TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

An Upgraded TPR Forum Coming Soon!

Hey everyone!

An update to TPR's Forums is coming soon and we need your help!

The forum software we currently use has gone through a significant upgrade over the past 18 months and we have been waiting for a more stable version before we switched over.

Well, that time is basically now, and we have a test version of the upgraded forum ready for your input!

Please click the following link and login just like you normally would to the TPR Forum:

http://www.themeparkreview.com/ilikefish/

NOTE! This is only a *TEST* version of the forum. Anything you post in the test version WILL BE DELETED when the final version goes live.

What we need from you is the following:

- Feedback on the overall operations of the upgrade.

- What you like

- What you don't like

- Features that you use on the old version that may not be present in the new version

- Cosmetic issues you have found (art, design, layout, graphics, etc)

- Bugs or any other functionality issues

- HELP US FIND BUGS! Do everything you can to try and BREAK the forum!

- Try out all the features you normally would on TPR - posting topics, replying to topics, posting photos, posting videos, changing your avatar, changing your signature, etc. Also, posting SCREEN SHOTS of the bugs you find is also helpful! Please...HELP US FIND BUGS!!!!

- Any other comments about this new upgrade that you may have.

The goal here is to reap the benefits of the new version of the forum without "re-inventing the wheel." The overall experience from the old version and the new version should be very similar.

Please let us know your thoughts! And please post any bugs or issues you find! Your help is greatly appreciated.

--Robb

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The design looks good to me. I really like that you took out the new topic button when you open up a post, many times on forums I have seen people hit that button instead of the reply button.

The search topic does not function at all. I opened up a topic and tried to use a few words from it in the search and each time it pulled up that they were nothing found.

^ The block colours next to each other don't make it stand out very well, much more 2 dimensional looking than the current forum.

Can you post a screen shot of your example? I'm not understanding what "the block colours" are. We are using the same (or very, very similar) colours to the current forum.

--Robb

I can confirm that firefox and a resolution of 1024 is giving a small challenge at the moment (IE does work perfectly though at the moment)

I'm looking into a solution for this at the moment...

Update: The 1024 screen resolution and Firefox should be fixed at the moment.

So, the one on the left is the current forum, and the one on the right is the new one.

The new one doesn't have a white boarder, so big blocks of colour are right next to each other. Also the blue section is now a block, where as the current blue is slightly shaded, being darker at the top and lighter at the bottom.

Thats more or less what i mean.

So, the one on the left is the current forum, and the one on the right is the new one.

The new one doesn't have a white boarder, so big blocks of colour are right next to each other. Also the blue section is now a block, where as the current blue is slightly shaded, being darker at the top and lighter at the bottom.

Thats more or less what i mean.

Gotcha. We could try to work in the gradient, but probably not the white bar. It never even stood out to me as a problem.

Do other people agree that this is a big issue or is it just a minor nitpick that most people wouldn't notice?

Hanno, how hard would this be to change?

--Robb

Also, everyone should keep in mind that we are trying to make the upgraded forum look very similar to the current one, but with new systems and new templates it won't be possible to make it look *exactly* the same.

There will be some new things we will all have to get used to.

--Robb

Woah, check that "online now" banner out. Pretty rad.

I just read a new attachment will show and the old ones won't and it is true. If you post an attachment, say, a picture, in the new forum, it will show up perfectly. So neglect what I said earlier about the attachments not showing up.

Edit:

Do other people agree that this is a big issue or is it just a minor nitpick that most people wouldn't notice?

It is not something I noticed and is not something that necessarily bothers me. I guess I come to look at theme parks, not so much the border of the forum. No offense or anything.

It's good with "rounder curves"

But is it just me, or does the text seem much harder to read in the new version? This may be because of the new design, which is more borderless and with fewer lines.

I'm looking forward to the new forums though. Always thought that these were a bit clumsy to use!

Also, have you thought about updating the smilies?

I don't think they are to neat, to be the honest.

Or, maybe it's because they look sort of out of place in the new forums.

Gotcha. We could try to work in the gradient, but probably not the white bar. It never even stood out to me as a problem.

Hanno, how hard would this be to change?

--Robb

IMO it looks good the way you have it now, but I can see how the extra colors would make things stand out more.

^^ & ^^^ Screen shots and browser information, please! This really helps us a lot so we can see what you are seeing!

Also, have you thought about updating the smilies?

No, sorry. I love the smilies and they are based off of one of my favorite video games - Taiko No Tatsujin. They were custom made for TPR and they will not be changed!

They are very "TPR!"

Always thought that these were a bit clumsy to use!

What about the forums are clumsy? Please explain.

See, comments like these aren't useful to us at all. You can't just make a very general comment and then expect us to be able to read your mind and fix what you don't like.

You need to tell us what it is you don't like and then FOLLOW UP WITH EXAMPLES so we can better understand what the problem is you are having.

We want to make the forum and the site better, but comments like "the forums are clumsy" don't help us improve the site at all.

--Robb

Generally I like it, it feels somewhat... more responsive. It looks more modern too, however I have the same feelings about looking flat. Especially around the calender. Robb, could you post a screenshot of what it *should* look like so we know if it is different?

EDIT: All photos in threads are being displayed as attachments to download.