TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

p. 348 - Iron Gwazi POV!

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Holy crap you nerds are a tough crowd.  It looks like a coaster that will make me hoot and holler the entire time I'm on it while simultaneously trying to throw my fat ass as far from the train as pos

It means that you can look forward to a fun-filled day riding Kumba, Montu, Cheetah Hunt and Sheikra and while you're in line for one of those you might be able to watch an Iron Gwazi POV on your phon

I actually agree with many of you talking about how the RMC's are all very similar.  And that's fine. There's nothing wrong with building a ton of very similar kick ass rides when most people who ride

Posted Images

Wouldn't they have to start testing very soon to open on the 22nd? I will be there to check it out on Saturday. Can't wait to see the fully assembled train, I am curious if they will use the same logo.

It's been hit or miss with the dispatch of the trains... WHEN they have both sides open, sometimes they DO dispatch them together, when other times they just don't seem to care... But I've noticed that even when they DO dispatch them together, (at least recently) Lion somehow get quite a bit ahead of Tiger... Lion will be at the bottom of the first drop by the time Tiger is just going over the peak... so the dueling winds up being minimal at best...

...so hopefully with the Millenium Flyer's in place, not only with they hopefully run them together more consistantly... but hoping that both Lion and Tiger can keep up with each other... Either way, I'm super excited... the Tiger trains look wonderful (wish they had the Gwazi logo on the front, or a Lion head/Tiger head to differenciate... but that is nit-picking...) Cannot wait to ride once this sucker re-opens...

I was looking at the plain trains too, but I'm sure they'll add the designs before it reopens. I can't imagine Busch leaving them like that.

I liked Gwazi alright when I rode it--except for the fact that only the Lion side running. I guess this is even more cause for me to get back down there and get the Tiger side.

On a related note, I rode Wildcat with the MF's this past September and I thought it was terrible. I'm someone who loves Grizzly so I was surprised by how much Wildcat's roughness affected me.

I haven't been to BGT since April 2008 and when i went i rode Gwazi Tiger (Both sides open, but non-dueling ) and i thought it was really good, but still partially rough. But hailing from the Toronto-area in Canada and having CW nearby means that im pretty much used to having my spleen rearranged every time i go. These Millenium Flyers look sweet though, i can just imagine the feeling of dueling against Gwazi Lion or Tiger with a new semi-open style coaster train . I'm heading down to BGT in June, hopefully Cheetah Hunt will be open by then and i can ride both those monsters excited!

I rode Wildcat the season before they changed the trains and then the first season with the new trains. I didn't think the Flyers helped much at all.

On a related note, I rode Wildcat with the MF's this past September and I thought it was terrible. I'm someone who loves Grizzly so I was surprised by how much Wildcat's roughness affected me.

Wildcat isn't so rough as it just seems balls out uncontrollably fast. The new trains helped a great deal. The last time I rode with the PTC trains I thought for sure I was gonna need a chiropractor. Definitely a great fit for Lightning Racer so I can see where Gwazi should come out a winner if the old trains didn't tear up the track too bad.

I rode Gwazi for the first time in 2007 and it was pretty rough but still rideable. I went back and rode it again in 2009 and I only rode one side because it was so unbearable. It was as bad, if not worse, than Georgia Cyclone/Hurler roughness. I have been hoping all along that they would get MF's. I heard they were retracking the whole ride and if that is true, combined with MF trains this thing could be a top 10 wood contender. I guess we will see what happens! It makes me excited to ride it again!

Excellent, I will look forward to riding Gwazi again when I visit BGT in May, I did think the last time I went(3 years ago) it was getting rather on the rough side, and I could tell people coming off was'nt too impressed either, No wonder there was never a queue for it

I was at Busch Gardens today and they were testing BOTH sides of Gwazi this afternoon. Tiger's train is blue/teal. Lion's train is yellow. I was able to snap the following photos...

100_0858.jpg.96321d7f72a22444a406b279e2f24344.jpg

Tiger on the lift hill

100_0859.jpg.8441b9af9d1669a359f1af9a805a1362.jpg

Lion (it came by before I was ready with the camera)

100_0860.jpg.26f4ce5fc2bde66f495e5fb7e2735f4b.jpg

Tiger

Edited by robbalvey

I got some strange looks form people when I got all excited when I saw them testing the new trains and snapping pics.

One couple asked me what was going on, so I told them and they said, "You must work here, right?" HA! Nope. I'm just an AP holding coaster nerd.

Looks great , this ride was in definite need of help. I was there for a few days after Christmas, and it was brutal. Let's hope the new GCII trains here, make it better than the new trains on Wildcat (Hershey Park).