TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Tropical Paradise [RCT2]

With this park, I'm more looking to try out new hacks and tricks. So I'm not looking to build realistically.

I'm hoping for comments about how to improve supports and themeing.

Any of which would be much appreciated!

Tropicalis.jpg.0498bd489471e77e57e025c85efe9a2a.jpg

Pic is a little out-dated, but you get the gist of things.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For not being a realistic coaster it does look like a really fun ride.

Is there a way to get some supports to attach to the vertical sections of track?, like using T's to come off other in place supports and connecting them to the vertical sections. Definitely need some trees and more angels on your buildings.

Hey, is it possible to see an underground shot of that ride? I'm a little confused as to how it all pieces together.

Other than that I think it looks pretty cool. It doesn't have to be realistic, it's RCT. I look forward to seeing some of your new "Hacks".

Srry mcjaco but that doesn't mean anything, If he's going for new stuff to try and show why doesn't he show anything worth looking even if its just some crazy hack...

In short, it's his thread and also it's fun to experiment. You may not agree, but I too find experiments fun and I think this thread is worth looking at.

Stoksy, keep the stuff coming! I find hacked rides fun to look at and watch!

EDIT: BTW, mcjaco, we make a good doubleteam pair. You're a reasonable moderator, and I'm a reasonable veteran member.

You know Belgium Guy, your posts are going to be fun to pick at.

Sorry but I'm not liking it,

Well you don't need to like it.

There is no theme or foliage, the station is boring and blocky and the supports aren't realistic,

Look man, I don't think hes finished & he doesn't care. I think hes like me, and plays for fun rather than fame. (because we release a lot of content that doesn't get finished) Also, you do not give any suggestions to what he should do to add on. Another thing, this is unfinished!

Take a look at some good parks over at NE and try themeing it more cuz now its just a coaster over plain grass

New Element? People there will spend a decade making a little 2x2 house, and then a flame war will occur over everything. Also, New Element does have a lot of crappy parks on there. Its just that there not shown!

New Element is just a site where you can get inspired by, if you want to be good as some of the spotlight holders, it takes a lot of practice.

When I mean lots of practice, I mean spending 2002 to now playing this game.

------------------

Now, lets go into post 2

Srry mcjaco but that doesn't mean anything, If he's going for new stuff to try and show why doesn't he show anything worth looking even if its just some crazy hack...

You know what, it is something worth to show (IMO). Granted, I think Stoks should of added a bit more on his first pictures.

Now, guys these are BelguinGuys posts

There like my old ones, but more detailed.

I know hes trying to turn every poster into NE masters, but I think hes only doing this because on NE, everyone rips his stuff apart, and he can't really do it on NE. So he comes over here where most of the posters are nice people, who just play for fun, and he will destroy everything up.

I'm sorry, but if people want to take there parks and get these NE style comments, guess where they'll go! New Element!

If people want there parks to be loved, with some comments here and there. Then they'll come here, or to Atari, or to Coaster-net.

Anyways Stoks. I like your project. Don't listen to BelguinGuy.

He knows what hes talking about, but he talks about it in a rude manner, and doesn't provide positive feedback.

Where is netdvn??? He gave out the best park reviews out there. They where short to the point, and told everything that needed to be said.

-Matt

OK, let's not turn this into a bash fest.

That being said, there are good ways to post criticism, and not so good ways. And continually posting negative comments will not get you much love from the rest of the community. You'll be labeled as a "Negative Nancy" (hmmm, maybe that will be a Game Forum Title ). And eventually, no one will listen or take you seriously. Which is the trend I'm seeing, and why I brought it up.

On the other hand, GOOD constructive criticism can be a way of pushing people to the next level. If (notice the IF), that person is looking to push themselves to the limit in their creations. Everyone plays these games for different reasons. Some, to create incredibly imaginative parks that are detailed to the hilt. Some, just want to recreate some place that they love so much. And others, just want to be able to build what ever they want, no matter the quality of building prowess.

Everyone should be taken for what their project is about. Not what you think it should be, or could be.

Enjoy the game! Because at the end of the day, that's all it is!

For the sake of this thread could everyone PLEASE cool down a little.

BelgianGuy - I appreciate your comments because you are very good at the game, but to save you further hurt, I think it may be best if you stop posting in this thread for a while.

Fat-G - Do you mean the vertical drop? If so, it may be a little hard because it is a vertical drop, and if I angle the land downwards there would just be ground surrounding the drop that would be sticking out like a sore thumb.

dmaxsba - Thankyou

KPWoCkAxX - Thanks, however it would be hard to show an underground view because a lot of the ride is underneath paths.

OK, let's not turn this into a bash fest.

You'll be labeled as a "Negative Nancy" (hmmm, maybe that will be a Game Forum Title ). And eventually, no one will listen or take you seriously. Which is the trend I'm seeing, and why I brought it up.

Enjoy the game! Because at the end of the day, that's all it is!

What about also the other name of that, and her sister? Debbie Downer?

Plus, the say something about time playing the game. Matt, alot of the people at NE have been playing the game (the staff mainly) for over 10+ years like me. I've been playing since the series 1st game came out in 1996 and I love being part of TPR's game forum. Despite I post next to nothing coaster game related.

EDIT notice: I didn't know he-ated became a censored word. odd.

*Cough* errr...sorry...back on topic now.... *Cough*

• 1 month later...

Did anyone miss me??

After a long hiatus, I have finally begun playing RCT2! and worked on the park.

Although not a big update, I have begun working on the foliage which I hope you will like.

TheIsland.jpg.71afb4d0aec44805b278e1e3ce66e4d9.jpg

First view

TheIsland2.jpg.8d0d2a992a41ea232f5cbd91f997280b.jpg

Second view

I think you need more variety in your foliage. Those Jungle themed plants are great for contrasting with the normal plants, but I don't think only they should be used. Also, you could add some color to that( some kind of flower, maybe the jungle one). I like the color scheme on the coaster itself, but could you please change those footers to all grey?