TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

P. 358: Two new slides & more announced for Adventure Island!

I hope these things work really well for the ride. It needs an improvement over the PTC's that's for sure. Kentucky Rumbler was fantastic with them, however Roar was not. Hopefully it's more like Rumbler!!!

I'll be out of town on the 22nd, but I'll for sure be there the week after.

YES!!!

I was hoping the rumor about the Millenium Flyer trains was true. ZOMG I am SO excited! Yea I'm going to Busch Gardens on the 22nd to ride! I'm actually going this Saturday too. If I happen to catch them testing the trains I'll be sure to snap some pics!

I noticed the trains have individual seatbelts. Do any other MF trains have this? The two rides with MF trains I have been on (Kentucky Rumbler and Thunderhead) only had one seatbelt per row.

Yes, Prowler at Worlds of Fun has individual seat belts for each rider. However, in all the time that Prowler has been open, when I've visited (about twice a week) they hardly ever stack the trains. The crew on this coaster knows how to be efficient and safe. They check the belts and bars at the same time. This coaster has gotten a bit faster as time has gone on - it takes barely 40 seconds (about 10 second's faster that from when it opened) from the time you leave the lift until you enter the magnetic reduction brakes, from there it's about 15 second's to the "stack" brake before the turn to the station. So when you factor in the time from station to top of lift, (it's about 48 seconds), so you're looking at 93 seconds to prevent a stack. Now the total ride time is a bit longer as you have to travel from the stack brake to the station (about 10 seconds), but it doesn't factor into preventing a stack. That's NOT a lot of time, but they do it, pretty consistantly. I hope this continues, but this coaster seems to be the exception at the park....

I know that one of the leads is not coming back next year on this ride, but I have my fingers crossed. Perhaps we should send them to train Gwazi's Crew?

I have not been to BGT since Montu was new, and am going this next winter and really looking forward to trying Gwazi and Cheetha Whatchacallit out. Oh, and SheiKra too! And any other rides I can whore around on like Air Grover and Cheetha Chase, of course, cause I'll do anything with a chain lift!

Edited by KCForce

^Stacking on Prowler is so not fun. I tend to get auto-stapled on that ride more than on any other GCI, or even any other woodie. It's uncomfortable even when the ride is standing still. Glad to hear stacking is rare!

I'm excited that Gwazi is finally getting MFs! I've ridden several very smooth coasters with them, and only one notably rough coaster (Roar West). I haven't ridden Gwazi so there's really nothing else I can say, but I still hope it improves the experience! They certainly look good!

I never got to ride gwazi with the Ptc trains but wildcat at hersheypark was one of my favs until the mf trains. I love rough rides!! You also have to consider that gwazi only closes for what a couple weeks per year? Woodies require far more care than that. Of course it was rough! I do hope these trains give it a better reputation though. By the way, are they going to give the new trains the same crazy graphics as the old ones? Those were the pimpinest trains ever!

Hooray!! I'm excited to see this finally happening to Gwazi. I think it'll be a good improvement, they just need to make sure they give it plenty of track work to help fix what the PTCs did. I could see the ride getting gradually better over time with MFs though.

When we were there on the 12th of Janurary they had a whole slew of guys walking and working on the track, so one can only hope they've given it not just new trains, but some T.L.C to the track as well....

I'm so happy to hear the great news. Went in 2007 and only took one lap because it was so rough. Planned to go visit my dad in August and get some rides on Cheetah Hunt, but now I have even more to look forward to. Hopefully over the next few years with some more retracking it will get even better.

I think I'm one of the few who thinks that Gwazi is OK, and I think the Flyers will be great improvement. I remember hearing bad things about Hershey's Wildcat with its old trains. Never experienced those, but I thought it was a great ride with the Milennium Flyers.

Im not getting my hopes up to high.

Wildcat at Hershey was still rough. Gwazi isn't going to be turning into a B&M. Ha.

Wildcat while still rough isn't as bad as it was before. Glad to see Gwazi getting an update, never have been on it but will hopefully in the future!

It's kind of crazy that Gwazi would finally get Flyers, even before Voyage's TLs go into service.

I'm with Zach. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this move is what the ride really needed, and I can officially consider BGT's coaster lineup the best, and most complete in the country.....even before Poacher:The Ride opens.