TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Sightings.

Sightings is a short film that a friend of mine and I are writing and I am directing.

Synopsis: A group of high school students are doing a video report for their Digital Video class. When the group starts following an unknown figure, the get themselves entangled in a quite horrifying situation. One by one the group gets plucked off by an unknown assailant, and the only thing left is their footage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFEkfdL7BPw

Facebook fan page

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice work so far.

This kind had that Cloverfield feel to it. (the way its filmed and terror/suspense aspect)

You should forward your finished version to Bad Robot productions, so J.J. Abrams might possibly catch a glimpse of it. (A long shot I know, but in the Directors commentary for his Star Trek film he stated that the opening logo for the movie was designed by a 23 year old guy he came across on the internet.)

Good Luck!

Hey that is looking fantastic. I am part of my school's film club, Vibrant Films.

You have clearly thought about the scripting well, and it looks professional style - low budget. Exactly what you want. The only suggestion I would have is when inside the building, add a sort of black and white effect. Would just make it feel a little more spooky.

What editing program are you using?

Wow! The preview trailer is very impressive. I'm not gonna lie, 0:23-0:31 was pretty intense. It reminds me of a Blair Witch kind of storyline, set in a school. Nothing wrong with that, of course, Blair Witch was brilliant.

Nice work so far. Can't wait to hear more about it!

Classic "white girl in horror movie" touch

"Becky, I heard a weird noise over there"

"Really April? Let's go check it out!"

Classic.

In all seriousnes, the production, acting, and delivery seems superb so far. I was actually impressed with what the project is so far and look forward to seeing updates on it.

This is looking very good. I always enjoy seeing low-budget amateur films, because most of the time they end up being better than what we get from the professionals. I personally can't wait to see your finished project. This makes me want to finally get started on my "shaky-cam" film.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...