go over a bit better than this. ANy reason why some of you might not be as interested in this one versus others we have done in the past?

Well, my first thought when this posted was, "Um, add legos?" I mean, what else is Legoland known for? If Cedar Fair was taking over, there'd be lots of stuff to play with: trashcans, concrete, dull names, seatbelts, etc. But this...I suspect that most people just can't can come up with anything more clever than dumping a bunch of legos onto a photo of Cypress gardens.

Yes, this is exactly it. In my opinion, too many of the recent contests have been based around "adding theming" or something like that, and they tend to be the same picture or two with something random added. The one about the Manta track was good because it gave a lot of possibilities, which is what more of them should be like; a more vague topic might help interest people as well. The topic should let people be really creative with their entries whereas I feel like the current one gives people two things to work with (Legos and CG), rather than having them come up with their own pieces and joke based off one theme. Something like "If Dick Kinzel ran a different company" would be good in my opinion.